IGNORED

Cotts

Josh93

Don't know if mentioned elsewhere but just seen on sky sports transfer centre that's he's one of 4 men that's been interviewed for the England Under 21's manager vacancy :blink:

12:36

ENGLAND U21 UPDATE

Gareth Southgate’s replacement as the manager of England U21s should be known before the end of this week, Sky Sports News HQ understands.

More than a hundred candidates applied for the role, with as many as 8 presenting their case to an interview panel including Southgate, FA Chief Executive Martin Glenn, FA Technical Director Dan Ashworth,  the FA’s BAME project manager Wayne Allison and former England interim manager Howard Wilkinson.

Candidates, who have faced up to three hours of grilling from the panel at St George’s Park, have included the former England U21s manager Stuart Pearce, former Bristol City manager Steve Cotterill, Paul Ince and Gary White, most recently head coach of Shanghai Shenxin in the China League One. 

The present England U20s manager Aidy Boothroyd remains one of the favourites to land the role.

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

I agree. Just referring to the tag he was given by some of our fans when he arrived at AG.

I still remember the comments. 

Didn't take long for people to change their minds. I genuinely believe, if given the right backing, SC could do the U21 job with his eyes closed.

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

I still remember the comments. 

Didn't take long for people to change their minds. I genuinely believe, if given the right backing, SC could do the U21 job with his eyes closed.

I agree again!

I don't think he'll get it though, didn't Ince play with Southgate at Middlesbrough? A nod's as good as a wink and all that.

2 hours ago, Josh93 said:

Don't know if mentioned elsewhere but just seen on sky sports transfer centre that's he's one of 4 men that's been interviewed for the England Under 21's manager vacancy :blink:

12:36

ENGLAND U21 UPDATE

Gareth Southgate’s replacement as the manager of England U21s should be known before the end of this week, Sky Sports News HQ understands.

More than a hundred candidates applied for the role, with as many as 8 presenting their case to an interview panel including Southgate, FA Chief Executive Martin Glenn, FA Technical Director Dan Ashworth,  the FA’s BAME project manager Wayne Allison and former England interim manager Howard Wilkinson.

Candidates, who have faced up to three hours of grilling from the panel at St George’s Park, have included the former England U21s manager Stuart Pearce, former Bristol City manager Steve Cotterill, Paul Ince and Gary White, most recently head coach of Shanghai Shenxin in the China League One. 

The present England U20s manager Aidy Boothroyd remains one of the favourites to land the role.

He hasn't got a chance 

Archived