IGNORED

Terrace humour

Jerseybean

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

About 10 years ago, against a team that plays in blue and white stripes (I want to say Huddersfield)

Game was high scoring 3-3/4-3 something like that, but with the away side going ahead each time.

Every time they scored this bloody huge bloke would take off his top and swing it around his head- cue the entirety of Ashton Gate to start shouting "You fat bastard"

Hahaha thought I was the only one who found that so funny years later. We came back and drew 3-3 as well. The bloke was loving it!

Not quite terrace humour..

..remember an away day to Leyton Orient (back in late 80's, early 90's), 4 of us in a Ford Capri (classy..), car gave up in London nr Hangar Lane tube, so car left on a driveway for a fiver, on Central Lane all the way to Leyton. Lots of raucous singing and chanting, tube picking up more & more City the closer it got, just outside Leyton station a massively tall City fan reached up and accidentally punched down a fluorescent strip light from the carriage roof.

Upon arrival at Leyton the City fan merely turned to nearest commuter, a woman, and simply said 'excuse me love? would you mind looking after this for me?', handed her the strip light, stepped off & off went the train - cue much hilarity! Brilliant!!

Went to Notts County once to watch them play Bury. Bury were fighting relegation and we needed County to lose so we could go into the play-offs.

Turns out there were about 20 City fans in the Bury end

Guess what, Bury scored and the away end started going mental singing "Dooby Dooby Doo"

The genuine Bury fans turned round and said " Dooby Dooby Doo" what sort of football song is that?

Bury went on to win and we went into the play offs. Cracking night that.

Who can forget that day when Palace came to the Gate, Freddy Sears 'scored' but were completely astonished when the ref turned around and waved play on? The ball hit the hoop at the back of the net and bounced out abruptly. We all slumped momentarily, but the whistle remained silent. We played on, much to the vexation of all the away fans, the away chairman and a certain mr N. Warnock esq., manager of said team.

Made I laugh for ages. :dancing6:

See 

Sometime in the mid to late eighties at home to a team like Walsall or Chester on a cold very wet winter Tuesday night.

Half-time nearly all of the 50-100 or so away fans disappear down off the park end terrace in search of some respite from the rain and maybe a cuppa, leaving a single solitary away fan getting soaked (even though he may have had a umbrella). Cue the entire ground (to my memory anyway) chanting 'You're goining to get your forking head kicked in...' at him.

trip to Shrewsbury years ago... I went into the centre of town (and a very nice town it is too), and went to go into a pub. Security stopped me outside,,,"where's the rest of your mob"? "No idea mate" I replied....just then there was an enormous sound of breaking glass from some way up the road.. "I think they've just arrived" I replied, and went into the pub

Ashton Gate mid sixties and went to watch Bristol Boys v Liverpool Boys.Cheered all game for the boys in red and we were shouting our heads off when they scored and ended up winning the game.As me and my mate walked out we found out that the team in red were in fact Liverpool and we'd been cheering for them all game.......

6 hours ago, DanZider said:

I quite liked the "la la la, Gerkins in a pickle" song away at Colly when they were still playing at Layer Road. Think the song came out after we turned around the game and won 2-1.

Was also some good banter with a James Cordon look-a-like away at upton park a few years ago!!

I seem to remember the song "Your the worst part of a burger"

11 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

March 1967 away to Spurs in the FA Cup (we lost 2-0 Jimmy Greaves got both goals the first a penalty.) 

I remember it well.

We had a penalty earlier in the game,

Tony Ford missed it.

The ref decided that it had to be retaken, so up stepped Chris Crowe (who had only recently joined us. Apparently he blasted them and had never missed!).

He side footed it wide!!!

Greaves later showed us how to take a penalty, totally wrong footing Mike Gibson.

13 hours ago, pillred said:

red and white rattles, the good old days eh!!

yep had one at Ag myself in the 60's then the old man got promoted with Ashton Containers and we moved north. Started going to Sheff Wed so the rattle went from red and white to........................yes blue and white, took about 3 coats of crap paint in those days and begs the question why didnt I go and watch Sheff Utd :grr:

Not witnessed by me but a really funny anecdote from a book about northeast football. Big queue outside turnstiles at Roker Park. A dad with a young son has a stool with him for his son to stand on. Policeman stops the man bringing in the stool as he could throw it at someone. The man argues with the policeman and says 'do I look like someone who would throw a stool?' The policeman lets him in. At that moment someone shouts 'hey look its that bloke that's always throwing stools'. Made me laugh anyway........

I'll get me coat

Not my story but I'm sharing it anyway...

My late old man, my younger brother, my brother's mate, his Grandad and a few other assorted gents make the trip to Wembley to see City against Stoke in the Auto Windscreens final. 

They get outside the two towers to find the security checking bags and coats for beer. My late old man had a carrier bag of ale and lager on him. To stop the metallic sound of the tins clanging, he's folded and put his jacket between the 8 cans of ale on the bottom and the 8 cans of lager on the top.

"Alwight Guvna, let's see those bags" says the security man. Dad obligingly hands over his carrier with the 8 lagers in prominent view on the top. "Can't take them in Guvna. Sorry" says the security man. He then dutifully removes the 8 cans of lager. He spots the folded jacket underneath, coving said ale and hands back the bag to my dad.

