IGNORED

Marlon Pack

allyolly

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Instead of watching him, watch the movement in front of him . If the pass aint on he can't make it, it's not difficult to grasp honestly

That's what I'm watching, obviously, otherwise I wouldn't know if it was potentially a good pass. It's not difficult to grasp what I'm saying, honestly.

3 minutes ago, Griffin said:

That's what I'm watching, obviously, otherwise I wouldn't know if it was potentially a good pass. It's not difficult to grasp what I'm saying, honestly.

Can't you think of your own witty retort instead of childish mimicking. Look i don't agree with you and think you talk rubbish at times but it's a forum of different opinions, so we'll both agree that you're wrong and move on :laughcont:

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Can't you think of your own witty retort instead of childish mimicking. Look i don't agree with you and think you talk rubbish at times but it's a forum of different opinions, so we'll both agree that you're wrong and move on :laughcont:

Sorry, I was mimicking you but you were the one being childish. I've seen him bottle passes for a long time, and due to knowing he bottles it I'm more aware when he does do it. I'm confident I'm right but obviously that doesn't matter to you. I'll move on now :P

2 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Sorry, I was mimicking you but you were the one being childish. I've seen him bottle passes for a long time, and due to knowing he bottles it I'm more aware when he does do it. I'm confident I'm right but obviously that doesn't matter to you. I'll move on now :P

Well for what it's worth i think he's one of our better midfielders and keeps the ball moving which is very important for moving the opposition around and imo doesn't bottle it at all. Also i'm in a bit of a wind up mood tonight so thanks for playing :laughcont::robbored:

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Well for what it's worth i think he's one of our better midfielders and keeps the ball moving which is very important for moving the opposition around and imo doesn't bottle it at all. Also i'm in a bit of a wind up mood tonight so thanks for playing :laughcont::robbored:

Well we're all entitled to our opinions. I thought being a wind up only counts when you're having a laugh, not being a patronising so and so, but I guess you got me! :help:

Just now, JasonM88 said:

Oh, I watch almost every game. But no, my opinion isn't valid because some cretin on OTIB thinks his opinion is better and more important than anyone else.

You're joking right? That's hilarious, bad day at work or something? Some cretin, funny guy. My opinion isn't better or more important than anyone elses. I don't know who you think you are :clapping:

8 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Very good day at work, thank you. 

Just naturally rude then? I dislike Pack, which makes me notice his bad passing more. My opinion isn't better or more important though, jheez, I didn't even say I was right when I was told I was wrong.

Pack hhhhmmm not sure about him, good ball retention, passing across the ground and good in the air...but then spoils everything thinking he is gerreard and trying to spread his big champagne balls forward to our wing backs  that barely ever get past the opposition fullback.

will never be a prem class player probably punching above his weight in the championship, I'm neither enthused or dissaponted with him, just seems to be a very average player at this level

34 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Just naturally rude then? I dislike Pack, which makes me notice his bad passing more. My opinion isn't better or more important though, jheez, I didn't even say I was right when I was told I was wrong.

Maybe because you dislike him you don't notice he has the high pass completion rate in the team, half foward half backward. You may also not notice the number of tackles he puts in before the ball reaches defence and how he's a go to player for other players when they're under pressure. Another thing you may not notice is his physical presence that no other cm in our squad offers. Just maybe...

5 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Maybe because you dislike him you don't notice he has the high pass completion rate in the team, half foward half backward. You may also not notice the number of tackles he puts in before the ball reaches defence and how he's a go to player for other players when they're under pressure. Another thing you may not notice is his physical presence that no other cm in our squad offers. Just maybe...

His passing completion rate isn't a stat that can really be used in this argument due to the backwards/safe passing that he does. As one of our bigger players and playing CDM I'd hope that he puts tackles in that area. I know it's a bit cheap for me to say but now we have Hegler we have more physical presence in that area too.

40 minutes ago, Griffin said:

The problem is you dislike him, so anything good he does you choose to ignore. Pack is not the greatest player in the world but he's a good squad player for us to have and in my opinion has improved every year he has been with us

6 minutes ago, smokey live said:

The problem is you dislike him, so anything good he does you choose to ignore. Pack is not the greatest player in the world but he's a good squad player for us to have and in my opinion has improved every year he has been with us

I honestly think I judge people fairly, I don't think I miss his good things. I'm just more aware, therefore pick up his bad things, I think.

I might be completely wrong and it's all in my head but I genuinely think I judge people well without emotion.

2 minutes ago, Griffin said:

I honestly think I judge people fairly, I don't think I miss his good things. I'm just more aware, therefore pick up his bad things, I think.

I might be completely wrong and it's all in my head but I genuinely think I judge people well without emotion.

That fair enough. I have noticed lots of players doing things they didn't do earlier in the season

9 minutes ago, Griffin said:

It does happen a lot to be fair that when players are lacking confidence they go hiding a bit and want to make the easy pass , perhaps packs doing that a bit

10 hours ago, Griffin said:

His passing completion rate isn't a stat that can really be used in this argument due to the backwards/safe passing that he does. As one of our bigger players and playing CDM I'd hope that he puts tackles in that area. I know it's a bit cheap for me to say but now we have Hegler we have more physical presence in that area too.

Exactly... twice against Fleetwood after he came on as sub he did great reading the game and intercepting in their half... the first time he then turned and passed the ball back into our own half, the second time he carried the ball backwards before losing possession on the half-way line. His chronic lack of pace is often exposed too, such that when he loses the ball he can't recover to chase back and retackle. 

12 hours ago, smokey live said:

Hi Griffin. You're right. It really is all in your head! It's impossible to 'judge people well without emotion' when you openly dislike them!

Archived