IGNORED

Taxi for Lansdown and Ashton

WessexPest

9 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Steve Lansdown has the Club at heart like most of us City fans but instead of all these cheap options an mr nice guys employ a nasty outspokenmanager that can actually do the job will be cheaper in the long run

Cotterill wasn't a 'nice guy' and supposedly nor was SoD (In terms of SL saying he had a spiky personality)...

20 hours ago, Pezo said:

Can you explain that for me because by my reckoning we have 4 managers since Oct 2011, 6 since 2010 (including Mr cop-out) or 7 in the last 12 years.

GJ - 2005

SC - 2010 I wouldn't normally add but I thought I would be generous.

KM - 2010

DM - 2011

SOD - 2013

SC - 2013

LJ - 2016

Fine, six in seven years. Just because Coppell didn't stick around for more than five minutes doesn't mean you can't count him - in fact that fiasco should've set alarm bells ringing.

Since we're in the game of blaming people who have nothing to do with the team for the failures of the team on the pitch, I'm going to counter the OP's post by suggesting it's all Downsy's fault.

His relentless inane "radio local" style banter must be as galling to the players as it is to us. Little wonder they lose the will to live when they realise with 15 minutes to play that they'll have to hear that voice again at full-time!

And he's so clueless about the game! "Are you going to read the half-time scores, Tim?" at 12:45!!!! :facepalm:

No it's taxi for Downsy and time we replaced him with a PA operative with Championship experience. 

On 14/01/2017 at 16:50, AzerbaijanApeman said:

The manager is merely a sideshow as far as I'm concerned - as long as the current regime is in place we will continue to round in circles.

Lansdown may not be short on a few quid but it takes more than that to run a football club competently, and he completely clueless. He's burned through managers like nobody's business - when it keeps ending in failure you need to look up the chain to see where the buck truly stops.

I'll get a lot of stick for this post, but I don't care one iota - I want BCFC to succeed and under SL I see us stuck in a yo-yoing rut at best.

"Alright then, AA - who have you got in mind to replace him?"

I don't know the answer to that question but look at the Scum - they were dissatisfied with Higgs and eventually someone came in; they seem happy with Al-Qadi even though he had no obvious connection with the club. City are a more tempting proposition than the Gas. I don't care if we are taken over by someone who has scrumpy running through his veins, I just want someone who can properly run our club.

By all means sack LJ - he's been found wanting at this level, but -oh! - where did we hear that before? Precisely a year ago.

Unforgivable. Lansdown - off you toddle and take Mark Ashton with you.

this post is unreal and unless the op can put his money where his mouth is ,he should shut up or as the Germans say off ger fucken.

On 1/15/2017 at 15:29, Red-Robbo said:

Since we're in the game of blaming people who have nothing to do with the team for the failures of the team on the pitch, I'm going to counter the OP's post by suggesting it's all Downsy's fault.

His relentless inane "radio local" style banter must be as galling to the players as it is to us. Little wonder they lose the will to live when they realise with 15 minutes to play that they'll have to hear that voice again at full-time!

And he's so clueless about the game! "Are you going to read the half-time scores, Tim?" at 12:45!!!! :facepalm:

No it's taxi for Downsy and time we replaced him with a PA operative with Championship experience. 

Who hired this incompetent manager? And the one before that, and the one before that?

Lansdown - you are incapable of running a football club. Go now and take shortstack with you.

1 minute ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I share your feelings but careful what u wish for...

What frustrates me is the sudden Teflon quality he has acquired. 

I don't want him to go but the clubs failings on the football field  (and we have dramatically failed given the huge huge resources we have) seem to always be somebody else's fault.

Is he or is he not in charge of this shambolic mess?

The richest English man in sport and we have won the league trophy and promoted from div 3 twice.

Twice!!!!!

5 minutes ago, 054123 said:

What frustrates me is the sudden Teflon quality he has acquired. 

I don't want him to go but the clubs failings on the football field  (and we have dramatically failed given the huge huge resources we have) seem to always be somebody else's fault.

Is he or is he not in charge of this shambolic mess?

The richest English man in sport and we have won the league trophy and promoted from div 3 twice.

