IGNORED

Football related human kindness

Dollymarie

A bitter/sweet tale of grief and of kind, sympathetic people. 

Im sure that if the same sad event had happened at any football ground he would have got the same support.

Despite the horrid things we hear and see on the news happening all over it's reassuring to know that there are decent people out there.

14 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

Really sad and feel for the family but am I the only one who has picked up on the fact that he got a TEXT telling him of his sons passing? 

10 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I also thought this was an unusual way to convey that sort of news about such a close relative.  

It is perhaps surprising but then maybe that family regularly communicate by text? Perhaps the person texting knew he was at the match and might therefore not hear his phone ringing and so a text was better.  Perhaps the text was simply "call me" and then he called and the news given...then the media report that as "got a text telling him his son had died"? Just...maybe it's not quite the way it's written.

9 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

It is perhaps surprising but then maybe that family regularly communicate by text? Perhaps the person texting knew he was at the match and might therefore not hear his phone ringing and so a text was better.  Perhaps the text was simply "call me" and then he called and the news given...then the media report that as "got a text telling him his son had died"? Just...maybe it's not quite the way it's written.

It says in the article that he had a text saying "he's gone..."

Anyway, however he found out the news it's still terrible and something that a parent should never have to go through. 

3 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

It says in the article that he had a text saying "he's gone..."

Ah so the texter played the pronoun game. How cryptic.

My other hypotheses still stand though. In particular the article says he got a call first, saying the lad was in hospital, but couldn't hear the call well - because of the crowd.  In that context a brief follow up text makes sense.

Anyway, I should stop analysing the method of the message. Very sad, I hope the family find peace soon.

Read this a couple of days ago and after the article read that he had been trolled with things like why was he a a football match when his son was dying and all sorts of other  nasty crap, there is a lot of good people in our society but some right pricks as well

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-fans-plan-banner-tribute-9612848

A Liverpool season ticket holder has arranged for a collection which has apparently now reached over £1000, surpassing the £150 target they originally had. The additional money will be going to Royal Surrey County hospital, where Daniel passed away.

They plan to unveil a banner in the 25th minute at Home Park during the replay - classy touch.

Archived