IGNORED

Is LJ the real deal ?

coxyboy

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Every manager has different characteristics. Just because SC shouted instruction...it doesn't mean it's right or wrong...every manager is different.

He also shouted Instructions when he stuck us in the relegation zone, and had a hissy fit in nearly every interview...doesn't make it right or wrong...each to their own.

When watching managers...in general, they only tell players what to do, when the players aren't carrying out what's been asked of them or there is a tactical change.

And it's pretty much the players adjacent the touchline that can hear Instruction anyway.

I was sat by home bench for the Blackburn game Spud and I can assure you LJ was giving Adam Matthews more than instructions regarding a tactical change !!!!! ;)

There was a injury / 'drinks break' just after and I was chuckling because AM obviously wanted a drink but didn't want to come over to the benches side of the pitch !!!

:dancer2:

11 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I was sat by home bench for the Blackburn game Spud and I can assure you LJ was giving Adam Matthews more than instructions regarding a tactical change !!!!! ;)

There was a injury / 'drinks break' just after and I was chuckling because AM obviously wanted a drink but didn't want to come over to the benches side of the pitch !!!

:dancer2:

Maybe he should do what Bryan does, and stick a bottle just off the touchline near the Dolman ;-)

10 hours ago, coxyboy said:

I normally sit in the Dolman but fancied the new stand. Lovely seat 10 rows directly behind home bench. Wow I learned a lot.

Now I want Lee and my team to be a success but does he talk the talk but not really walk the walk. We hear so much about a tight group and the way he wants to play. I watched him a lot Saturday and his body language is poor. Moaned and pulled negative faces every time players made mistakes. Clear as day him and Tomlin don't get on. Never llencouraged his players, no instructing his players and for large parts just stood motionless. The complete opposite to other manager. I know he's under pressure but is this normal? I saw him very much in a different light. To me he looks totally out his depth. 

Of course the players have to take responsibility but he is the leader , he needs to inspire from the side and to me he's not doing that. Just my opinion of course

Sure you was not looking at fleetwod manager 

22 hours ago, RedM said:

Agreed. Surely all the game plans, tactics etc are worked on throughly in with week. Players should be drilled to know who to mark and what to expect (Southgate for example puts photos of the opposition player and some brief stats, age, playing foot, height, above the players peg in the dressing room at Wembley).

If the players aren't working to the plan, or if the opposition have set up differently or unexpected then the manager might need to yell out instructions. I've seen notes passed by our bench to substitutes this season for example, as well as obvious verbal instructions.

Holloway is a showman, looks like he's doing a lot but isn't, there's always a few of them most workplaces. Didn't they do a documentary on him once where they wired him to a heart monitor, I think the doctors told him to calm down or he would kill himself. 

For this saturday's match, he could start by putting pictures of the Cardiff squad above our lads pegs

clown.jpg

27 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

His managerial record with us? 39% win rate even with this horrendous recent run, compare that to previous managers at this level... it doesn't look so bad and there is obvious scope for improvement.

Just need to snap this run and quick

Win rate almost identical to Rowett, who our fans cream over, even after the horrible run we've had. 

Archived