IGNORED

New Year New Juve?

ExiledAjax

9 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Swapping a really tidy badge for a letter and a line, can't get my head round it.

Juve explained the new logo on their website, which read: "Football speaks an increasingly universal language. And in such a global sector, it is vital that we are able to pre-empt sporting, social and economic change before it happens in order to maintain a leading role. 

Juventus has embraced the dynamics of the modern game and is determined to be a key player in future changes. 

It is for this reason that the club has adopted a new visual identity and taken on a style with a more profound meaning. In line with the club’s values, Juventus will offer a range of unique experiences which are aimed at its passionate fans but also relevant for a broader audience. 

This will enable the club to sustain its sporting, commercial and cultural development."

I mean if that doesn't clear it up I don't know what will. The logo I think looks good - but this corporate/marketing speak is ludicrous.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/sg/news/juventus-unveil-dramatic-change-club-logo-not-everyones-a-fan#XMR05ehCmYycHqJV.99

There was a trend for changing club badges back in the 70s. Witness Leeds United & Nottingham Forest. We did it as well with the Robin badge but somehow forgot to make it to the European Cup Final! And then we changed back to something like our old badge.

Looks quite stylish (Italian even) but I can imagine it will have split their fans. And as for the corporate BS? Well its corporate BS of course!

I quite like it

Can see more clubs moving down this route now a giant like Juve have done it

I bet the forward thinking people at BS have noticed this, would be intrigued to know if they are inclined to follow. The badge needs a freshen up.....go for it, I say

5 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Juve explained the new logo on their website, which read: "Football speaks an increasingly universal language. And in such a global sector, it is vital that we are able to pre-empt sporting, social and economic change before it happens in order to maintain a leading role. 

Juventus has embraced the dynamics of the modern game and is determined to be a key player in future changes. 

It is for this reason that the club has adopted a new visual identity and taken on a style with a more profound meaning. In line with the club’s values, Juventus will offer a range of unique experiences which are aimed at its passionate fans but also relevant for a broader audience. 

This will enable the club to sustain its sporting, commercial and cultural development."

I mean if that doesn't clear it up I don't know what will. The logo I think looks good - but this corporate/marketing speak is ludicrous.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/sg/news/juventus-unveil-dramatic-change-club-logo-not-everyones-a-fan#XMR05ehCmYycHqJV.99

Well thats one for the Pseuds corner in the next Private Eye. It sort of reminds me of this: -

"The three ovals in the Toyota logo are linked in a horizontally symmetrical layout – so it is recognisable both head-on and when seen in a rear-view mirror.

The inner ovals symbolise the heart of the customer and the heart of the company, overlapping to represent a mutually beneficial relationship and trust between the two, as well as forming a ‘T’ shape for Toyota. The outer oval one signifies the world embracing Toyota.

Each oval is drawn with different stroke thicknesses, pointing to Japanese calligraphy art and culture.

The space in the background within the logo is meant to exhibit the ‘infinite values’ which Toyota stands for. These are: superb quality, value beyond expectation, the joy of driving, innovation, and integrity in safety, the environment and social responsibility."

I love my Toyota and I have driven one for years, but corporate bollox is still corporate bollox :) 

10 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

I also only just noticed that they unveiled it at a ceremony in Milan. Now that is odd.

Juve are 'Italy's team', more popular everywhere in Italy than in Turin itself. Turin is full of Torino fans. Italy is full of Juve fans. It's a well-known saying. In Turin, at least. The comparison with how Man U are 'popular' across England doesn't even come close. You go to almost any Italian city, of varyng sizes, and there will be a Juve Fan Club with a sports bar dedicated to them where Juve 'fans' watch the games. In the old Stadio delle Alpi Juve's crowds, even at the height of their creative brilliance with Platini, Boniek, Tardelli, Rossi etc, their crowds were pitiful. Not even The Divine Ponytail, one of the greatest Italian players to grace the game, Bobby Baggio, could persuade more of them to turn up. This was one of the reasons behind their move to a new stadium (via the Olimpico) where they now get bigger crowds. But this doesn't disguise the fact that, proportionally, they are greater supported outside their home city than any other team in the bel paese.

