IGNORED

Gary Rowett invited to Ashton gate tomorrow?

Poshtottie

Crazy as it might seem some people believe the wheels could already be in motion to secure the services of the ex Birmingham City manager should Lee Johnson not get a win tomorrow at Nottingham Forest. Football has few scruples as Cotterill experienced!

Lets face it when a manager gets the backing of the board its time to worry in this game ;-) So if Rowett is not seen any where tomorrow then maybe he might of slipped in the back door at Ashton gate, after all as they say while the cat is away the pussy's likes to play!

If he turns up at Ashton Gate he may be dissapointed

However  If he is , and gets on Coach One , you can be sure something is definitely ongoing

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

If you are Indicating ?  suggesting ? Guessing ? That he will be at the City Ground tomorrow I would suggest that he is probably there in relation to the Forest vacancy

Doubt any club , who have no vacancy , let alone our club with SL at the helm , would ever be involved in such a way in a million years

I remember seeing a few tweets about how Rowett was relatively interested in the job at Forest but had respect for Montanier and did not want to undermine him. I reckon he'll be looking at the other team in red, as opposed to us.

Also, unless he wants Scotty to wash his suit trousers or something I very much doubt he'll get what he wants if he goes AG tomorrow

32 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

I remember seeing a few tweets about how Rowett was relatively interested in the job at Forest but had respect for Montanier and did not want to undermine him. I reckon he'll be looking at the other team in red, as opposed to us.

Also, unless he wants Scotty to wash his suit trousers or something I very much doubt he'll get what he wants if he goes AG tomorrow

He has already turned Forest down.

3 hours ago, Newquay-Red said:

Pretty sure he's already turned down an interview there

19 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I would be utterly amazed if City hadn't already sounded out a couple of prospective managers, given LJ could be a game or two away from getting the boot.

Could Rowett be one of those managers? Absolutely. 

Who would you imagine they might of tapped up so to speak?

5 minutes ago, KingLear said:

I don't get the love-in with Rowett? What exactly has he achieved? Yes he's more experienced at managing in the Championship than LJ, but that's about it. 

Genuine question as to why some think he would be a better option?

wai till 4.50pm today and we may have the answer

17 minutes ago, KingLear said:

I don't get the love-in with Rowett? What exactly has he achieved? Yes he's more experienced at managing in the Championship than LJ, but that's about it. 

Genuine question as to why some think he would be a better option?

Took Birmingham from second bottom to tenth, then was sacked with them in the play offs. All on no budget. Them and Burton had unbelievably strong defensive records. 

His sides remind me of Brighton, really hard to break down. 

Lose today and SL needs to be on the phone to him at 5pm. He could do wonders with our squad and our budget. He's never had the chance to have money to spend or the top players at his disposal yet made good teams. Imagine him with money, Tammy, Tomlin, Maggers, Wright etc. He wouldn't play them in different positions every game for one...

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Took Birmingham from second bottom to tenth, then was sacked with them in the play offs. All on no budget. Them and Burton had unbelievably strong defensive records. 

His sides remind me of Brighton, really hard to break down. 

Lose today and SL needs to be on the phone to him at 5pm. He could do wonders with our squad and our budget. He's never had the chance to have money to spend or the top players at his disposal yet made good teams. Imagine him with money, Tammy, Tomlin, Maggers, Wright etc. He wouldn't play them in different positions every game for one...

I guess it depends which way you look at it, I read it as failed to get Burton out of League Two in 2 attempts. 

Then his Birmingham career reads about the same as LJ at City up until the point he was sacked, came in and kept them up then had them in the playoffs. 

I'm sure if LJ had been sacked by City when we were in the playoffs by a short-sighted owner then other clubs would be talking about him in the same way we are now talking about Rowett.

3 minutes ago, KingLear said:

I guess it depends which way you look at it, I read it as failed to get Burton out of League Two in 2 attempts. 

Then his Birmingham career reads about the same as LJ at City up until the point he was sacked, came in and kept them up then had them in the playoffs. 

I'm sure if LJ had been sacked by City when we were in the playoffs by a short-sighted owner then other clubs would be talking about him in the same way we are now talking about Rowett.

Yep also don't really get the love in. Nonsense that he did everything 'on no budget' and a record at this level very similar to LJ. 

Not saying he's not a good manager but people talking about him like he's something particularly special....not sure I've seen it. 

20 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

If he turns up at Ashton Gate he may be dissapointed

However  If he is , and gets on Coach One , you can be sure something is definitely ongoing

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

If you are Indicating ?  suggesting ? Guessing ? That he will be at the City Ground tomorrow I would suggest that he is probably there in relation to the Forest vacancy

Doubt any club , who have no vacancy , let alone our club with SL at the helm , would ever be involved in such a way in a million years

Why would he be disappointed? He wouldn't go to Nottingham to sign any such deal or hold talks? The relevant people would stay in Bristol. Though I wouldn't expect it to happen at the ground either.

as for your last bit, wake up. Every club from the top down does business in this way at one time or another, it's not meant to but it definitely happens.

17 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yep also don't really get the love in. Nonsense that he did everything 'on no budget' and a record at this level very similar to LJ. 

Not saying he's not a good manager but people talking about him like he's something particularly special....not sure I've seen it. 

£4m is peanuts in this league now.

