IGNORED

Bobby Reid £5m man

Shuffle

Bobby Reid was the highlight of the early season for me, along with Tammy. I think he is a very good player and certainly will have a good career. If he scored goals he'd not be here, some of his link up play is outstanding and he can finish, seems like he prefers the harder chance almost. Hopefully he is back in the squad soon.

3 hours ago, Shuffle said:

I understand that Bobby has missed chances and divides opinion but cannot understand that so shortly after LJ  stating that if he could finish he would be worth £5m,that he's disappeared out of the squad.  Not suggesting that he should be starting but playing for the u23 today is a huge fall from grace.  Is he carrying the can for us squandering 2 goal lead v Reading ?

He panics in front of goal. He is not the only one, but he missed vital chances. 

He was dropped that's football!

39 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

He panics in front of goal. He is not the only one, but he missed vital chances. 

He was dropped that's football!

I remember people saying this after matches, but always on the replays you see a different part of the story, hand, deflection etc... he has been pretty composed, and getting into goal scoring positions (how often do you see our other midfield players within 5 feet of the opposition keeper). 

3 hours ago, Fiale said:

I remember people saying this after matches, but always on the replays you see a different part of the story, hand, deflection etc... he has been pretty composed, and getting into goal scoring positions (how often do you see our other midfield players within 5 feet of the opposition keeper). 

I agree that our midfielders are awful in front of goal. Bobby has missed a ridiculous amount of chances that have fallen to him which marks him out. Rightly or wrongly. LJ has!

7 hours ago, Shuffle said:

I understand that Bobby has missed chances and divides opinion but cannot understand that so shortly after LJ  stating that if he could finish he would be worth £5m,that he's disappeared out of the squad.  Not suggesting that he should be starting but playing for the u23 today is a huge fall from grace.  Is he carrying the can for us squandering 2 goal lead v Reading ?

Bobby Reid could be worth £5mil was given birth in the same thought process that said City will soon qualify for the Europa league...I wouldn't write too much into sweeping LJ statements as they are clearly very much 'off the cuff'......

51 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I agree that our midfielders are awful in front of goal. Bobby has missed a ridiculous amount of chances that have fallen to him which marks him out. Rightly or wrongly. LJ has!

The problem is, who is going to score for us in Reid and Tomlin are relegated to the sub bench/U23's

ScreenShot_20170117032848.png

15 hours ago, eardun said:

I'm in the 'give LJ more time camp' but this thread does highlight one concern I have. I do wonder if LJ is finding it hard to manage the squad size. He has said that it is a new problem for him which has been exacerbated by the new loan restrictions (we have to hold more players as we can't just loan someone in outside of the transfer windows).

On Twentyman tonight, when talking about the Fleetwood match, he was saying that certain players who had not played much recently had been doing well in training and deserved a chance. So I expect changes tomorrow.

I hope those changes are not one offs just for Fleetwood. My preference for tomorrow would be to pick the team and formation that we intend to play on Saturday v Forest, especially as we are bedding in the new signings.

Let's build some consistency for the team; let's make it simple for the players - you have the same role on Tuesday and on Saturday; let's give each player scope to get on the same wavelength with the players around them; each player has different strengths and weaknesses - if one week you are playing alongside Tomlin and the next O'Dowda, your approach needs to change. That is fine when you are playing with confidence and have the experience and skills to be flexible, but we don't at the moment. 

Completly agree with this. 

13 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Someone needs to tell LJ we sorted the team set up, to a degree, then we can all sleep well in knowing the poor run of results is over.

COYR.

Nite all I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post!

what are you on??

Drop Djuric and go with one striker if you want to fit both in the lineup. Drop Wilbs off the bench. If you need Djuric bring him on late. A team with the players we have for now

FF

Little Flint Wright Mags 

Hegeler Pack

Reid

O'Dowda                              Tomlin

Tammy

Lucic, Golbourne, Bryan, Brownhill, Djuric, O'Neil, Vyner 

Or something like that. O'Dowda helps cover for Little. Hegeler can cover the left for Tomlin when he roams. Reid in a 3 with two big and strong CMs. 

I don't know if it's our best XI but it's got our best goalscorers on it and limits players playing out of position. Be easy enough to change to a back 3 and bring Djuric on if needed as well. 

I think you have all missed the teams evolution and our tactics of playing more and more long balls. Tonight we get to see the first unveiling of our new play style, and the reason we are signing tall players. Forget the middle of the pitch.... waste of time and energy.

ScreenShot_20170117135640.png

Archived