IGNORED

Rowett

Ashtonwurzel

With the players we have i think any manager could get us some results. 

For all SL's worth, and for all the transfer money spent, the one thing he hasnt bought us is the expensive experienced manager to use the funds correctly. 

Come on SL, ask yer mate to sling his hook, get Rowett on the phone and offer him some cash to bolster that shower of sh1te. 

10 minutes ago, bris red said:

Offer him what he wants ££ wise and we will get him IMO. What a ******* shambles though letting that doughnut go out and spend money in the January transfer window, when will we learn as a Football Club? 

Hard to disagree fella. 

1 hour ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Was on the verge of taking over at Forest until late last night. Got Brum in the top six on a small budget and with average players, is young and would probably be happy to join the project.

Sad to say after today Would give him the opportunity now in a heartbeat...and Steve,I don't think he would cost you too much-what with two ex managers on our payroll I think you should give due consideration.

and please,don't ponder too long,this one won't be gathering dust.

11 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

No I wouldn't be... Besides Rowett stock is high and he'll be off to a Norwich or lower league PL team. Money over rep? I think not and this club hurts reputations

I think lots of managers would take the job. Billionaire owner who does back his managers with signings, nice stadium and a relatively decent squad of players.

i think rowett would take the job, but with Norwich losing at Rotherham, and I'm sure more sackings before the end of the season rowett will not be on the market for long. 

That said for some reason I just don't think landsdown is going to act. I actually think he'll wait till the end of January and then appoint someone in the ilk of SO'D and we will be relegated.

i went to the rugby last night and the thought of playing in front of 13k people next season is truly depressing. But I really think that is where we'll be if we persist with LJ

2 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Why would he come to city. Seems no decent or very experienced manager would ever be interested. Would love to be proved wrong. I think SL will give him 3 more games. 3 too long.

Glass half empty. 

Money, decent squad and stadium with decent support. 

We're not the most impatient fans either so it's a decent job compared to many. 

2 hours ago, bris red said:

What a ******* shambles though letting that doughnut go out and spend money in the January transfer window, when will we learn as a Football Club? 

Not so sure.  The players bought in do make us a stronger team.  I actually don't mind if LJ is not really involved in the signing of players.  A good player is a good player.  If I were Mark Ashton, I would be putting enormous pressure on LJ.

He can turn round to LJ and say I have signed you decent/good/better; players than we had last year.  Its down to you to make it work.

Mark Ashton will be here long after LJ is gone.  If he continues to bring in those types of players, I am all for bypassing the manager in transfer dealings.

LJ needs to concentrate on getting us playing again.  Not on the phone wheeling and dealing. 

Stevo

Archived