LJ has spent what? £9/10m? And look at the difference in league position (before he was sacked). LJ spent £3.5m on a player he either plays out of position or benches him and a further £1.5m-ish on someone who's played about 15 mins of league football since August. 

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

LJ has spent what? £9/10m? And look at the difference in league position (before he was sacked). LJ spent £3.5m on a player he either plays out of position or benches him and a further £1.5m-ish on someone who's played about 15 mins of league football since August. 

You said no budget, he clearly had a budget or money to spend,

His sacking regarding league position in some ways was irrelevant, the new owners who took over wanted to go in a different direction. and have a different manager their own choice in charge... it happens

Plus Tomlin played through the middle and on the flanks last season in more of a roaming position where he was effective all over the place, whats changed? 

11 minutes ago, petehinton said:

LJ is absolutely not alone in the process of bringing players to the club. That much is clear. 

And even if he were, are fans really still just judging managers purely on money spent? We have seen years and years of 'big' clubs throwing cash at things and getting nowhere. 

LJ came in to a squad that was so thin we couldn't even name a full senior bench at times. The club was in a complete state on and off the pitch.

You can't buy a whole new squad and instantly be turning a shambolic club into a stable one overnight. It was always going to take time. 

Like all city fans I hope we're close to turning the corner. Is LJ the right man to deliver it? Too early to tell in my opinion but I see no hard evidence that Rowett would have done any better up to this point. 

49 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Why would he be disappointed? He wouldn't go to Nottingham to sign any such deal or hold talks? The relevant people would stay in Bristol. Though I wouldn't expect it to happen at the ground either.

as for your last bit, wake up. Every club from the top down does business in this way at one time or another, it's not meant to but it definitely happens.

My sentiment also.

33 minutes ago, petehinton said:

When you look at it like that then it does make rather interesting reading!

20 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

LJ is absolutely not alone in the process of bringing players to the club. That much is clear. 

And even if he were, are fans really still just judging managers purely on money spent? We have seen years and years of 'big' clubs throwing cash at things and getting nowhere. 

LJ came in to a squad that was so thin we couldn't even name a full senior bench at times. The club was in a complete state on and off the pitch.

You can't buy a whole new squad and instantly be turning a shambolic club into a stable one overnight. It was always going to take time. 

Like all city fans I hope we're close to turning the corner. Is LJ the right man to deliver it? Too early to tell in my opinion but I see no hard evidence that Rowett would have done any better up to this point. 

I'm not judging him on money spent, I'm judging him on money spent and current position. And that's a club record losing run after spending a lot of money, and he keeps claiming he needs to spend more. 

Argument is, I'm confident that this squad is of enough quality and depth to be a decent force in this division now. Regardless of needing 2/3 more windows at LJ says which I really don't understand.

Do I think Rowett/another manager would lose 7 in a row with a squad with Gary O'Neil, Lee Tomlin, Tammy Abraham, Flint, Magnusson etc in? No I really wouldn't. That's why I think today is his final straw. Lose it and we are in a very serious relegation battle and people need to wake up to that. People say Rowett hasn't done much to warrant such high praise but what did LJ do to warrant the job? I really really want him to succeed and he clearly cares for the club but you can't rely on intention alone in football. 

15 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I'm not judging him on money spent, I'm judging him on money spent and current position. And that's a club record losing run after spending a lot of money, and he keeps claiming he needs to spend more. 

Argument is, I'm confident that this squad is of enough quality and depth to be a decent force in this division now. Regardless of needing 2/3 more windows at LJ says which I really don't understand.

Do I think Rowett/another manager would lose 7 in a row with a squad with Gary O'Neil, Lee Tomlin, Tammy Abraham, Flint, Magnusson etc in? No I really wouldn't. That's why I think today is his final straw. Lose it and we are in a very serious relegation battle and people need to wake up to that. People say Rowett hasn't done much to warrant such high praise but what did LJ do to warrant the job? I really really want him to succeed and he clearly cares for the club but you can't rely on intention alone in football. 

Left two clubs in a better position than when he arrived as far as I'm aware. As of now that's also the case here. 

No hiding from our form or the fact that we're in a fight. But Rome wasn't built in a day and it's not unusual for a club with so many new recruits to find their stride. 

I agree that the squad is now one which is well balanced and has the quality to be a reasonable outfit. Though I'm sure there are areas that LJ would still like to strengthen and that may not be able to happen in this window. 

We are seemingly turning into a very competent force off the pitch in terms of the business we do both in and out of the club. IMO this is the key to sustainable progress. I do think (hope!) that the on pitch improvement is around the corner. 

Ever the optimist eh :) 

3 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Left two clubs in a better position than when he arrived as far as I'm aware. As of now that's also the case here. 

No hiding from our form or the fact that we're in a fight. But Rome wasn't built in a day and it's not unusual for a club with so many new recruits to find their stride. 

I agree that the squad is now one which is well balanced and has the quality to be a reasonable outfit. Though I'm sure there are areas that LJ would still like to strengthen and that may not be able to happen in this window. 

We are seemingly turning into a very competent force off the pitch in terms of the business we do both in and out of the club. IMO this is the key to sustainable progress. I do think (hope!) that the on pitch improvement is around the corner. 

Ever the optimist eh :) 

Optimism is essential though blind faith dangerous!

Archived