IGNORED

New Year New Juve?

ExiledAjax

On 17/01/2017 at 07:24, ExiledAjax said:

Juve explained the new logo on their website, which read: "Football speaks an increasingly universal language. And in such a global sector, it is vital that we are able to pre-empt sporting, social and economic change before it happens in order to maintain a leading role. 

Juventus has embraced the dynamics of the modern game and is determined to be a key player in future changes. 

It is for this reason that the club has adopted a new visual identity and taken on a style with a more profound meaning. In line with the club’s values, Juventus will offer a range of unique experiences which are aimed at its passionate fans but also relevant for a broader audience. 

This will enable the club to sustain its sporting, commercial and cultural development."

I mean if that doesn't clear it up I don't know what will. The logo I think looks good - but this corporate/marketing speak is ludicrous.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/sg/news/juventus-unveil-dramatic-change-club-logo-not-everyones-a-fan#XMR05ehCmYycHqJV.99

What utter bollocks.

20 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

If city ever get to the prem (i wont hold my breath) the reality is the badge will definately change. Its not 'clean' enough to be marketable and will get an overhall, if you look at all the prem badges almost all have had some kind of change in recent times.

Maybe a stylised carrot?

22 hours ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Juve are 'Italy's team', more popular everywhere in Italy than in Turin itself. Turin is full of Torino fans. Italy is full of Juve fans. It's a well-known saying. In Turin, at least. The comparison with how Man U are 'popular' across England doesn't even come close. You go to almost any Italian city, of varyng sizes, and there will be a Juve Fan Club with a sports bar dedicated to them where Juve 'fans' watch the games. In the old Stadio delle Alpi Juve's crowds, even at the height of their creative brilliance with Platini, Boniek, Tardelli, Rossi etc, their crowds were pitiful. Not even The Divine Ponytail, one of the greatest Italian players to grace the game, Bobby Baggio, could persuade more of them to turn up. This was one of the reasons behind their move to a new stadium (via the Olimpico) where they now get bigger crowds. But this doesn't disguise the fact that, proportionally, they are greater supported outside their home city than any other team in the bel paese.

Milan is the industrial heartland of Italy and obv a rival. Therefore it makes economic sense to launch there, plus provide a snub to the two Milan clubs, currently in the doldrums competitively. The bitterness/rivalry is that fierce, Juve would love to rub their noses in the fact they (Juve) are top and have been since re-emerging from the calciopoli scandal and show no signs of relinquishing their grip on lo scudetto for a good while yet. A grand gesture, relaunching yourself under the noses of your so-say rivals (Torino pale into insignificance, more's the pity). Italians love a gesture, a bit of drama. Why play it so staid and stale launching a new 'brand' at your own house? Go and do it in the face of those 'nearest'.

It's an odd choice to us, but then we don't have a team of England like Juve.

A bit like Man U?

On 17/01/2017 at 07:24, ExiledAjax said:

Juve explained the new logo on their website, which read: "Football speaks an increasingly universal language. And in such a global sector, it is vital that we are able to pre-empt sporting, social and economic change before it happens in order to maintain a leading role. 

Juventus has embraced the dynamics of the modern game and is determined to be a key player in future changes. 

It is for this reason that the club has adopted a new visual identity and taken on a style with a more profound meaning. In line with the club’s values, Juventus will offer a range of unique experiences which are aimed at its passionate fans but also relevant for a broader audience. 

This will enable the club to sustain its sporting, commercial and cultural development."

I mean if that doesn't clear it up I don't know what will. The logo I think looks good - but this corporate/marketing speak is ludicrous.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/sg/news/juventus-unveil-dramatic-change-club-logo-not-everyones-a-fan#XMR05ehCmYycHqJV.99

Was that written by their COO, Marco Ashtonio??? 

42 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Juve are 'Italy's team', more popular everywhere in Italy than in Turin itself. Turin is full of Torino fans. Italy is full of Juve fans. It's a well-known saying. In Turin, at least. The comparison with how Man U are 'popular' across England doesn't even come close. You go to almost any Italian city, of varyng sizes, and there will be a Juve Fan Club with a sports bar dedicated to them where Juve 'fans' watch the games. In the old Stadio delle Alpi Juve's crowds, even at the height of their creative brilliance with Platini, Boniek, Tardelli, Rossi etc, their crowds were pitiful. Not even The Divine Ponytail, one of the greatest Italian players to grace the game, Bobby Baggio, could persuade more of them to turn up. This was one of the reasons behind their move to a new stadium (via the Olimpico) where they now get bigger crowds. But this doesn't disguise the fact that, proportionally, they are greater supported outside their home city than any other team in the bel paese.

A bit like Man U?

I'd say not. Not even close.

21 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

If city ever get to the prem (i wont hold my breath) the reality is the badge will definately change. Its not 'clean' enough to be marketable and will get an overhall, if you look at all the prem badges almost all have had some kind of change in recent times.

Indeed. Something simple. Like a bird, a bridge & a ball.

Anyway, BBC decided to join the ridicule http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/38654026

Archived