IGNORED

Johnson biggest game of his career?

Poshtottie

Could this be the biggest game of Lee Johnson managerial career? Whether or not you see the Bristol City manager as a positive or a negative for the club this will matter little once the kick off starts the ball rolling at the City gound Saturday afternoon as all BCFC fans will rally behind their team. One thing is for sure the win against Fleetwood town could of done no harm and it was a good win even though some say against Fleetwood well it was a very inform Fleetwood and the same Fleetwood that held us to a draw here a Ashton Gate no less. A certain West Ham was very happy to win at Ashton Gate couple years back by the odd goal I remember!

Lee Johnson will know if he can get a result tomorrow then the self-belief vital to success will start to mature. Fail in this then he will know the pressure on him will grow exponentially due to the fact Forest are in Disarray as a Club and not just a team looking for results! This must bring unimaginable pressure on the manager I am sure, and if he delivers he might just have earnt himself some breathing space. If he doesn't bring back a result then who knows what the outcome might well be could he get his bus money home?

It's undoubtedly a massive game, I've got that nervous excitement in the pit of my stomach already. I think he will see the game as huge in his career because of how much he loves our club. It'll be a very nice Saturday for all if we can take the 3 points, bring back memories of the Fulham win last year.

Forest have got 11 points in their last 10 games, we've got 3.

Their form has been on a downward trend, ours has been steadily dreadful.

Two very poor teams on current form, but of course we've been bolstered by 4 recent signings who aren't embroiled in the gloomy losing mentality affecting the others and that could well be decisive.

11 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Two very poor teams on current form, but of course we've been bolstered by 4 recent signings who aren't embroiled in the gloomy losing mentality affecting the others and that could well be decisive.

Yes Agreed. Its almost does not matter the for the forest lads on the pitch as the owner is the unfavourable one up there at the minute. So our boys are the ones with the real pressure and expectation. I feel today is a day they must rise to the occasion!

12 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Quite, and we've now got an almost entirely different team and bench compared to a year ago.

Add to that the mood of despondency at Forest who are a warring faction at ownership level, they have just lost their only decent player (Lansbury), and the caretaker manager (Gary Brazil) has a win record in his previous managerial career at Forest as caretaker and at Notts County of 20% (4 wins in 29 games).

No more excuses for LJ. If we can't win today, I would say that a relegation spot will be very likely come the end of February, given the games we have between now and then.

4 hours ago, NickJ said:

Quite, and we've now got an almost entirely different team and bench compared to a year ago.

Add to that the mood of despondency at Forest who are a warring faction at ownership level, they have just lost their only decent player (Lansbury), and the caretaker manager (Gary Brazil) has a win record in his previous managerial career at Forest as caretaker and at Notts County of 20% (4 wins in 29 games).

No more excuses for LJ. If we can't win today, I would say that a relegation spot will be very likely come the end of February, given the games we have between now and then.

So.

He has to go.

Surely even SL & Co can se that now.

Not that I have any confidence in their ability to select anybody decent.

13 minutes ago, NickJ said:

So.

He has to go.

Surely even SL & Co can se that now.

Not that I have any confidence in their ability to select anybody decent.

Really though the I think its not just Lee Johnson fault where City stand though he is required to shoulder the blame. Those above him have under estimated this Championship division...

36 minutes ago, Poshtottie said:

Really though the I think its not just Lee Johnson fault where City stand though he is required to shoulder the blame. Those above him have under estimated this Championship division...

Underestimated it or just haven't got it.

Those responsible for appointing Johnson should be embarrassed.

Archived