IGNORED

THE FACTS!

Dolman Block B

I'm not a fan who believes in sacking managers. I'm also a fan who liked LJ as a player and wanted to see him succeed as our manager. BUT to me we have the best squad we have had in a long time, the club have bought well in my opinion. The issue here seems to be the England under Hodgson issue. No system, constant tinkering, and a group of decent players who given a solid system to play week in week out could string together some points.

I wasn't expecting the playoffs I was expecting a 3 in 6 point team that could get around mid table and with a good run of results maybe scrape the playoffs. As much as I loved the early season Tammy goal run and this results run I didn't think it would last. 

I genuinely expected to win against Forest yesterday and now the only conclusion I have is that the head coach has it wrong and he can't turn it around. I don't care about Burnley if we get thumped so what it's the cup. But when we can't beat or even get a point against Cardiff or Forest I can't see us getting anything over the next month.

Problem is I don't see LJ being sacked, especially as he signed a contract extension not so long ago. Not feeling great at this point

The reality in this sad and sorry saga is that for the first time we have a really good squad and the facilities behind the scenes. Things should be on an upward trajectory.... problem is that we don't have the manager to utilise what he has been given. The reason - he simply does not have the experience. This for me was my only reservation about LJ in the first place... he had a modest record at Oldham and Barnsley. Now, there are plenty who don't like SC (particularly towards the end of his reign), but there is no way that LJ was an upgrade on SC. SC had experience of winning things and had coached and managed across all of the divisions. He had won things - including with us (oh what a distant memory...) The fact is that when we have appointed novices or up and comings managers they have failed to meet expectations. Even experienced managers like SOD have struggled BUT SOD was not a winner... SC and GJ were winners and it cannot be any coincidence that stability and success has come from experience and crucially, they had that winning mentality... 

They also ruled the roost and fostered unquestionable team spirit. It is that which kept us up under both GJ and SC and enabled us to enjoy success. Although both ultimately ended up being relieved of their jobs... my own view is that the board failed to capitalise on the success and failed to put in place the structures around them. As a result, the managers had too much power....

The current situation is desperately sad - the board clearly want LJ to succeed. They have backed him with 15 million (more than any other manager I can remember). He is failing spectacularly and he should be put out of his misery. LJ should go back to the lower leagues and learn his craft.. the notion that BCFC should be in the Europa League in 5 years only serves to illustrate his madness.... we have more chance of getting a crack at the JPT again! I think he has lost the players - I don't believe they are confident in the style he is setting them up and that should be no surprise. They don't respect him and his press conferences are boarding on the obscene - "we are doing a rebuilding job" - sorry LJ this was a double winning team you inherited with 15 million to supplement it! If SC had been given 15 million perhaps things would have been different.....

If LJ is sacked - and I say if because there is no indication that he will be - then we must get this next appointment right and it must be someone who has experience of the championship, has a winning CV, can command the respect of the dressing room and will work within our structure.... for me those type of candidates (and I am not saying that any would want to come, but we should try) would be: Wharburton, Pearson, Hodgson, Michael O'Neill, Coleman, Davies, Brown, McCarthy. Rowett is like LJ and would be a risky appointment.

55 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

You can only think that defeats v Burnley and Sheff Wed will seal LJ fate.

Im worried how many Burnely will rattle up againist us?

I thought that defeats in the recent Reading and Cardiff games might be the tipping point but was proved wrong. The fact that he's still here after the worst run we've ever had suggests to me that the club have no desire to change. 

I wonder how bad it has to be. Would a home defeat to Rotherham do it? I'm not so sure even that would see the end of him. 

I really hope I'm wrong and he's sacked this week but there don't seem to be any signs from the club of this actually happening. The more I think about it the more flabbergasted I become. 

1 minute ago, Jacki said:

I thought that defeats in the recent Reading and Cardiff games might be the tipping point but was proved wrong. The fact that he's still here after the worst run we've ever had suggests to me that the club have no desire to change. 

I wonder how bad it has to be. Would a home defeat to Rotherham do it? I'm not so sure even that would see the end of him. 

I really hope I'm wrong and he's sacked this week but there don't seem to be any signs from the club of this actually happening. The more I think about it the more flabbergasted I become. 

I think your right.. despite serving up some atrocious football I don't think there is any appetite to sack him.... I do, however, think the next 2 home games will be crucial if he has not been sacked by then.... cant really see why we would wait as there is not even a sign that we are improving....in fact, that was the worst football we played at Forest for a long time.... LJ should be put out of his misery before he damages his reputation and career further....

10 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

The reality in this sad and sorry saga is that for the first time we have a really good squad and the facilities behind the scenes. Things should be on an upward trajectory.... problem is that we don't have the manager to utilise what he has been given. The reason - he simply does not have the experience. This for me was my only reservation about LJ in the first place... he had a modest record at Oldham and Barnsley. Now, there are plenty who don't like SC (particularly towards the end of his reign), but there is no way that LJ was an upgrade on SC. SC had experience of winning things and had coached and managed across all of the divisions. He had won things - including with us (oh what a distant memory...) The fact is that when we have appointed novices or up and comings managers they have failed to meet expectations. Even experienced managers like SOD have struggled BUT SOD was not a winner... SC and GJ were winners and it cannot be any coincidence that stability and success has come from experience and crucially, they had that winning mentality... They also ruled the roost and fostered unquestionable team spirit. It is that which kept us up under both GJ and SC and enabled us to enjoy success. Although both ultimately ended up being relieved of their jobs... my own view is that the board failed to capitalise on the success and failed to put in place the structures around them. As a result, the managers had too much power....The current situation is desperately sad - the board clearly want LJ to succeed. They have backed him with 15 million (more than any other manager I can remember). He is failing spectacularly and he should be put out of his misery. LJ should go back to the lower leagues and learn his craft.. the notion that BCFC should be in the Europa League in 5 years only serves to illustrate his madness.... we have more chance of getting a crack at the JPT again! I think he has lost the players - I don't believe they are confident in the style he is setting them up and that should be no surprise. They don't respect him and his press conferences are boarding on the obscene - "we are doing a rebuilding job" - sorry LJ this was a double winning team you inherited with 15 million to supplement it! If SC had been given 15 million perhaps things would have been different.....If LJ is sacked - and I say if because there is no indication that he will be - then we must get this next appointment right and it must be someone who has experience of the championship, has a winning CV, can command the respect of the dressing room and will work within our structure.... for me those type of candidates (and I am not saying that any would want to come, but we should try) would be: Wharburton, Pearson, Hodgson, Michael O'Neill, Coleman, Davies, Brown, McCarthy. Rowett is like LJ and would be a risky appointment.

