IGNORED

A mugs game

Pound Lane Red

I bought this mug on the 8th November, it has rightly had pride of place at work. It was right at the start of this sorry run of games. After a week a crack had appeared. Like our form recently, this crack has gotten worse. It's not leaking yet, but it has continued to develop further. I had hoped it was just glaze but it's more of a fault line. 

My line of thought is this - if the mug makes it to the end of the season, it can be replaced with a shiny new one. If the arse falls out of my mug, then we are doomed to go down.

So let's get some positive thoughts for the mug of destiny and pray it lasts until the start of May. 

On a side note, I was going to complain to the shop but thought it will be entertaining to try and nurse it through to the end of the season. 

Going to be a win for City tonight. 3-1. 

IMAG1306.jpg

IMAG1304.jpg

Talking as an engineer, the best way of preventing the crack from running any further is to drill what's called a 'stop hole' at either end of the crack. The round hole's will spread the stress load and prevent the crack from spreading.

You may notice that the performance of your cup in its prime role of liquid retention may be reduced however, if you change the way you hold your mug during use it should carry you through the season with no further trouble.

So a crack appeared and instead of doing anything abut it you continued to let it grow compromising the mug even more and risking it's entire function. Maybe a attempt to restore or repair it would have prevented it from getting to this sorry state. To make it to the end of the season, I suggest you be proactive in making positive changes to the mug - or it will end in catastrophe.

13 minutes ago, Fiale said:

So a crack appeared and instead of doing anything abut it you continued to let it grow compromising the mug even more and risking it's entire function. Maybe a attempt to restore or repair it would have prevented it from getting to this sorry state. To make it to the end of the season, I suggest you be proactive in making positive changes to the mug - or it will end in catastrophe.

After the start to the season, I never anticipated any cracks to show and then one mighty one appeared, everything flooded out and if was too late to resolve the situation. I hope it won't be replicated :fingerscrossed:

Archived