IGNORED

Buying tickets in the Shop

Lack of Action Man

Just went to AG to buy a couple of tickets for the Fleetwood match. I was under the impression there was a self service machine that allowed you to pre-buy print at home tickets. When I went to the shop it wasn't there and I was directed to online or phone sales.

Did I miss something here? Shouldn't you be able to buy tickets at the ground somewhere?! Please?!!

It depends who is in the shop but if you don't have a printer at home and Marie the manager is in there then she might be willing to print your tickets out if you email them to her via the machine in the shop.  

Failing that you can go online and load them to your season card to use tomorrow (I did this yesterday) or phone up and order them to pick up tomorrow. Ticket office opens at 11. 

I agree though, it is silly :) 

19 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Just went to AG to buy a couple of tickets for the Fleetwood match. I was under the impression there was a self service machine that allowed you to pre-buy print at home tickets. When I went to the shop it wasn't there and I was directed to online or phone sales.

Did I miss something here? Shouldn't you be able to buy tickets at the ground somewhere?! Please?!!

Do you mean the machine wasn't there or that you couldn't print? The machine is tucked away in a corner iirc.

• Admin

It's nonsensical, buying a ticket in person, with cash, at the ground should be the simplest way to obtain one.  My job means that after 25 years of continual season ticket buying, I now can't get to all the games, so a season ticket isn't worth it for me, I'd just like to be able to simply go to the ground with my cash and get a ticket.

12 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

It's nonsensical, buying a ticket in person, with cash, at the ground should be the simplest way to obtain one.  My job means that after 25 years of continual season ticket buying, I now can't get to all the games, so a season ticket isn't worth it for me, I'd just like to be able to simply go to the ground with my cash and get a ticket.

Couldn't agree more. How you can no longer buy in person at the ground is criminal.

Had the same problem prior to the Hull City match. I was passing so popped in to the shop expecting to be able to buy tickets, but ended up stood in the shop, on the phone speaking to someone else working for the same club, whilst shop staff stood watching! We really do struggle as a club with basic admin!!

5 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

The problem now is that seats are allocated so that eveyone knows which is their seat - a simple solution would be for the less attractive matches to have one block of non allocted seats -sit where you want within this block.

These tickets could be printed off in advance and sold on the day in the shop /ticket points without the need for the time consuming wait for the ticket printout.

3 hours ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

The problem now is that seats are allocated so that eveyone knows which is their seat - a simple solution would be for the less attractive matches to have one block of non allocted seats -sit where you want within this block.

These tickets could be printed off in advance and sold on the day in the shop /ticket points without the need for the time consuming wait for the ticket printout.

Not sure allocating seats are the problem. It's been allocating seats for over 20 years so why in the last season or so you can't buy tickets at the shop.

Don't understand why a PC at shop can't be connected to the ticket office terminal or even a member of the shop staff logged on  to the on-line site selling tickets, I do find totally and utterly bizarre .

5 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

It depends who is in the shop but if you don't have a printer at home and Marie the manager is in there then she might be willing to print your tickets out if you email them to her via the machine in the shop.  

If ever anything demonstrated how utterly farcical this ticket thingy is, then this post is it! 

@Mkelly @AdamB surely to goodness this is so easy to fix!? You couldn't make it up. How can an on-site club shop NOT sell you a physical ticket to a game!? 

Here's a mad idea...

Ipad or similar tablet in a secure holder perhaps mounted on a bracket at the end of the cash desk...

IPad or similar tablet "locked" to the Bristol Sport ticket portal...

Printer placed strategically adjacent to the said IPad or similar tablet where a paper ticket is printed for the customer once they have booked...

Would cost no more than £500...

Simple solution for a nonexistent problem...

3 hours ago, bs3 said:

Not sure allocating seats are the problem. It's been allocating seats for over 20 years so why in the last season or so you can't buy tickets at the shop.

Don't understand why a PC at shop can't be connected to the ticket office terminal or even a member of the shop staff logged on  to the on-line site selling tickets, I do find totally and utterly bizarre .

1 hour ago, Charliesboots said:

Here's a mad idea...

Ipad or similar tablet in a secure holder perhaps mounted on a bracket at the end of the cash desk...

IPad or similar tablet "locked" to the Bristol Sport ticket portal...

Printer placed strategically adjacent to the said IPad or similar tablet where a paper ticket is printed for the customer once they have booked...

Would cost no more than £500...

Simple solution for a nonexistent problem...

At the old shop, pre the redevelopment, there was a PC and printer so that you could buy tickets. It can't be difficult to have the same set up in the new shop, but I'm sure someone has decided  that the future is internet based ticketing as it reduces costs. I can imagine the scene a couple of years ago  - a wonderful PowerPoint presentation extolling the virtues of the new way to sell tickets to all the City fans who are sat by their PCs at home.  Like a lot of things, it probably sounded great in principle, but isn't so good in practice. 

Archived