IGNORED

Enough already

BS3_RED

4 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Ok great. 

Well what the fcek do you want me to say. Its obvious that a large chunk of our fans could not give two shits about it. As such there is not a lot I can suggest, is there?

22 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

I was pre-empting the enivitable comments of SL giving us a new stadium to my reference of SL leaving no legacy if he does not act soon. 

With regards to SOD, I compare the current football to SOD's reign. 

I thought the football under Pulis was far worse than SOD. 

Not overly bothered about today as three newbies making their debut and it takes time to bed in to a new team. However, look at the run of games we have coming up soon and it's obvious we need to get points on the board in the next three or four games starting next Saturday. Fail to do that and I cannot see where Johnson goes from there. Whatever way you look at it Johnson has made a total mess of things since October.

Ashton and Lansdown have backed him and it's time for him to get us out of the mess he has put us in with his constant tinkering of the team and resultant failure to address the issues we have clearly had in the first half of games which he just seemed to brush off.

Would that be the Lansdown Stand at Ashton Gate stadium? Named after proud Bristol City supporter Steve Lansdown? The one I'd have to walk along Marina Dolman Way to get into? Next to the Atyeo stand, named after a club legend? Flanked by the South Stand, full of Bristol City banners? To watch a team called Bristol City wearing red shirts with Bristol City on their badge? Opposite the Dolman Stand named after another club legend? The one with the red seats?

That one? Yeah you're right, nothing to do with our club at all.

That's all very true as far as it goes, but you have forgotten something - the partial takeover of our stadium by the wretched blue signage and the rugby markings all over the pitch when we are watching a football game!

It's a shame because it does rather spoil the traditional red and white of the ground which, as the home of BCFC long before rugby came on the scene  when I go to watch my team, I expect to see a red and white background and ONLY  football markings on the pitch.  

Otherwise I agree with all you've said.  

1 hour ago, BS3_RED said:

Well what the fcek do you want me to say. Its obvious that a large chunk of our fans could not give two shits about it. As such there is not a lot I can suggest, is there?

I was hoping there was something you could suggest actually. In the hour of need for many City fans, with the club in turmoil on and off pitch, I was hoping I'd found somebody to guide us out of the current horror show that is being served up by Bristol Sport. With boos ringing round the rugby ground at full time today I thought there was no hope. That was until your post. But then you've said there's nothing we can do. What now @BS3_RED, what now? 

3 hours ago, BS3_RED said:

So I am an idiot because 

A- I dare challenge LJ?

or 

B- I dare challenge SL?

So you think that LJ is doing a brilliant job then. Well if you think that then there is only one idiot and it is not me. 

I agree that my views on AG are subjective but I for one have always viewed the move to Bristol City Holdings and the recent inclusion of Bristol Rugby as a bad thing. 

An idiotdoltdullard or (archaically) mome is a person perceived to be lacking intelligence, or someone who acts in a self-defeating or significantly counterproductive way. Along with the similar terms moronimbecile, and cretin, the word archaically referred to the intellectually disabled, but have all since gained specialized meanings in modern times. An idiot is said to be idiotic, and to suffer from idiocy.

5 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Why?

Currently we aren't good enough, and signs are we aren't going to significantly improve.

Only hope for me is bringing in a manager who knows how to set up a team to go out with a positive attitude and try and win a game of football.

This isn't happening, and quite frankly at the start of the season we were less than impressive and riding our luck (with the exception of Fulham).

I agree currently we are in a bad run of form but football is about confidence and I trust once we get a couple of wins under our belts this will change.

To say our only hope is to sack the manager is quite ridiculous. We can also hope that if we keep him he get enough points to keep him up.

46 minutes ago, GJS said:

We will not be in league one next season.

Do you know what, I was adamant about that until two weeks ago. Right now I cant see any other than at best a succesful relegation fight. 

His contract extension would only mean if anyone comes in for him they need to pay us more money, as for Lee in his contract there would be a agreement of a set payoff if we should ever part ways - so it would probably not having bearing on that anyway - I suspect as others have mentioned it was more of a marker to any grumblings by some more senior players... the club back him, so beware...

4 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

You thaught that wasn't bad??..

I admire your positivity.

Terrible,slow negative football.we made a very average league one side look ok..For the first time I'm angry.****in fuming.

Erm, they are the in-form side in L1. Haven't lost since Nov 12th. We by contrast haven't won since December 3rd.

I was just glad we didn't f- up again. Plenty to build on.

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Erm, they are the in-form side in L1. Haven't lost since Nov 12th. We by contrast haven't won since December 3rd.

I was just glad we didn't f- up again. Plenty to build on.

You were happy with today's football?..

You can put any angle on it you like,and be backed up by your own misplaced positivity,and a few happy souls who know no better,but we are heading one way only...spin that..are you mark Ashton??

11 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

You were happy with today's football?..

You can put any angle on it you like,and be backed up by your own misplaced positivity,and a few happy souls who know no better,but we are heading one way only...spin that..are you mark Ashton??

No, like you I thought the build-up play was far too slow and we squandered what chances we had. However, there were some signs of promise. 

5 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

What is pathetic is calling anyone who is able to identify any sort of positive a "happy clapper". Such a tired and overused phrase.

No one is overjoyed with a 0-0 draw with Fleetwood but that doesn't mean there isn't anything positive to say. I have much more of a problem with those who seem to revel in our struggles far more than they do any success.

Indeed. People have every right to criticise - and there've certainly been no shortage of reasons to do so in recent weeks - but it really comes to something when fans criticise other fans for the apparent crime of supporting the team...

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

Indeed. People have every right to criticise - and there've certainly been no shortage of reasons to do so in recent weeks - but it really comes to something when fans criticise other fans for the apparent crime of supporting the team...

Likewise the other way around

I find it funny that a lot of people before the game were saying didn't care about result, that it was all about bedding the new players in, well I missed yesterday's game but it seems as if that is exactly what was done.You can't expect everything to click straight away all of the time, need to remember they have probably only had one or two training sessions with the boys, we didn't lose sounds as if there were some good pluses so let's move on to Cardiff now and all get behind the team.Remember Cardiff is where are bad run pretty much started so let's end it against them this week

8 minutes ago, stokes7 said:

I find it funny that a lot of people before the game were saying didn't care about result, that it was all about bedding the new players in, well I missed yesterday's game but it seems as if that is exactly what was done.You can't expect everything to click straight away all of the time, need to remember they have probably only had one or two training sessions with the boys, we didn't lose sounds as if there were some good pluses so let's move on to Cardiff now and all get behind the team.Remember Cardiff is where are bad run pretty much started so let's end it against them this week

Bored of 'bedding in', bored of 'projects' and bored of 'ones for the future'.  Especially bored of 'gelling'

how about we just win a game?

16 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Bored of 'bedding in', bored of 'projects' and bored of 'ones for the future'.  Especially bored of 'gelling'

how about we just win a game?

This.

My worry now would be this, if results do not change how many weeks/games does Lee now get because its a new team , with new player etc. If Lee is in charge then I hope he turns it around (cos at the end of the day its my and our club and we dont want to be in L1 next year) but if results do not turn around we could already be seriously in the shit before we then make a change, which no doubt would be a panic signing or accepting relegation and another rebuild. . 

Archived