Twice!!!!!

Can't disagree mate. 

On 14/01/2017 at 16:53, CotswoldRed said:

Can you suggest who would put the community first and pump loads of cash in without wanting it back?

Answers on a postcard. 

This argument goes on and on Cots and I'm afraid it's only partially relevant. Lansdown is a true benefactor I'd agree, but he either has appalling luck or appalling judgement. Personally I think he's admirably proved the latter. I'm sick of him and everyone who's happy to accept his inability to move this club forward. His wasted money is entirely his own fault. No sympathy and low expectations from me until he hands over the reins and either funds the club and hands control to someone who knows what they're doing or sells up.

On 14/01/2017 at 16:56, Mr Hankey said:

Dont think Lansdown or Ashton are to blame for any of this. Lansdown has pumped the most he ever has in to transfers this season and i think we will all agree that the players signed all excited us.

Just a shame that Lee Johnson and his mate Holden are a pair of feckless frauds.

Since Holden has come in our results have been impeccable I must say. Not.

The whole coaching staff set up needs to be looked at in my opinion as not up to scratch.

Pembo for his straight talking and results as Caretaker but the rest are nothing to shout about.

League 1 or below in terms of coaching acumen.

10 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Yeah and your tens of millions of pounds worth of investment. And I really miss the stench of piss.

To be fair net spending on players since the Summer is negligible as Kodjia & Bolasie sell on fee makes up for that easily so we haven't actually spent much at all.

Ayling going for a pittance wasn't great either and I said it was short sighted at the time.

12 minutes ago, reddoc said:

This argument goes on and on Cots and I'm afraid it's only partially relevant. Lansdown is a true benefactor I'd agree, but he either has appalling luck or appalling judgement. Personally I think he's admirably proved the latter. I'm sick of him and everyone who's happy to accept his inability to move this club forward. His wasted money is entirely his own fault. No sympathy and low expectations from me until he hands over the reins and either funds the club and hands control to someone who knows what they're doing or sells up.

So relieved to hear you've got a replacement City-supporting billionaire buyer with superior management recruitment skills lined up. So come on, who is it??

5 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

So relieved to hear you've got a replacement City-supporting billionaire buyer with superior management recruitment skills lined up. So come on, who is it??

Two questions for you. Why does it need to be City supporting? Why does it need to be a billionaire? You're blinded by the $$$$ mate.

On 14/01/2017 at 19:20, Chairman Mao said:

What is wrong with Ashton, he's been bloody brilliant, completely transformed the squad in 2014 and again in 2016. The business he has done this Jan is also excellent. 

Sorry, what? Our team is abysmal. We all got excited last week because they finally put in a shift for 45 minutes. How in any way, shape or form are these players excellent?

16 hours ago, AzerbaijanApeman said:

Who hired this incompetent manager? And the one before that, and the one before that?

Lansdown - you are incapable of running a football club. Go now and take shortstack with you.

There's a simple solution, AA. Put in £100m of your own money to buy him out, make sure you have at least £15m a year afterwards to cover running losses and use your massive knowledge of 'competent' managers to pick your next appointee. 

Voila! 

Every moment Lansdown fiddles while our club burns adds weight to the argument that he is not fit for the job.

His job is to act in the best interests of BCFC; keeping Lee Johnson as manager is not doing his job because we are doomed with him in charge.

Steve - if you're reading this, check your colossal ego, step aside and let someone come in who can take this club forward rather than back to where they were three years ago.

3 minutes ago, Cardy said:

What a ridiculous thread. The problem is the manager not the owner. The owner loves this club as much as the rest of us and has single handedly kept this club going over the last 10 years.

The manager that was hand-picked by the owner. The manager that is patently not up to snuff, should probably have been sent packing six weeks ago, and that the owner continues to show terrible judgement in backing. The manager that has us in an almost identical position from 12 months ago as the previous manager picked by the owner, who made a series of failed appointments prior to that.

Whether Steve loves the club or not is neither here nor there, that is not a qualification for being able to competently run a football club. I'm not ungrateful for his legacy, but what matters is what's happening now. He's taking City backwards. 

Archived