With a smirk on his face, he enters Wembley and sits down. "What's so funny eh Dad?" says my brother. 

My dad opens the bag, takes his jacket out and precedes to open cans of ale in full view of the pitch. My dad looks at my brother and the other gents with a smile. Turns out only 2 of the adults (including my dad) drank ale and the rest were meant to be on the lager!

3 hours ago, oldstandrobin said:

yep had one at Ag myself in the 60's then the old man got promoted with Ashton Containers and we moved north. Started going to Sheff Wed so the rattle went from red and white to........................yes blue and white, took about 3 coats of crap paint in those days and begs the question why didnt I go and watch Sheff Utd :grr:

yes it would have been easier, did you ever wear a rosette,  I remember the sellers outside the gate on matchdays selling pin badges as well

We lost 2-0 at Reading in 2010, but at one point a rather overweight Reading fan came out of the vomitorium (one for @Dollymarie). The usual chant of you fat bar steward and gravy related abuse broke out. The Reading fan responded by pretending to be out of breath and proceeded to crawl up the steps on his hands and knees.

49 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

We lost 2-0 at Reading in 2010, but at one point a rather overweight Reading fan came out of the vomitorium (one for @Dollymarie). The usual chant of you fat bar steward and gravy related abuse broke out. The Reading fan responded by pretending to be out of breath and proceeded to crawl up the steps on his hands and knees.

If it's not bad enough that I have to see the word, you're now inventing different versions of it!!! It's a vomitory (can't believe I actually just typed that!) and nothing else! 

Now I need to go for a lie down in a dark room :(

Anyone remember the pre season friendly against Real Mallorca when Samuel Eto ran the show and they were 4-0 up after less than 30 minutes.

They must have felt sorry for us and we eventually scored  through Lee Peacock,the East End which housed the away fans in those days was completely empty and on scoring half the ground turned to the East End before chanting "You're not singing anymore"

"If my memory serves me correctly Eto scored twice that night as did Lee Peacock.... Who would of thought that one would play for the greatest club in the world and the other only played for Barca and Inter!?"  -MCBFC

Away to Barnsley at half time the bloke in front had some sort of meant balti pie but no fork to eat it with. His mate pointed out some pastry that was near his mouth but he couldn't get it. He got frustrated at not being able to get it and smeared the whole thing over his face so he was covered in meat Source.

He stood there grinning at everyone for about 25 minutes too!

20 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Once saw a man and his son aged about 10, in the old enclosure both smoking pipes. 

And on a similar theme, a couple of years ago, three teenage girls strutting through the Williams car park like a group of divas, all smoking e-cigs. Rebels.

That's a damn lie, my son was almost twelve at the time,

At Selhurst Park in the late 70s (1st Division days),we were massed in their old Open End behind the goal. Someome yelled a warning and we thought it was Palace trying to have another go.

Then I spotted a totally bladdered gangly City fan who had crapped his pants weaving his way in my direction.

The smell was revolting and he was in a right state. As he staggered and swayed across the terrace you could see vast spaces opening up around him as fans of both sides frantically scrambled to avoid him and the awful gut-wrenching smell. Okay, I admit it, I took evasive action too and was prepared to run if necessary. Discretion is the better part of valour.

Even City fans were imploring the Old Bill to throw him out, but they just laughed and kept their distance like everyone else.

I swear he could have taken the Palace End all by himself if he had a mind to, but he was too p#ssed to even know where he was and why he was there

God knows how he got home.

Anyone else remember this?

Were you that man?

If you know him - name and shame!

3 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

At Selhurst Park in the late 70s (1st Division days),we were massed in their old Open End behind the goal. Someome yelled a warning and we thought it was Palace trying to have another go.

Then I spotted a totally bladdered gangly City fan who had crapped his pants weaving his way in my direction.

The smell was revolting and he was in a right state. As he staggered and swayed across the terrace you could see vast spaces opening up around him as fans of both sides frantically scrambled to avoid him and the awful gut-wrenching smell. Okay, I admit it, I took evasive action too and was prepared to run if necessary. Discretion is the better part of valour.

Even City fans were imploring the Old Bill to throw him out, but they just laughed and kept their distance like everyone else.

I swear he could have taken the Palace End all by himself if he had a mind to, but he was too p#ssed to even know where he was and why he was there

God knows how he got home.

Anyone else remember this?

Were you that man?

If you know him - name and shame!

Sorry about that

23 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

This is for those, like me, who have had more than enough of threads directly or indirectly concerned with the immediate future of our manager.

This post is a genuine endeavour to introduce some fresh humour around the place.

So, here goes.

Please share your funniest ever moment at a football match, perhaps something that was said, something you witnessed, anything at all really that is true and funny.

Fill your boots and enjoy.

Remarkably this thread has not drifted off topic once in 24 hours! Not once, thank you all those who have posted and made what I thought impossible, possible.

7 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Remarkably this thread has not drifted off topic once in 24 hours! Not once, thank you all those who have posted and made what I thought impossible, possible.

It appears to have done now though....;)

Mine was standing at Stockport, mid nineties, I'm guessing February? Sleet horizontal towards our faces in the open end, dull as anything dross on the pitch.  A chant rang out of 'we can't see what you're doing'

Archived