IGNORED

Their numbers' up.....

glastonred

Just now, Dollymarie said:

I wasn't even born yet :P 

Ugh - bloody youngsters.....

I don't even remember the 78 World Cup either, pointless really! I do remember 82 in all it's full glory though. Cracking tournament, England going out early (ish) after looking decent in the group stage. Sun shining, jumpers for goalposts, etc etc

1 hour ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

1409049069757_Image_galleryImage_Argentina_s_Diego_Maradon.JPG

Ossie and Diego doing their stuff against the finest Brazil team not to win the world cup.

Fell in love with that Brazil team. Zico was always my favourite. That game against Italy in 82, what an absolute cracker of a game. Was gutted when they lost

38 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Fell in love with that Brazil team. Zico was always my favourite. That game against Italy in 82, what an absolute cracker of a game. Was gutted when they lost

Been a while since I watched the highlights of that game, but I recall some suicidal defending from Brazil.

Agree re Zico: the fact he stood out in a team containing Socrates, Eder and Falcao shows what a genius he was.

On 01/13/2017 at 18:34, One Team In Keynsham said:

Been a while since I watched the highlights of that game, but I recall some suicidal defending from Brazil.

Agree re Zico: the fact he stood out in a team containing Socrates, Eder and Falcao shows what a genius he was.

It was Brazilian football at its best. Wonderful going forward, bang average if you got at them

So many great players, but Zico was the one I wanted to watch. Eder was a close second to him. That 82 squad is the closest I've seen to JJs promotion squad of 89-90, I can pay them no higher a compliment than that!

Archived