IGNORED

Poor show all round

Ivorguy

3 minutes ago, Olé said:

Love your posts mate but easier to attack the poster than the post?

Just because LJ played for us and is a nice guy, seems to get him some sort of bizarre immunity. Let's just be absolutely and totally clear. Regardless of selling Kodjia, we have spent five times what ANY other City manager has ever spent, in one season, and yet we have a manager who has done absolutely nothing in football as a manager, has an appalling record, and people are okay with him spending money and figuring it all out at some unspecified point in future.

I have done a lot in business and the idea of someone without experience or achievement being given the tools he has been given, to operate way above the level he has earned, and doing a consistently terrible job, and no one saying anything or doing anything, is laughable. I've tried every possible answer and the only logical conclusion is that the owner (who has earned the right to do what he likes) has got the puppet he wanted. No other reasonable answer to this.

Not sure our owner envisaged his puppet trying to sink the ship. It hasn't worked with LJ. It might work next time!!

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

Love your posts mate but easier to attack the poster than the post?

Just because LJ played for us and is a nice guy, seems to get him some sort of bizarre immunity. Let's just be absolutely and totally clear. Regardless of selling Kodjia, we have spent five times what ANY other City manager has ever spent, in one season, and yet we have a manager who has done absolutely nothing in football as a manager, has an appalling record, and people are okay with him spending money and figuring it all out at some unspecified point in future.

I have done a lot in business and the idea of someone without experience or achievement being given the tools he has been given, to operate way above the level he has earned, and doing a consistently terrible job, and no one saying anything or doing anything, is laughable. I've tried every possible answer and the only logical conclusion is that the owner (who has earned the right to do what he likes) has got the puppet he wanted. No other reasonable answer to this.

Mate...whilst I respect your posts, and acknowledge LJ isn't perfect, when are you going to acknowledge that some of the players are responsible too. Today we were 2-1 up and playing well...then boom...individual errors...not tactical errors cost us.

The players LJ has brought in are either good...Wright, Hegeler, Magners, Tammy, Duric, Tomlin.

Injured...Matthews GoN.

Or for the near future...Moore, Odowda, Brownhill, Diego.

The only one's who imo are indifferent or have a question mark over are Patterson and Engval...Golbourne was purely cover.

The players who have are inconsistent on a regular basis are FF, Little, Bryan, Reid, Freeman, Smith and maybe Pack. All of these bar Smith when playing well, are 'squad quality footballers at this level.

We need 5 players of the quality of the first 6 I mentioned to do a lot better imo.

31 minutes ago, spudski said:

Injuries and players not 100% fit....that's why he's playing with what we had out today.

GoN, Matthews, Smith, Magners....they'd all be playing if fit imo.

I'm challenging you to pick a different formation with the starting eleven today.  I'll start you off with one for free :P

FF

ML, AF, BW, JB

JB, JH, MP, CO

MD, TA

When I didn't see the Cluedo pieces on Twitter I assumed LJ was trying to trick Colin into thinking he was playing the same way as Fleetwod and then surprise him my line-up above.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I'm challenging you to pick a different formation with the starting eleven today.  I'll start you off with one for free :P

FF

ML, AF, BW, JB

JB, JH, MP, CO

MD, TA

When I didn't see the Cluedo pieces on Twitter I assumed LJ was trying to trick Colin into thinking he was playing the same way as Fleetwod and then surprise him my line-up above.

JB at LB...it ain't happening for him right now. Did you see how he got outmuscled for that second goal?

Both RB and LB positions are weak in yours. Look how Little and Brownhill got overpowered and knackered today?

We are really screwed at RB at the moment...it's a massive weakness...as is the LB position.

Our wide midfielders aren't much better either.

Looking at what was available, and who was fit...I would have picked the same team as LJ today.

If everyone was fit and healthy it would be totally different though.

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

Mate...whilst I respect your posts, and acknowledge LJ isn't perfect, when are you going to acknowledge that some of the players are responsible too. Today we were 2-1 up and playing well...then boom...individual errors...not tactical errors cost us.

The players LJ has brought in are either good...Wright, Hegeler, Magners, Tammy, Duric, Tomlin.

Injured...Matthews GoN.

Or for the near future...Moore, Odowda, Brownhill, Diego.

The only one's who imo are indifferent or have a question mark over are Patterson and Engval...Golbourne was purely cover.

The players who have are inconsistent on a regular basis are FF, Little, Bryan, Reid, Freeman, Smith and maybe Pack. All of these bar Smith when playing well, are 'squad quality footballers at this level.

We need 5 players of the quality of the first 6 I mentioned to do a lot better imo.

