IGNORED

The New Boys

Coppello

6 minutes ago, Coppello said:

I wasn't able to make it today. Can anyone bring me some positive news and let us know how the new lads got on?

Jens is a class above, Bailey looks strong, Djuric not sure. He is excellent out of the box. Inside he could have put himself about a bit more I felt. Admittedly not much service. 

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Jens is a class above, Bailey looks strong, Djuric not sure. He is excellent out of the box. Inside he could have put himself about a bit more I felt. Admittedly not much service. 

2 assists though and the only one of the 3 I thought who wasn't playing in the wrong position..

Djuric puts himself about and gave all their CBs something to think about. Quite sure he assisted both goals. He isn't flashy and doesn't look like he's doing much but he's a clever player. 

Wright I thought was fantastic. Actually tries to get in front of attackers when they are receiving the ball. One of the few today that played hard and wasn't afraid to go through a player. Need more Wrights. 

Hegeler on the ball is very good. Funnily enough he looks like Ayling dribbling out of a back 3. Sadly though, he's not a centre half for the championship. Too weak and soft. Time and time again he'd let their striker play the ball just standing behind him. Needs to be pushed further up where his quality will show better. 

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

2 assists though and the only one of the 3 I thought who wasn't playing in the wrong position..

Yeah as I was typing I thought it was his presence that lead to Tammy's, and was oblivious to his setting up joe  

I'm sure I'm doing him a disservice. I think I look at him and think he doesn't look or feel 'dangerous'. He was doing everything else right. Perhaps I just need to see some more footwork for him to excite me. 

I think I'm also being harsh because I'm so impressed by Jens and Bailey stood out a few times for very strong and assertive defending. Oh for someone with that attitude in the middle :bruce_h4h:

Djuric won almost everything. Jobs for the boys substitution to bring Wilbraham on instead. 

Hegeler clearly wasted at CB. 

Wright was solid. 

Desperately need a new GK. Hopefully this german lad is coming in. 

I really feel Fielding couldve claimed the cross for the 2nd and couldve saved the 3rd too. 

I pretty much agree with all of the above as I think the three new players each have something different to offer. Tammy has time to play again because Djuric is taking some of the knocks.

What I don't get is why everyone on Radio Bristol seems to have it in for Mark Ashton (again). At least three callers after the match blamed LJ and Mark Ashton.

Surely it's Ashton's efforts that brought us these new players?

13 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

All three signings did well and will def improve the side.

Djuric won loads of headers in a physical battle with Sol Bamba. 

Wright was outstanding and physically is so strong.

Hegler loves raking forward and for me would def slot into midfield. An absolute steal for €300k

Hegler was a steal for that it has to be said

1 minute ago, Xiled said:

I pretty much agree with all of the above as I think the three new players each have something different to offer. Tammy has time to play again because Djuric is taking some of the knocks.

What I don't get is why everyone on Radio Bristol seems to have it in for Mark Ashton (again). At least three callers after the match blamed LJ and Mark Ashton.

It's like blaming the scouts. He just does the deals when someone says get a player. I like the way he does business. I firmly believe this is a top 10-12 squad but someone isn't getting the most out of them. 

15 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Djuric won almost everything. Jobs for the boys substitution to bring Wilbraham on instead. 

Wright was solid. 

I really feel Fielding couldve claimed the cross for the 2nd and couldve saved the 3rd too. 

totally agree - Djuric made the 2 goals with excellent knockdowns.

Wright looked solid, no more.

Hegler faded for me and should have been pushed into a DMF position at 2-1 to stiffen MF

totally ******* stupid substitution to take off the bloke who was really getting into the game more and more, and not tighten up a young and tired MF.

also perhaps remind Little that he needs to defend.

and god yes, we need a better keeper - which we wouldnt have said last year, but now Fielding looks lost at sea and should have definately done more on the cross and got closer to the 3rd goal.

20 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Mark Ashton is a very clever man and is very good with words (you wouldn't leave him alone with your wife) ha ha! Joking. MA is a very confident chap and is well knowledged in his given field, he pulled a blinder in getting in Jens. 

1 minute ago, Chairman Mao said:

Hegeler would be a perfect CDM

Wright is best in a back 4, not 3

Djuric looked a handful.

New Keeper, Goldbourne, Mags, Wright/Flint, New Right Back, Bryan, Hegeler, Brownhill/O'Neil, O'Dowda, Tomlin/Reid, Abraham/Djuric probably are best team imo. 

Brownhill is good for 70/75 minutes and then goes missing! GoN would be the perfect man to play the game out with. 

24 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Wright was solid. 

Disagree. Need a new GK but there is no way Fielding could've stopped those goals.

Harsh to pick out Frankie i know as we are letting so many free crosses into the box. 

A 5ft 6 winger has beaten all our giants to the 2nd so bad defending all round. However you cant underestimate the confidence a dominant gk can give a defence and thats defo what we are missing. 

Thought all three have been pretty  averages far to be honest, and certainly haven't made an instant impact like Johnson said the would. Is wright better than hordour debatable? German lad to be fair to him has been playing out of position so harsh to judge him but don't see him being head and shoulders above O'Neil, and same with Duric don't think his going to be prolific which is what we a desperate for. 

1 minute ago, Johnr1986 said:

Thought all three have been pretty  averages far to be honest, and certainly haven't made an instant impact like Johnson said the would. Is wright better than hordour debatable? German lad to be fair to him has been playing out of position so harsh to judge him but don't see him being head and shoulders above O'Neil, and same with Duric don't think his going to be prolific which is what we a desperate for. 

Hegeler has been excellent driving forwards so far, and Djuric's role is to disrupt the opposition defence to create space for Tammy. He got 2 assists today by doing just that. 

Archived