IGNORED

John Pemberton the best option?

bcfcnick

If I was SL, I'd be tempted to remove LJ, put JP in charge 'temporarily while we assess the coaching/managerial options going forward', start to look at various candidates but do this slowly so as to give JP 5 or 6 games to show what he can do. If those games go well (which, personally, I believe they would given the situation when SC left), I'd then give JP the job to the end of the season. If that went well, no need to look elsewhere...... 

3 minutes ago, Sir Leigh of Somerset said:

If I was SL, I'd be tempted to remove LJ, put JP in charge 'temporarily while we assess the coaching/managerial options going forward', start to look at various candidates but do this slowly so as to give JP 5 or 6 games to show what he can do. If those games go well (which, personally, I believe they would given the situation when SC left), I'd then give JP the job to the end of the season. If that went well, no need to look elsewhere...... 

I think that's a fair prediction...because after the tough conversation with LJ it's the softest option...ruffles the fewest feathers...I think it precisely what we shouldn't be doing. We should apply the same exhaustive criteria for hiring a manager as apparently we do hiring new players. 

12 minutes ago, Sir Leigh of Somerset said:

I think that's a fair prediction...because after the tough conversation with LJ it's the softest option...ruffles the fewest feathers...I think it precisely what we shouldn'tbe doing. We should apply the same exhaustive criteria for hiring a manager as apparently we do hiring new players. 

Understand your point but, in reality, if LJ goes, won't JP be put in charge temporarily anyway? If so, we'll have started down my suggested route and everything is still flexible.....

44 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

LJ needs to go. Pemberton as a caretaker while we get in someone  experienced and relatively successful at this level seems fine. 

Unfortunately I think SL's general preference is for a"Yes man" (remember Cotterill was Dawe's contact & suggestion) so I do worry about Ashton suggesting someone from Europe who could be even more out of their depth than LJ in this situation.

I agree that Warnock isn't really an option...for all sorts of reasons...but in a world in which we are appointing a "chief coach" the appointment of a technically adept and managerially experienced head coach from Europe doesn't seem any more of a risk to me than recruiting players from other countries.

This is s tough league. It really sorts out who is up to the mark as a manager, much more than even the Premier League. Bringing in someone who knows that from the start and has managed to survive at this level seems less risky to me at least in the short term of staying up this season.

Whereas for the longer term project, someone like Wagner or Karanka (someone who was an assistant to a really top Ruropean manager) has its attractions I am sure.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

All this about holden should take some blame, and maybe pembo should take some blame if holden is etc. Nonsense. If they are choosing tactics and the way things are done then we have a head coach who isn't doing their job properly. Its Johnson who makes the decisions, no one else. They follow the orders. And if Johnson is using their knowledge to make decisions on line up, tactics etc. Then maybe just get someone in who knows what they're doing and not asking others what to do.

Do you really think that everything about the first team is down to LJ with no other input.....he might make the final decision but he couldn't do it all on his own 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Not sure but the decisions of what happens is down to Johnson. If he goes with any bad advice then that is Johnsons fault. When pembo took over from cotts he did things completely differently. Same would be the case now I reckon. 

If LJ goes get rid of em all

2 hours ago, Sir Leigh of Somerset said:

Yeah because that has ended up well in the past....

Archived