Still not convinced the squad needed such a radical overhaul tbh mate

Another 5 players and he will have signed 24 !!! (I accept some are definitely for development) 

We IMHO offloaded one of our better players for this level (LA)

You have criticised shifts put in by GON and have , correct me if I'm wrong , had a real pop at Matthews attitude / professionalism

He doesn't seem interested to me and I challenge you to say he's busting a gut !

A 'Miss' for me

You can add Tomlin to the 'miss' for me , certainly as it currently stands - he's not repaid his fee & wages IMHO

We didn't pay £3mil and top wages for him to be sat in the bench (Bet that thought runs thro SLs mind !) 

Bad attitude when unhappy and we should have known (As Matthews) what we were signing

Inthink our recruitment (In comparison to our 'project' , DNA , Right characters etc etc) is as muddled and confused as Lees selections and tactics

;)

12 minutes ago, spudski said:

JB at LB...it ain't happening for him right now. Did you see how he got outmuscled for that second goal?

Both RB and LB positions are weak in yours. Look how Little and Brownhill got overpowered and knackered today?

We are really screwed at RB at the moment...it's a massive weakness...as is the LB position.

Our wide midfielders aren't much better either.

Looking at what was available, and who was fit...I would have picked the same team as LJ today.

If everyone was fit and healthy it would be totally different though.

You might be right Spud, respect your thoughts....but I also wonder if Litts and and Joe might be better with conventional wide midfielders in front of them in a 442, rather than wide forwards in a 4231.  I haven't see the goal back again since watching it live....was Joe outmuscled or did he just not put a challenge in?

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Still not convinced the squad needed such a radical overhaul tbh mate

Another 5 players and he will have signed 24 !!! (I accept some are definitely for development) 

We IMHO offloaded one of our better players for this level (LA)

You have criticised shifts put in by GON and have , correct me if I'm wrong , had a real pop at Matthews attitude / professionalism

He doesn't seem interested to me and I challenge you to say he's busting a gut !

A 'Miss' for me

You can add Tomlin to the 'miss' for me , certainly as it currently stands - he's not repaid his fee & wages IMHO

We didn't pay £3mil and top wages for him to be sat in the bench (Bet that thought runs thro SLs mind !) 

Bad attitude when unhappy and we should have known (As Matthews) what we were signing

Inthink our recruitment (In comparison to our 'project' , DNA , Right characters etc etc) is as muddled and confused as Lees selections and tactics

;)

Ayling...he didn't fit with the plans at the time, as Pembo pointed out in an interview. Plus at the time he wasn't fully fit. Hindsight is a wonderful thing...Matthews on paper is a miles better player. However I have said his attitude looked poor...but in hindsight I think he's been playing within himself, to protect weak hamstrings. From what I've witnessed at the ground.

GoN WAS a good player, but he's lost a yard of pace...and been injured.

Tomlin...yes I agree...could have done better in all aspects of his game. But still a threat at this level with the right players around him.

Just now, Davefevs said:

You might be right Spud, respect your thoughts....but I also wonder if Litts and and Joe might be better with conventional wide midfielders in front of them in a 442, rather than wide forwards in a 4231.  I haven't see the goal back again since watching it live....was Joe outmuscled or did he just not put a challenge in?

Outmuscled and wrong side of the player.

For me...Bryan plays his best when in the CM. But tbh...his tactical awareness is poor as is Little's. Both need improving off the ball.

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

I will always respect your insight too mate, but repeatedly blaming players is such an easy out. There doesn't seem to be any circumstances where LJ, a manager who has spent more money than possibly every other City manager put together, is responsible for this shambles.

If it's the players continually making mistakes, why doesn't he change them? Oh wait, he does, every week. If it's the players continually making mistakes, why doesn't he sign some? Oh wait, he has, three more today. At what point is Lee Johnson actually accountable for anything?

Yes we were playing well to go 2-1 up, but I disagree we were playing well after going 2-1 up. It was the usual nonsense. A team that gets the ball in midfield and retreats, even with opponents out of position we absolutely refuse to break, we are a white flag waving football team.

Mark Little has had two shockers but he was actually MOM for 70 minutes. He's a wing back and ran at the opposition for all that time. Why are we suddenly retreating and passing it about at the back asking him to become a possession tippy tappy player he isn't? Same with Flint etc. 

At 2-1 up, how many times did we pass the ball around a flat line of players on or inside their own half, until we eventually hoofed it upfield or gave it away? It isn't individual errors if it happens every week regardless of the players. I've said it week in and week out. It can only be instructions.

Players make mistakes if you put them in positions to make mistakes. Lee Johnson has spent the past three months putting players in positions to make these mistakes. And he has been through enough players and signings to not hide behind any excuses about it being the team.

