IGNORED

Enough already

BS3_RED

5 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Get used to league one again next season then.

We are absolutely dire.

If we do go down what we'll need is a manager with experience of getting a team out of league one. Someone who plays passing football with players who know the league their in. Someone who knows the club well and the what it means.

Know anyone? ;-(

Really don't know what has happened, we were excellent from March - September but since then the standard of football has been shocking with no signs of it improving, the next 2 games are now massive, next Saturday's game against a poor Cardiff team & then the Fleetwood replay, lose them and I think he'll be gone especially if we miss out against a top team in the 4th round, personally LJ doesn't seem able to stop the rot particularly with his negative system and tactics, I genuinely hope I'm wrong

3 minutes ago, harrys said:

Really don't know what has happened, we were excellent from March - September but since then the standard of football has been shocking with no signs of it improving, the next 2 games are now massive, next Saturday's game against a poor Cardiff team & then the Fleetwood replay, lose them and I think he'll be gone especially if we miss out against a top team in the 4th round, personally LJ doesn't seem able to stop the rot particularly with his negative system and tactics, I genuinely hope I'm wrong

That is the question niggling away for me too.

Why did it all go so wrong ?

Without an answer to that we are unlikely to put it right

Is it simply down to injuries, loss of form and illness for Tomlin, Ekstrand, Matthews, GON?

I wonder if WBA fans had a breakdown when they drew 1-1 with a bang average champ side (us) last season? I'll admit I didn't go today and on paper it's a game we should be winning, but perhaps the fact we had three debutants as well as a new formation on display today means a 0-0 might be a step in the right direction after our recent run, regardless of opposition. 

21 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

So I am an idiot because 

A- I dare challenge LJ?

or 

B- I dare challenge SL?

So you think that LJ is doing a brilliant job then. Well if you think that then there is only one idiot and it is not me. 

I agree that my views on AG are subjective but I for one have always viewed the move to Bristol City Holdings and the recent inclusion of Bristol Rugby as a bad thing. 

I'm intrigued to know what your expectations were for us this season? 

35 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

As a 0-0 goes, I thought it wasn't that bad.

Fleetwood are a well organised team, we didn't lose and we looked strong in possession.

It was the lack of creativity in the final 3rd that let us down.

I don't agree with the op but this kind of post is just as annoying. 

What a bag if shit today was. Pure and simple. A good championship team with aspirations of more doesn't draw 0-0. It's not arrogant it's just simple fact if United drew with Reading today it would be considered a poor result. They didn't, they just handled the job professionally and moved on to the next round. 

7 minutes ago, Redandy said:

The happy clappers are that desperate they can talk up a draw at home to Fleetwood. It is pathetic.

What is pathetic is calling anyone who is able to identify any sort of positive a "happy clapper". Such a tired and overused phrase.

No one is overjoyed with a 0-0 draw with Fleetwood but that doesn't mean there isn't anything positive to say. I have much more of a problem with those who seem to revel in our struggles far more than they do any success.

28 minutes ago, Super said:

Actually staggered that people are happy with the result? I guess we played really well?

Don't think anyone is happy with that result.

But did it surprise you after the last 10 games? Surly we have to give it a bit of time for the new lads to make a real impact.

Sounds like more incoming and no way that Johnson is on his way anytime soon.

So wele have to suck it and see. what else can we do?

6 minutes ago, bissellredhead said:

I'm intrigued to know what your expectations were for us this season? 

To be safe with at least 5 games to go which at this moment in time I do not believe to be a realistic expectation. 

42 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Would that be the Lansdown Stand at Ashton Gate stadium? Named after proud Bristol City supporter Steve Lansdown? The one I'd have to walk along Marina Dolman Way to get into? Next to the Atyeo stand, named after a club legend? Flanked by the South Stand, full of Bristol City banners? To watch a team called Bristol City wearing red shirts with Bristol City on their badge? Opposite the Dolman Stand named after another club legend? The one with the red seats?

That one? Yeah you're right, nothing to do with our club at all.

36 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

Checkmate :clap:

I refer to this

shit 1.jpg

shit 2.jpg

4 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

I refer to this

shit 1.jpg

shit 2.jpg

Yes I know what you were referring to. But my point is that there is more than enough Bristol City on display to make up for this. In fact the stadium probably celebrates our history and identity more than it did before the development - I didn't even mention the Atyeo statue. What harm do a few rugby-centric posters do in the grand scheme of things? Absolutely none I would suggest.

28 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

The stadium and Bristol Sport are never mentioned when things are going well on the pitch. 

Funny that. 

Wrong. I along with plenty of others have

1. When the Dolman was completed I sat in the restaurant looking out and if it wasnt for the old seating with Bristol City lettering it could have been anyones ground

2. No longer the City shop. Now Bristol Sport shop. First time I walked in there I was greeted with Rugby gear

3. From the moment Bristol RFC came to Ashton Gate the pitch no longer looks like a football pitch. Foreign markings have put paid to that

and finally 4 which really boiled my piss...upon entering the Lansdown Stand last week Im greeted with Wall to Wall Bristol Rugby . All singing and dancing magnificent new two tier stand with no relevence to Bristol City whatsoever. Im going to a "home" match that doesnt even feel like home when I walk into that

Ashton Gate is no longer Bristol City FC's . It is a multi-purpose stadium with an identity for itself

28 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Worth also remembering that something in the region of a quarter of the side were making their debuts today so you need to allow for that.

I'd be all for that if we played a formation I think we'll play long term. I genuinely think we played 3-5-2 to match Fleetwood which tbf, maybe is an easier way to fit new signings in but if we go 4-4-2 next weekend what did we achieve today other than players playing out of position. I guess we'll see Saturday. 

Let's not muddy the waters here. Bristol Rugby has nothing to do with Lansdowns failures running this club.

By all means check my posts over the years and I have always defended the man. But the last 10 years ave been a failure by his standards. You can trot out crap about infrastructure but ultimately we are on the brink of playing football with Rovers like 16 years ago with absolutely nothing to show for his time here. 

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Yes I know what you were referring to. But my point is that there is more than enough Bristol City on display to make up for this. In fact the stadium probably celebrates our history and identity more than it did before the development - I didn't even mention the Atyeo statue. What harm do a few rugby-centric posters do in the grand scheme of things? Absolutely none I would suggest.

So how do you think something like this would go down at Old Trafford or AnfIeld or Elland rd? We as fans are pathetic for letting this shit happen  OUR HOME.

45 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I could've taken a draw with a solid performance. Was dire though. Never that formation again either please. Or at least not with that personnel 

Hasn't everyone been calling for 3-5-2 during this bad run?

3 minutes ago, Redbo said:

Hasn't everyone been calling for 3-5-2 during this bad run?

Many have. I haven't and continue to not want it. Especially after watching today. Flat 4-4-2 with Hegeler and Brownhill at CM. Or 4-5-1 with Tomlin behind striker and Hegeler and Reid behind. Pack could replace Hegeler if needed. Korey is done for me. GON could fit in at times. Still need better wingers and full backs though. Have enough to do a job though in those spots. 

Archived