IGNORED

Pemberton until the end of the season

petehinton

4 minutes ago, keflav said:

I like pemberton but this would be a ridiculous decision. Johnson needs to go and a new manager with all new coaching staff needs to come in asap only way it's gonna change....

The same Pemberton who changed our formation, made us hard to break down and led us to beating Boro and Charlton, and signed Tomlin? 

21 minutes ago, petehinton said:

The same Pemberton who changed our formation, made us hard to break down and led us to beating Boro and Charlton, and signed Tomlin? 

It's a tough one for sure because that's exactly what we need to do right now,get back to basics. Is he the right man to do it again,I really don't know,so frustrating 

Experience is needed. Mark Ashton is doing a poor job if he's got no management succession plans in place. Although it would be par for the course at City. Not much point assembling a Championship squad and leaving a rookie who is sinking  fast to manage them. Over to you Mr Ashton. Time to earn your crust with the biggest recruitment challenge of them all. 

16 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I don't think Pembo gets the credit he deserves for our survival and this is what we need right now.

Quite frankly fed up of hearing the words possession, progressive coach, attention to detail etc and all the science bollox we have in football these days. We even had to read that Lee had changed the time of his training sessions because of the early kick off - what a genius.

We have got the players and the 3 new signings all look quality to me.  With a decent keeper (hopefully we'll sign one immenantley) and Tomlin playing we have got more than enough to stay up.

Lee has an admirable theory of how football should be played but is unable to transfer these theories in to winning games and for good reasons is a dead man walking.

I would be more than happy with Pembo taking over and as you say - make us hard to break down and set us up a unit. We can build on from there, I don't think Lee is capable of this.

On positive note - we must remember that we have a good squad and it is not like seasons gone by where we have needed a total clear out.

Thanks Lee, sorry it has not worked out - but time to move on, arise John Pemberton.

Archived