IGNORED

Policing yesterday

Alan Dicks' Barmy Army

6 hours ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Was intrigued by the larger and more visable police presence within the ground yesterday - any reason for this?

We've not had problems at AG8 this season, and did seem an odd fixture to have so many inside the ground

20170102_161742.jpg

20170102_214048.jpg

They would have been on triple time perhaps - sorry saw post above. Double time for doing jack shit no shortage of volunteers clearly.

9 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Most of us are grateful for having you around. 

Well I think they have a right nerve. Standing up all game where there are seats available, staring at visiting supporters rather than watching the match.

No wonder the youth element think they can goad people.

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Well I think they have a right nerve. Standing up all game where there are seats available, staring at visiting supporters rather than watching the match.

No wonder the youth element think they can goad people.

I will be honest watching the visiting supporters yesterday was more entertaining than the game! ( sorry couldn't resist the joke)!!!

4 hours ago, phantom said:

There seemed to be a prominent number of stewards yesterday too - seemed like they all had new coats too

Christmas presents from their nan. 

37 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

They would have been on triple time perhaps - sorry saw post above. Double time for doing jack shit no shortage of volunteers clearly.

Worth every penny of there ' double time ' to look after the dregs of society like yourself the self proclaimed loon plage!!

2 hours ago, JulieH said:

4) there is no change to any security alerts around terrorism however I would urge any fan to report anything suspicious immediately to a steward or police officer. 

I'm sure you've read my comment but wanted to reply specifically. 

I found an unattended bag next to one of the entrance pods in the South stand just to the side of the pod. It was a bag for life, I had a quick look inside and was happy it was of no threat but still wanted to report it to a steward as it contained a bottle of water but there is never any stewards or officers on the actual outside of the SS, only those on the other side of the turnstiles. 

Maybe one could be positioned outside? Or failing that a text service set up so fans can report this sort of thing?

9 hours ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Was intrigued by the larger and more visable police presence within the ground yesterday - any reason for this?

We've not had problems at AG8 this season, and did seem an odd fixture to have so many inside the ground

20170102_161742.jpg

20170102_214048.jpg

Cops short of cash after a Christmas and are able to write their own blank cheque. 

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

I'm sure you've read my comment but wanted to reply specifically. 

I found an unattended bag next to one of the entrance pods in the South stand just to the side of the pod. It was a bag for life, I had a quick look inside and was happy it was of no threat but still wanted to report it to a steward as it contained a bottle of water but there is never any stewards or officers on the actual outside of the SS, only those on the other side of the turnstiles. 

Maybe one could be positioned outside? Or failing that a text service set up so fans can report this sort of thing?

Maybe the bag for 'life' threw them.

Those bags for 'death' however...

20 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

A&S make a profit on each cop

Cop paid £20 ph

Club used to be charged around £75 per cop per hour

( Dont know what it is now)

As for spotters read 'Don't like doing 'real' police work ' !!!

Couldn't be further from the truth mate. Pretty clueless, but I like your posts normally so I will let you off .

40 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

A&S make a profit on each cop

Cop paid £20 ph

Club used to be charged around £75 per cop per hour

( Dont know what it is now)

As for spotters read 'Don't like doing 'real' police work ' !!!

I am not involved in the charging to the club, that's an all together different department so cannot comment I am afraid 

the spotters are all police officers from front line policing who do the spotting role in addition to their front line duties. There were 3 working from Bristol yesterday, 2 of whom worked New Year's Eve for 10 hours and 1 of whom got assaulted .

i am not sure what you classify as ' real police work' . My role as a football officer I presume does not fit into that but I can assure you that I love my role and very much see it as real police work. I like to think that the team of spotters and I can make a difference to persons experiences of the police at football matches and perhaps in general as well!

19 minutes ago, JulieH said:

I am not involved in the charging to the club, that's an all together different department so cannot comment I am afraid 

the spotters are all police officers from front line policing who do the spotting role in addition to their front line duties. There were 3 working from Bristol yesterday, 2 of whom worked New Year's Eve for 10 hours and 1 of whom got assaulted .

i am not sure what you classify as ' real police work' . My role as a football officer I presume does not fit into that but I can assure you that I love my role and very much see it as real police work. I like to think that the team of spotters and I can make a difference to persons experiences of the police at football matches and perhaps in general as well!

Appreciate your responses, although trust of the police is something you'll not get from me. As individuals,  I have nothing but praise for those I have met, but as long as I hear about officers asking questions such as "do you just need a crime reference or would you like it investigated?" it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Others argue the toss over whether a crime has actually been committed when victims are at their most vulnerable. All in the name of massaging statistics.  

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Is probably that tbh.

The cost of policing is borne by the club- does anyone know if that goes to the force or direct to the officers? A little earner/revenue fiiller not just for the individual officers in question but Avon & Somerset maybe.

I think the club only pay for the presence inside the ground ?

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

@JulieH

Julie

Was going to ask this privately but no facility in your case to do so 

Straightforward question

Why , when you are on this forum in your role as a Police Officer are you looking at my profile ?

Many thanks in anticipation of your reply

Impersonating a footballer.

That's my guess!

27 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

@JulieH

Julie

Was going to ask this privately but no facility in your case to do so 

Straightforward question

Why , when you are on this forum in your role as a Police Officer are you looking at my profile ?

Many thanks in anticipation of your reply

I'm gutted. She hasn't looked at mine.

Not once.

Archived