IGNORED

International Clearance

Sarumred

7 minutes ago, Red Necromancer said:

It used to be 5PM Friday but not sure if that's changed in the last few years.

A “registered player” is one who is either, in the case of a player under written contract, registered with The Association or, in the case of a player without a written contract, registered with a League in which his Club competes in the current season. Any such registration must have been received and accepted by The Association or League by 12 noon on the Friday immediately prior to the date fixed for playing the Round (the “Registration Deadline”), and the registration must be continuous through to the date of the match.

An International Transfer Certificate for Players coming from overseas associations (including Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland) takes precedence over a Player’s registration. Therefore, this is also required by 12 noon on the Friday previous to the date fixed for playing the Round for the Player’s registration to be valid.

3 minutes ago, Sarumred said:

Thanks for clarifying that but does anyone know whether we received clearances?

I haven't heard or read anything.  It would keep Fleetwood guessing if we didn't announce it too soon.  Might be a bit of "mind games" ahead of tomorrow's match.

Interesting response to the question - would suggest they are available.

Due to current performances, need for a win etc. do you expect to see (potentially) the Cardiff side tomoz i.e. full strength side? Hope so now I have given in to my post reading blues and got my ticket :fingerscrossed:

1 hour ago, Neo said:

Interesting response to the question - would suggest they are available.

Due to current performances, need for a win etc. do you expect to see (potentially) the Cardiff side tomoz i.e. full strength side? Hope so now I have given in to my post reading blues and got my ticket :fingerscrossed:

......or, it might suggest they haven't but if they make it sound like they're suggesting they have then they'll sell a few more tickets.....!!

14 minutes ago, italian dave said:

......or, it might suggest they haven't but if they make it sound like they're suggesting they have then they'll sell a few more tickets.....!!

Or by not confirming if 2 new players are in the squad, it keeps the opposition guessing and makes it harder for them to plan a counter to our tactics.  Quite like it really.

2 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

Or by not confirming if 2 new players are in the squad, it keeps the opposition guessing and makes it harder for them to plan a counter to our tactics.  Quite like it really.

I`d certainly hope if this had happened next week we`d be saying we were struggling to get them in in time when all the while the paperwork is securely locked away in Sir Steve`s safe.

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`d certainly hope if this had happened next week we`d be saying we were struggling to get them in in time when all the while the paperwork is securely locked away in Sir Steve`s safe.

It's a dilemma do we play them tomorrow to give them some match time or unleash them next week where Colin won't  have anything to go on whilst formulating a plan for us

2 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

Or encourages more people to go and watch, even though they may not be available.

Not that I'm a cynic or owt!

I would have thought the clearance was just a formality. As I understand it, Duric has been in Italy since the age of 2, and has been playing there for a while , and the German lad is..... well .... German.  It's not like getting a work permit for someone from outside Europe , so it surely is just a case of waiting for the pen pushers to push their pens. 

I do think that they could have added a few more to the Gate if they had made an announcement , would have given some on the fence a reason to go today. 

I'm expecting to see all 3 today, and a cameo from Engvall. :fingerscrossed:

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I would have thought the clearance was just a formality. As I understand it, Duric has been in Italy since the age of 2, and has been playing there for a while , and the German lad is..... well .... German.  It's not like getting a work permit for someone from outside Europe , so it surely is just a case of waiting for the pen pushers to push their pens. 

I do think that they could have added a few more to the Gate if they had made an announcement , would have given some on the fence a reason to go today. 

I'm expecting to see all 3 today, and a cameo from Engvall. :fingerscrossed:

I think it was more the German and Italian FA's or whatever they're called, releasing them or unregistering them from their leagues in time for us to register them here. I don't think work permits are the issue as both will have EU passports. 

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I think it was more the German and Italian FA's or whatever they're called, releasing them or unregistering them from their leagues in time for us to register them here. I don't think work permits are the issue as both will have EU passports. 

That was my point, nothing to actually do but just sign off the paperwork. 

Archived