IGNORED

Payet

Esmond Million's Bung

The Bosman case addressed player's concern that the clubs had power to control players' destinies.

Now it has gone completely the other way. 

The money in the game is great were it not for the fact that as soon as the Tv money comes in, most of it goes straight out and into the pockets of players and agents.

Don't get me started on agents !:grr:

17 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Why? He signed a five year contract, love the fact they are saying he's not for sale. I'm sure they won't hold out for long but it would be great to see West Ham make him rot for the rest of his contract and make a real statement against the spoiled brats who sign long contracts then take the piss out of the fans by saying 'I don't want to play for this club anymore'...

Well don't play then, but don't assume you're going anywhere else! I'd love a club to say that, I'd love It! As Keegan would say!

This is why I'm rather fond of Flint.

He's not the best stopper in the league, no; we could probably do with a better one than Aden, yes; our defence certainly could be better; yes I suppose I do overlook his weaknesses; and he would undoubtedly sign for a bigger club offering more wages but ...... while he is here, I get the impression he loves playing for us and gives his all. This is something I really like to see - when it is geniune - and it still has some value in a physical team sport where attitude is not to be discounted. 

I was thinking a lot of this about Tomlin when he signed last summer - I just hope all is not lost with LT on this  

Ha ! Just heard he received a "LOYALTY" bonus in september of £1m ffs.

I would like tom see a rule brought in where every week you down tools , you lose 2 weeks money. He will go but there should be some way the 'owning' club gets the full value from the move, whether from player or agent, they would both be complicit .

Other than PSG and Lyon I'm not sure a French club could match his wages at West Ham(rumours of about 100k). Must be Chinese money causing this. Couldn't really see them selling to a prem club either. Weird situation but I hope West Ham stand firm on this for as long as possible. 

On 12/01/2017 at 20:39, Taz said:

I like this a lot. The overpriced Charlie's that play football for 90 minutes every 4 or 5 days (or in Daniel  Sturridges case every 4 or 5 months), have had too much power for far too long.

They're quite happy to sit out and collect their thousands a week whether they play or not, nobody has a gun to their heads when they sign the contract in the first place!! Why shouldn't they face the consequences and be made to pay the clubs in circumstances like this?

West Ham will say the usual stuff about playing and training with the reserves, but when it comes to it, as soon as someone slaps in a £20m+ bid, he'll be gone. Tottenham, Man Utd or Arsenal by the end of the window....

Harsh. Do you think Sturridge or any other professional for that matter enjoys being injured? 

On 12/01/2017 at 13:06, cityloyal473 said:

Never going to happen I know; but I would love to see West Ham make him sit out his contract. 

Would like to see West Ham make a case that they pay him for his services as a player, while he withholds his services from the club they shouldn't have to pay him. 

9 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

i'm sure you are correct, quotes attributed to various Liverpool managers reference Sturridge were all bollox, but strangely never challenged.

No Klopp said he needs to learn to play through pain if its not a serious injury. If a player is in pain he probably has a right to want to protect himself. If there was any serious concern that Sturridge was faking injuries I would imagine he'd be released from his contract.

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

No Klopp said he needs to learn to play through pain if its not a serious injury. If a player is in pain he probably has a right to want to protect himself. If there was any serious concern that Sturridge was faking injuries I would imagine he'd be released from his contract.

I doubt that. Football is all about money. They would want a return for getting rid of him. Only way to do that is by selling him, not releasing him, even if the rumors were true. 

I am very interested to know and understand how the **** a player who signed a new 4 year deal less than a year ago, can refuse to play or train for his club but still get paid 125k per week, I wish I had a job like that.

He has withdrawn his labour why can't they just hold on to his registration and refuse to pay him, let the ******* PFA pay his wages FFS.

it seems the world and in particular football has officially gone mad.

Archived