IGNORED

He will never turn it around.

Benjam!n Ultra

I can only pray that SL sees what the majority of us have seen for weeks. 

I'm usually a bit of a critic of SL but feel desperately sorry for him spending £15m to go back to L1. 

I acknowledge it's partly his fault in blindly following the Johnson dream but he really invested in it only to be served up this shite week after week. 

Very expensive to sack a manager who has a new 4 year contract though.

On the otherhand, is it fair on the players, the fans and the manager himself to keep him when he does seem to be out of his depth

Seems to be saying the same thing at every post match press conference and seems somwhat devoid of ideas or tactics.

How many more transfer windows does he need? Has the dressing room been lost? Do the players understand what he is asking them to do?

To me, he seems to be a carbon copy of his Dad, but lacking the experience his Dad had.

If he doesn't go in the morning, then it is now only a matter of time.  just a question of whether it will be in time to save us from relegation.

I've said all along that I don't like chopping and changing managers, but now can't see any light at the end of the tunnel.

21 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Do the players understand what he is asking them to do?

This.  I think LJ is over complicating it.  The players have an app which they are required to use.  This details tactics for upcoming games. He switches the formation in game too many times. Its reactive to the opposition rather us being on the front foot.

He has said in previous interviews that they have had to change formations in game 5 or 6 times in one half!!.  Its any wonder why the players dont know if they are coming or going. 

In LJ's attempt to be organised we just look thoroughly disorganised.

Stevo

3 minutes ago, WayOutWest said:

This.  I think LJ is over complicating it.  The players have an app which they are required to use.  This details tactics for upcoming games. He switches the formation in game too many times. Its reactive to the opposition rather us being on the front foot.

He has said in previous interviews that they have had to change formations in game 5 or 6 times in one half!!.  Its any wonder why the players dont know if they are coming or going. 

Stevo

Spot on - nail, hit on head.

For those of us who have watched the head-to-heads we will all know the players aren't that intelligent! How on earth they understand numerous tactical changes in one game when they aren't bright is beyond me! 

What's even worse is that they are then asked to do something different again the following match!

Back to basics and a simple plan required from my point of view.

32 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

As you ask the q's Wendy here's my answers

Tough SL - Should never have been offered that length of contract with a very questionable CV - Shocking

On the otherhand, is it fair on the players, the fans and the manager himself to keep him when he does seem to be out of his depth

No

Seems to be saying the same thing at every post match press conference and seems somwhat devoid of ideas or tactics.

Yes - struggling to even bull**** anymore 

How many more transfer windows does he need? God knows - probably Claim 'another three '

Has the dressing room been lost? Yes

Do the players understand what he is asking them to do? No, and if they do , they don't believe in him or his tactics

8 minutes ago, WayOutWest said:

Stevo

Set up how he wants us to play,and let the other team deal with it,simple.

2 minutes ago, Derek from Nailsea said:

He said he won't quit post match today as individual errors and playing ourselves in to trouble at crucial times in the game are costing us.

Hegeler was scratching his head as to how we lost he also quoted.

After all still losing by the only goal & worryingly today equalled our Club record defeats.

if he had an ounce of respect for the club he would walk. far to up his own backside, come on sl **** him off out.

56 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

As expensive as building a new stadium; as expensive as spending £2m, realising £14m and reinvesting that for a net £nil, as expensive as realising nearly £8m - give or take without research - for a player bought for peanuts from Plymouth. 

Not being funny but SL has sacked plenty of managers and has sunk more millions than we could dream of in to this club, and he has many more millions left... the 4 year contract paying up to him would be like us losing £20. I really don't get the hang up about it. He's effectively given an extra 52 weeks salary; unless he inserted a notice period which people love to presume not. 

It was clearly a renewal aimed at the dressing room. Heck it might not have increased LJ's severance even one penny. But we love to assume it did. And if it did, well that's probably 3 more charters on SL's private jet this year to pay it back. Oh the horror. 

Archived