IGNORED

Tinman=attacking Football

Maltshoveller

Just because tinman played football the way he did, doesn't

mean he will manage the team in the same stile.

Every one on this forum seems to think that we will be

playing this all out attacking football next season

and i hope you are all right.

My warning to you all is, did any of you watch GEORGE GRAHAM

as a player?? He was very skillful great passer of the ball

but was 10 times lazier than Tony Thorpe!!!But look at the way

he made his teams play when he became a manager.

Saying that if tinman has half as much success as GG had

we will all be happy

Kevin Keegan is famed for his attacking style of football but it cost him a Championship at Newcastle and Man City aren't exactly pushing for a European spot either.

Attacking football is great to watch as long as your team can defend as well.Its too much to ask of your strikers to score 3 or 4 every game if your defence is letting in 2 or 3 every game.

Its all about balance and George Graham built his succesfull Arsenal team on the back five.He then got Ian Wright to score the goals with Merson and Parlour providing the ammo.

Tinnion has a strong back 5 already - the best in the Division last season and with that in place he can afford to adopt an attacking style.

Guest sprout1883

You are right to be sligtly weary. We had Graydon he used to be a winger, but we had anything but an attacking style. In fact the complete opposite

i am not worried one bit. I know Tinman very well and i always said he will get his chance and it has not come at a better time. just don't worry mate, Just relax and enjoy the new season :D  :whistle:

People on here will hold you to those words mind. :P

:cool:

Kevin Keegan is famed for his attacking style of football but it cost him a Championship at Newcastle and Man City aren't exactly pushing for a European spot either.

Attacking football is great to watch as long as your team can defend as well.Its too much to ask of your strikers to score 3 or 4 every game if your defence is letting in 2 or 3 every game.

Its all about balance and George Graham built his succesfull Arsenal team on the back five.He then got Ian Wright to score the goals with Merson and Parlour providing the ammo.

Tinnion has a strong back 5 already - the best in the Division last season and with that in place he can afford to adopt an attacking style.

Have to agree with that. he has shown already that he wants attacking football by saying he will be looking to play with a 3-5-2 formation. We have adequate defence and keeper to keep out goals even with just 3 at the back. Keep tommy in the middle to help stop the ball getting past. Then we have just signed heffernan to score the goals and have got young gillespie who looks hot stuff. Along with Lita and any other striker we sing between then and now! We also look to have got Orr to help get the ball forward from midfield and Tin getting the passes in from the middle. Goodfellow and Murray on the wings to provide the pace murray can whip a few decent crosses in or cut in and pass or shoot as can Gillespie even though his crossing could be improved. 9who better to teach him than Tins?)

Then we have some fantastic looking youth that given the chance can make the grade or even just as good back up players for the squad.

Why I should have any reason not to look forward to the new season i do not know. Everything that I criticed wilson for an said what needed to be doen has been done so I can complain.

Can't wait for it to start because I haven't been so confident for a long long time.

There is a danger in confusing attacking football with all-out attack. We don't want to sacrifice our sound defense, but that doesn't mean we play defensive football, where the ball spends most of the time going back and forwards across the pitch. Equally we don't want all out attacking football. After last season, what we want and need is a more adventurous style of play.

Last season, with odd exceptions, too many players were inhibited out on the pitch. My hope is that Tinnion will give the team freeom to play a more flowing style , it doesn't have to be hit and hope, long ball either, we've better players than that. We have some of the best footballers in this divison, so lets hope we at last see them playing to their potential without a Manager's restricted tactics holding them back.

Guest bristolbred

We could alawys take a leaf out of the Euro2004 book and play football like the Greeks!!, :sport19:

Not too attractive to watch, man to man marking, where when the opportunity arises, you wrestle your target to the ground, just to show him who's boss on the park, and to win by the odd goal!!, :cool:

Hang on!!, thats like we used to play under Wilson, but without the commitment of the players!!, :D

Ok!, "Tins!", let's go for all out attacking football, just like the Holland v Czech Republic game, as it will be long remembered after the actual final will be!!, :whistle:

Greece??, who are they??, :city:

:city::)

Archived