IGNORED

Team V Cardiff City

Healeyred96

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

If we go 442, this has a lot going for it.

Looks great on paper (screen).

i wonder whether LJ may revert to 4231.  We all seem to think FF is fit so I'll play along.  And and that LF won't, unless he's signed a new contract.

Fielding;

Little, Flint, Wright, Golbourne

Hegeler, Brownhill

O'Dowda, Tomlin, Bryan

Abraham

I   really like this team  and think we will see a team similar to this. The only change I would make is Reid in the team for Bryan.   He seems to bring the best out of Tammy and is always   trying to get him that killer pass as early as possible.  

I think Brownhill and Hegeler will have to ensure that one stays back as from Hegeler's debt he enjoyed charging forward playing neat fast passing as does Brownhill.  

21 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

It's all opinions of course but after Fleetwood it sounded like LJ didn't think 3-5-2 was the future formation. I think he was matching fleetwood as we had 3 new signings playing and easier to sort for them on such short notice. Would be surprised to see Mags start as well as they've alluded to him playing quite a bit more than expected and he's only just come back to training midweek. 

I think @Davefevs may have it right with the 4-2-3-1 and have Djuric as an option for later in the game. Give Tammy and Djuric a bit more training time together first. We will see. Like I said it's not easy to pick a team anymore

It hasn't been easy all season!

If O'Neil is fit and ready, the god knows what I'd pick.

4 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

I   really like this team  and think we will see a team similar to this. The only change I would make is Reid in the team for Bryan.   He seems to bring the best out of Tammy and is always   trying to get him that killer pass as early as possible.  

I think Brownhill and Hegeler will have to ensure that one stays back as from Hegeler's debt he enjoyed charging forward playing neat fast passing as does Brownhill.  

Part of me would like to see a 4321 if we aren't going to play natural wide men, and allow Djuric a little more time to settle.  I'd then go (front 6):

Brownhill, Hegeler, Pack or O'Neil or Bryan (a properly fit and firing Korey would make be great)

Tomlin, Reid

Abraham

Everyone fit then I'd love to see Oniel and Hegeler together in MF.  I like the back 3 and I think JB suits the WB/WMF role Brownhill challenging Little for the spot on the other side. Then as we're home Tomlin behind Tammy and Duric with WB's making the width.

So , and I'd give ROD another go. Pack for Oneil if not fit.

ROD

Wright*Flint*Mag's

Brownhill*Hegeler*Oneil*Bryan

Tomlin

Duric*Tammy

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Part of me would like to see a 4321 if we aren't going to play natural wide men, and allow Djuric a little more time to settle.  I'd then go (front 6):

Brownhill, Hegeler, Pack or O'Neil or Bryan (a properly fit and firing Korey would make be great)

Tomlin, Reid

Abraham

I think it's a very difficult situation regarding Djuric,  it's important he spends time with Tammy to create a partnership but we only have one winger in O dowda and is still proving himself.

Tammy has been scoring of late but just defending as a team has let us down.  Then again if even Tammy and Djuric don't click for a while,  by having two in the box suddenly Tammy has a bit more space Tomlin Reid etc have two options rather then one.  

59 minutes ago, RedDave said:

IMG_2105.PNG

I like this team especially  attacking wise but would worry about how we would Be defending against teams with good wingers and over lapping fullbacks.  

6 hours ago, reddoh said:

why does group annoy you ? I have have spent many weeks trying to work it out but just must be too thick

Good question. I suppose my brain tends to hear it quite often when LJ talks and it strikes me as being one of those management type terms, the type you'd associate with David Brent. Listen in next time he talks, I'm sure every other word he says is group! Never seems to use team or squad or bunch. Just group. 

Of course, it could just be a completely irrational hatred of the word!

14 hours ago, phantom said:

To me Hegeler looked like he can run the middle of the park, wasted in a back three 

Its possible he could be just what were looking for centre mid,and we have others to sit in behind-not sure if he's played there for Berlin?

he will be in there at some point-has to be tried as looked class,but not so sure Lee will risk it v Cardiff..necks,blocks and all that!

11 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

It's all opinions of course but after Fleetwood it sounded like LJ didn't think 3-5-2 was the future formation. I think he was matching fleetwood as we had 3 new signings playing and easier to sort for them on such short notice. Would be surprised to see Mags start as well as they've alluded to him playing quite a bit more than expected and he's only just come back to training midweek. 

I think @Davefevs may have it right with the 4-2-3-1 and have Djuric as an option for later in the game. Give Tammy and Djuric a bit more training time together first. We will see. Like I said it's not easy to pick a team anymore. 

Starting to think he doesn't know what his favored formation is and no idea on his best first 11 is.

Like everyone I want the guy to succeed but another loss on Saturday and I seriously fear that he may lose a few more supporters.

Come on Lee give us 3 points (or its back to monopoly for you lad).

Wes Burns off the bench to win it..............LJ master stroke.

Personally I would like to see Brownhill as a right wing back. He performed that role out wide for Barnsley and in addition I thought he played well at right back earlier this season as a sub (can't remember the game). Little makes us very weak IMO. 

3.5.2 for me. Forget all this diamond stuff, we aren't a top flight team and lack the positional sense and movement at this level to make it effective:

Fielding

Wright  Flint  Mags

Brownhill  Hegeler  O'Neil  Bryan

Tomlin

Abraham    Djuric

1 minute ago, tinman85 said:

Personally I would like to see Brownhill as a right wing back. He performed that role out wide for Barnsley and in addition I thought he played well at right back earlier this season as a sub (can't remember the game). Little makes us very weak IMO. 

3.5.2 for me. Forget all this diamond stuff, we aren't a top flight team and lack the positional sense and movement at this level to make it effective:

Fielding

Wright  Flint  Mags

Brownhill  Hegeler  O'Neil  Bryan

Tomlin

Abraham    Djuric

On paper that is a very strong team, if we could get someone like Darikwa in at right wing back and a new goalkeeper I would be delighted

Archived