IGNORED

Policing yesterday

Alan Dicks' Barmy Army

18 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I spotted a unattended bag left outside of the SS turnstiles. I watched for 20 minutes and not one steward came to look at it which I found shocking.

My wife was waiting over half an hour for me outside the SS turnstiles.

How dare you call her a bag!!!

10 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

@JulieH

Julie

Was going to ask this privately but no facility in your case to do so 

Straightforward question

Why , when you are on this forum in your role as a Police Officer are you looking at my profile ?

Many thanks in anticipation of your reply

I was going to attempt to message you privately but couldn't work out how to do it is the honest answer.

no other reason, thought I could reply privately to your original comment but realised when I clicked on your profile that I had no idea how to do it!!! Will get further training tonight from the supporters meeting.

I apologise if you have felt it was for any other reason.

All joking aside with regards to police costs - its obviously become more important in the last year or

so to increase security at events such as sports fixtures. It was highly apparent (to me anyway) that

last season the personal checks/searches of people and their bags coming into the ground had incresed

and I certainly welcome this. 

This season however I have noticed that when approaching the turnstiles I am asked to open my coat to

presumably show that I am not carrying anything dangerous, and yet not once has a steward even looked

into a pocket. It does seem strange to be doing a 'half job'

• Admin
On 1/3/2017 at 10:06, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

20170102_214048.jpg

12 hours ago, JulieH said:

the spotters are all police officers from front line policing who do the spotting role in addition to their front line duties. There were 3 working from Bristol yesterday,

The the 4 in the picture above are spotters? (They seemed to watch the Atyeo Stand rather than the Dolman behind them)

Are they the people that we see visiting pubs home and away? assumedly looking for "known" supporters?

1 hour ago, Working Late Again said:

All joking aside with regards to police costs - its obviously become more important in the last year or

so to increase security at events such as sports fixtures. It was highly apparent (to me anyway) that

last season the personal checks/searches of people and their bags coming into the ground had incresed

and I certainly welcome this. 

This season however I have noticed that when approaching the turnstiles I am asked to open my coat to

presumably show that I am not carrying anything dangerous, and yet not once has a steward even looked

into a pocket. It does seem strange to be doing a 'half job'

Just a token jesture to keep them busy prior to kick off.

On Monday I was asked to open my coat as usual.......only this time I was wearing a hoodie !

6 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Just a token jesture to keep them busy prior to kick off.

On Monday I was asked to open my coat as usual.......only this time I was wearing a hoodie !

I think this is where a lot of concern comes from.

If 'safe and sound' security struggle to identify a coat, you have to seriously question their ability to spot explosives.

I'm sure they are highly trained though and there is nothing to worry about.

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I think this is where a lot of concern comes from.

If 'safe and sound' security struggle to identify a coat, you have to seriously question their ability to spot explosives.

I'm sure they are highly trained though and there is nothing to worry about.

Just being pedantic @Bristol Rob but "Safe and Sound" no longer steward at the ground

I know the club were interviewing just before Christmas for new stewards so part of the problem is they've probably been told to do a job, but as they are new they haven't got the nous to use a bit of initiative about who needs to be checked etc

19 minutes ago, phantom said:

Just being pedantic @Bristol Rob but "Safe and Sound" no longer steward at the ground

I know the club were interviewing just before Christmas for new stewards so part of the problem is they've probably been told to do a job, but as they are new they haven't got the nous to use a bit of initiative about who needs to be checked etc

More than likely they receive minimal minimal training also...

1 hour ago, phantom said:

The the 4 in the picture above are spotters? (They seemed to watch the Atyeo Stand rather than the Dolman behind them)

Are they the people that we see visiting pubs home and away? assumedly looking for "known" supporters?

Yes 2 from reading.

yes they did visit pubs prematch

I assumed the huge amount of police on North Street was due to the gang of "CSF ULTRA YOOTS" aka, the Clearasil Crew, who were hanging around outside Strada Cycle shop with their bad acne, Burberry scarves and Stone Island jumpers (purchased on their Mum's credit card).

31 minutes ago, SARJ said:

I assumed the huge amount of police on North Street was due to the gang of "CSF ULTRA YOOTS" aka, the Clearasil Crew, who were hanging around outside Strada Cycle shop with their bad acne, Burberry scarves and Stone Island jumpers (purchased on their Mum's credit card).

......all sharing the one can of Thatchers 

Archived