IGNORED

Fleetwood on Saturday. What team would you pick?

Dr Balls

So we all have to assume LJ  is the Head Coach for the foreseeable future. On that basis what team would you pick against Fleetwood? We have to go for a win but they are doing pretty well in League 1 so going to be far from straightforward. 

For my money Tomlin has to play along with Tammy. Give Engvall a start as 2 upfront. We need some attacking intent.

Little deserves to stay & we need a proper central defender alongside Flint, i.e. not Matthews. Give ROD  a chance in goal. He is not as bad as LJ has made out & always tries. 

Play Pack  or GON, assuming they are fit & not suspended, instead of Korey who still looks unfit & half the player he was at his best. Persist with Brownhill in midfield who does look he has real potential. Blood any new signings as substitutes.

So here goes:

ROD

Little Flint ??? Goulbourne

Brownhill Pack/GON Bryan

Tomlin Abraham Engvall

I don't know who he'll pick in a specific sense (right now, who knows what the squad will look like tbh) but I know this; if he acts like he did for the Hull game, and puts out a team he never intends to play again as an 'experiment', then God help us.

Fleetwood are no mugs; their current form makes this plain as day, and as we have a full week for the squad to recover in before Cardiff once that game is done, I expect us to play as full a strength side as possible, bar injuries.

If not, and we draw or lose, I'm sorry but I will be the first of those calling for his resignation, and I think it is fair to say I've been supportive of giving him a chance thus far.

Expect us to be in the 4th round draw, or us to need a new head coach.

We need to win on Saturday to just break this losing streak ahead of facing Colin's Cardiff. And the pressure is on, as in a higher division etc. What we don't need is a shocker like the 3-3 draw up there a couple of years ago. And at that stage we were in Promotion form!

Have to give some squad players a go I think but need to win. I'd go with 

ROD

Little Flint Moore(if not on loan) SG

Pack

Freeman.          Paterson 

Tomlin 

Gustav Wilbs(new signing?) 

Something like that anyway. Need to still be solid at the back. Pack should sweep up some in the middle. Wide players can swap if you like and I'm assuming O'Dowda to miss because he came off injured. Gustav needs a go and a big man next to him. Well just an idea from what I'm thinking now. 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Hopefully Matthews and Bryan at centre half, Flint wide left, and Tomlin in goal !

Everyone else up front

We'd destroy Fleetwood !

Sorry totally disagree, Tammy as a lone striker & everyone else between the sticks.

That'll **** em !!!

Judging by LJ's decisions for the team yesterday.

Goalkeeper any 1 from 3

FB,FB,FB , centre half (we only need one so we can get rid of the rest)

CM,CM,CM , winger playing CM, winger playing CM.

The other bloke that scores. 

I'm hoping we get clearance for the two new guys and that Engvall gets a run, if not .... I'll take a book !

LJ will be no doubt be telling us how well Fleetwood are playing and constitute a real threat to cup progress. Expect another formation designed to counter the opposition ,rather than an all out attempt win the game by playing 2  up front with 2 wingers and Tomlin just behind the front 2.

Attack is the best form of defence - as we found out yesterday.

Archived