Milan is the industrial heartland of Italy and obv a rival. Therefore it makes economic sense to launch there, plus provide a snub to the two Milan clubs, currently in the doldrums competitively. The bitterness/rivalry is that fierce, Juve would love to rub their noses in the fact they (Juve) are top and have been since re-emerging from the calciopoli scandal and show no signs of relinquishing their grip on lo scudetto for a good while yet. A grand gesture, relaunching yourself under the noses of your so-say rivals (Torino pale into insignificance, more's the pity). Italians love a gesture, a bit of drama. Why play it so staid and stale launching a new 'brand' at your own house? Go and do it in the face of those 'nearest'.

It's an odd choice to us, but then we don't have a team of England like Juve.

1 hour ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Juve are 'Italy's team', more popular everywhere in Italy than in Turin itself. Turin is full of Torino fans. Italy is full of Juve fans. It's a well-known saying. In Turin, at least. The comparison with how Man U are 'popular' across England doesn't even come close. You go to almost any Italian city, of varyng sizes, and there will be a Juve Fan Club with a sports bar dedicated to them where Juve 'fans' watch the games. In the old Stadio delle Alpi Juve's crowds, even at the height of their creative brilliance with Platini, Boniek, Tardelli, Rossi etc, their crowds were pitiful. Not even The Divine Ponytail, one of the greatest Italian players to grace the game, Bobby Baggio, could persuade more of them to turn up. This was one of the reasons behind their move to a new stadium (via the Olimpico) where they now get bigger crowds. But this doesn't disguise the fact that, proportionally, they are greater supported outside their home city than any other team in the bel paese.

Milan is the industrial heartland of Italy and obv a rival. Therefore it makes economic sense to launch there, plus provide a snub to the two Milan clubs, currently in the doldrums competitively. The bitterness/rivalry is that fierce, Juve would love to rub their noses in the fact they (Juve) are top and have been since re-emerging from the calciopoli scandal and show no signs of relinquishing their grip on lo scudetto for a good while yet. A grand gesture, relaunching yourself under the noses of your so-say rivals (Torino pale into insignificance, more's the pity). Italians love a gesture, a bit of drama. Why play it so staid and stale launching a new 'brand' at your own house? Go and do it in the face of those 'nearest'.

I do like the story of when Inter signed Christian Vieri.

The Inter chairman was the proprietor of the biggest milk company and increased the price of milk by 15% so he could afford the transfer fee and wages.

This meant that every time an AC Milan fan bought a pint of milk, they were paying for their arch rivals new star striker.

39 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I do like the story of when Inter signed Christian Vieri.

The Inter chairman was the proprietor of the biggest milk company and increased the price of milk by 15% so he could afford the transfer fee and wages.

This meant that every time an AC Milan fan bought a pint of milk, they were paying for their arch rivals new star striker.

And since then many milanisti have gone dairy-free, as I've heard it.

2 hours ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Very interesting, you clearly know your italian football. Anything to do with the AC milan beanie you wear?

17 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Interesting, thanks for that.  Am I right that Torino have never really recovered from their air crash disaster in...I'm not sure of the year...maybe 1950's?

4th May, 1949, the Superga air disaster (Superga is the name of the hill, on the River Po, about 10 miles just outside Turin; that's how close to home the plane was, returning from Portugal). The Grande Torino team had won 5 scudetti that decade; they've won 1 since. They were a massive 1940s force in Serie A, with the great Mazzola up front (something like 100 goals in 200 Torino games). The Torino squad made up the majority of the national team at that time, which is why it was mourned not parochially but across the peninsula. Bear in mind this was just after Italy had won the 1934 and 1938 World Cups and there was one due in 1950 and it was an utter disaster on an incomprehensible scale. In 1947, Torino supplied 10 of the national first team, and over the next two years they regularly had 7, 8 or 9 of the first names on the sheet. Sad loss.

Archived