Love your insight always but I'm out of answers. How can there be another conclusion here? Cardiff were absolutely terrible. I bet on them at 2-1 up. I've seen it for weeks and weeks. By the way, most chances created in the league... false stat inflated by usual 25 yard punts. That's all we do.

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

Outmuscled and wrong side of the player.

For me...Bryan plays his best when in the CM. But tbh...his tactical awareness is poor as is Little's. Both need improving off the ball.

There is part of me that feels that Bryan's intelligence off the pitch is not matched on it, tactically, awareness-wise.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Not in a position to argue with much of the above, but I thought the players played with spirit today.  Didn't see anyone going through the motions.  They matched a big, physical side very well today.  Brownhill and O'Dowda, the likely lightweight got in as many challenges as anyone, but on the deck and aerially.

There were other problems, but not spirit imho.

Yeah.... managerial problems 

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

Ayling...he didn't fit with the plans at the time, as Pembo pointed out in an interview. Plus at the time he wasn't fully fit. Hindsight is a wonderful thing...Matthews on paper is a miles better player. However I have said his attitude looked poor...but in hindsight I think he's been playing within himself, to protect weak hamstrings. From what I've witnessed at the ground.

GoN WAS a good player, but he's lost a yard of pace...and been injured.

Tomlin...yes I agree...could have done better in all aspects of his game. But still a threat at this level with the right players around him.

Not hindsight Spud - said so then - thought LA was technically , ball at feet , one of the best in the squad and (with risks)  loved the impetus / momentum forward he brought (I always thought he'd be great wide right or even developed as a 10 !)

Matthews 'on paper' is about right IMHO mate - undoubted natural ability, but a history of doubts re desire & attitude 

Many will disagree , but personally , give me Ayling (Especially tweaked) every day of the week, knowing what I'm getting week in week out before a Matthews who may or may not perform

;)

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not hindsight Spud - said so then - thought he was technically , ball at feet , one of the best in the squad and (with risks) donI like the impetus forward he brought (I always thought he'd be great wide right or even developed as a 10 !)

Matthews 'on paper' is about right IMHO mate - undoubted natural ability, but a history of doubts re desire & attitude 

Many will disagree , but personally , give me Ayling (Especially tweaked) every day of the week, knowing what I'm getting week in week out before a Matthews who may or may not perform

;)

Did'nt Ayling leave because he did'nt get on with LJ?

Some of you don't know you're fcuking born! 

God help you if you'd been bought up supporting Accrington, Newport, or even Rovers..!

If it's getting too much for you after 10 games, I'd suggest you **** off and leave supporting the club to those of us who want to be here. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

God help you if you'd been bought up supporting Accrington, Newport, or even Rovers..!

If it's getting too much for you after 10 games, I'd suggest you **** off and leave supporting the club to those of us who want to be here. 

why dont you go support Rovers then Mr No ambition... TA Ta

Just now, 'keepuplino' said:

Moron?!? really... I would say your previous post borders on moronic.......

Whys that then..?

I don't actually know your post history. I just know that people I sit with regularly mock you and your posts. 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Bored of these responses, grow some balls and support BCFC as our club, not the shite that's served up by those in charge.

You'd be like the gas heads that knocked one out when getting promoted from the Conference.

Just now, RumRed said:

Bored of these responses, grow some balls and support BCFC as our club, not the shite that's served up by those in charge.

You'd be like the gas heads that knocked one out when getting promoted from the Conference.

I don't recall all these posts 10 games ago. 

Maybe ive seen enough managerial changes to realise it's not always the answer. 

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don't recall all these posts 10 games ago. 

Maybe ive seen enough managerial changes to realise it's not always the answer. 

If you're that bored you will find plenty from a few of us; even in our award winning season of being champs of Div 3 and the freight rover trophy or whatever it was.

'accepting mediocrity' should be our club f@@@ing motto.

and telling people to f@@@ off is just ******* rude.

1 minute ago, 'keepuplino' said:

You don't actually know my post history yet your personally mocking me, although its nice to know i get a mention :).........

No. The people I sit with regularly mock you and have done for a couple of years. 

I'm glad that gives you a sense of pride. 

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

If you're that bored you will find plenty from a few of us; even in our award winning season of being champs of Div 3 and the freight rover trophy or whatever it was.

'accepting mediocrity' should be our club f@@@ing motto.

I think you're supporting the wrong club mate, if you think our rightful place is anything more than that. 

Can I ask what your basis for mocking those achievements are..?

Or was that just (maybe, I don't know) an excuse not to actually bother going..?

Archived