IGNORED

Back from the brink

Dastardly and Muttley

On 1/15/2017 at 10:57, Dr Balls said:

If you haven't seen the matches and the rank bad decisions, I am afraid you don't really know how terrible it has been. All the worst fears some on here had when he was appointed have been realised, while the warnings from Barnsley fans about LJ have turned out to be spot on.

He needs to go to a lower league club and properly prove himself by achieving something. Hopefully he won't turn us into that lower league team in the meantime!

Gotta laugh..

2 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

Gotta laugh..

Thanks so much for calling me out. Feeling particularly smart?Maybe you can laugh now, but I don't remember many at the time laughing much, especially when we fell into the relegation zone last season.

I am more than happy to have since been proved wrong, but then I would imagine so are all of the fans who were calling for LJ's head last season, who were the vast majority, and for all the good things that have happened this season, when you go back to the record books for our worst run of consecutive league defeats, unfortunately for LJ, it will still have his name against it.

I am happy for him. He didn't deserve the abuse he got last year, in fact no one should be abused as he was by some of our fans, but much of the football mid-season was worse than dire, and I think even he might admit that now. Maybe adversity has made a better manager of him. Perhaps...

Anyway I now just want a win on Saturday against Norwich to follow the performance against Man City & to get our league form back on track. And then we can all have a laugh!

COYR!!

2 hours ago, poland_exile said:

not sure why this thread has been dug up other than petty point scoring? We've had thousands of 'told you so' posts as it is and pretty much everyone has been very happy to join the queue and eat their slice of humble pie. Move along. 

Probably my fault, as I linked to it in the “12 months on” thread as an example of how LJ had achieved exactly what some people said he’d needed to in order to bring the fans back. I’d considered bringing it back as a separate post, but thought it might get used for point scoring.

A lot of people made comments that they doubtless regret. Let’s hope there’s not a post in twelve months time expressing ridicule at how optimistic we all are.

3 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Probably my fault, as I linked to it in the “12 months on” thread as an example of how LJ had achieved exactly what some people said he’d needed to in order to bring the fans back. I’d considered bringing it back as a separate post, but thought it might get used for point scoring.

A lot of people made comments that they doubtless regret. Let’s hope there’s not a post in twelve months time expressing ridicule at how optimistic we all are.

I'd love to take a look at your crystal ball Dastardly, the original post is quite something! 

10 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Thanks so much for calling me out. Feeling particularly smart?Maybe you can laugh now, but I don't remember many at the time laughing much, especially when we fell into the relegation zone last season.

I am more than happy to have since been proved wrong, but then I would imagine so are all of the fans who were calling for LJ's head last season, who were the vast majority, and for all the good things that have happened this season, when you go back to the record books for our worst run of consecutive league defeats, unfortunately for LJ, it will still have his name against it.

I am happy for him. He didn't deserve the abuse he got last year, in fact no one should be abused as he was by some of our fans, but much of the football mid-season was worse than dire, and I think even he might admit that now. Maybe adversity has made a better manager of him. Perhaps...

Anyway I now just want a win on Saturday against Norwich to follow the performance against Man City & to get our league form back on track. And then we can all have a laugh!

COYR!!

Nothing personal Dr ...yep I feelgood at the moment and I bet you do too!! Agreed we need to get back to our league form before the Circus came to town, starting with Norwich.

Just that I thought it was funny that you and others were suggesting then he should consider non- league to learn the ropes, and now according to the pundits he is the most sought after young manager in the country, all in less than 12 months, I wonder what the next 12 months will bring?:shifty:

It does prove one thing that for ever chopping and changing a coach is not the answer.

Archived