Can you edit that  and put some paragraphs in. It's a bastard to read in its current format

11 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

The reality in this sad and sorry saga is that for the first time we have a really good squad and the facilities behind the scenes.

Things should be on an upward trajectory.... problem is that we don't have the manager to utilise what he has been given.

The reason - he simply does not have the experience.

This for me was my only reservation about LJ in the first place... he had a modest record at Oldham and Barnsley.

Now, there are plenty who don't like SC (particularly towards the end of his reign), but there is no way that LJ was an upgrade on SC. SC had experience of winning things and had coached and managed across all of the divisions. He had won things - including with us (oh what a distant memory...)

The fact is that when we have appointed novices or up and comings managers they have failed to meet expectations. Even experienced managers like SOD have struggled BUT SOD was not a winner... SC and GJ were winners and it cannot be any coincidence that stability and success has come from experience and crucially, they had that winning mentality... They also ruled the roost and fostered unquestionable team spirit. It is that which kept us up under both GJ and SC and enabled us to enjoy success.

Although both ultimately ended up being relieved of their jobs... my own view is that the board failed to capitalise on the success and failed to put in place the structures around them.

As a result, the managers had too much power....

The current situation is desperately sad - the board clearly want LJ to succeed. They have backed him with 15 million (more than any other manager I can remember). He is failing spectacularly and he should be put out of his misery. LJ should go back to the lower leagues and learn his craft.. the notion that BCFC should be in the Europa League in 5 years only serves to illustrate his madness.... we have more chance of getting a crack at the JPT again!

I think he has lost the players - I don't believe they are confident in the style he is setting them up and that should be no surprise. They don't respect him and his press conferences are boarding on the obscene - "we are doing a rebuilding job" - sorry LJ this was a double winning team you inherited with 15 million to supplement it! If SC had been given 15 million perhaps things would have been different.....

If LJ is sacked - and I say if because there is no indication that he will be - then we must get this next appointment right and it must be someone who has experience of the championship, has a winning CV, can command the respect of the dressing room and will work within our structure.... for me those type of candidates (and I am not saying that any would want to come, but we should try) would be: Wharburton, Pearson, Hodgson, Michael O'Neill, Coleman, Davies, Brown, McCarthy. Rowett is like LJ and would be a risky appointment.

1 minute ago, TRL said:

Can you edit that  and put some paragraphs in. It's a bastard to read in its current format

Does that help   

;)

thats my 'Sunday Favour Of The Day' done 

:read:

1 hour ago, Dolman Block B said:

Forget Burnley,it won't be factored in-im sure Lee will get the two league games post Burnley,and have to get a minimum of three points I'd guess.

The facts speak for themselves. Have been saying this for weeks. People threw in last seasons results to try and cover over the cracks and there has been some serious head burying in the sand by the board and some fans who wanted to believe in the project, but for anyone who has spent a long time watching or being involved in the game it started to become apparent quite early on in the season that things on the pitch weren't quite right and that we stole a few wins when we actually didn't play too well. A few listed the obvious on the pitch problems and got lambasted for not supporting LJ. Now it seems that finally the last few believers are seeing the plan as a turd in glitter like the rest of us. Do I feel a sense of achievement? No. Does the majority of LJ pessimists feel happy? No. We are all cheesed off with the state we are in, believers or non-believers. There is no crystal ball and any new manager will also be a punt, but things cannot carry on as they are and it is pretty evident to most now that LJ doesn't possess the skills to turn this around.

Our run is absolutely guaranteed 100% sacking form ANYWHERE else . 

What would be difficult is finding a replacement , that is happy to work within a framework we now have. That does not mean yes man, but a modern , forward thinking coach. Pretty much everything everyone, and by everyone I mean the owner and the board, thought LJ was.  

We have an infrastructure that has spotted and signed good players, that are at the moment vastly underachieving . The mindset of the players, confidence , fragility etc all point to the need for change.  Even if we beat Sheff W , I doubt it will change the players thoughts and confidence in the manager.  

Get shot now, give Pembo the reigns for the time being while we look for a manager. I doubt SL even believes we will go down, he must however be getting twitchy and a little nervous at the thought. All he's put into the club over the last few years will be undone.

My final thought , why 2 more games? What in the previous 8 has given any hope he can turn things around ????

2 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

As much as I don't like seeing us lose, I think a heavy defeat may be for the greater good of the clubs good, the bloke in charge really does need to go he's made us into a laughing stock, even a Halifax fan took the piss out of me for my affiliation to City!

• Admin
21 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

The other very annoying thing is the Gas getting off on it tonight

No mention of their defeat

Just piss taking and want us relegated big time 

As much as I hate them and hate giving them any slight bit of material to work with, there is no doubt, were the shoe on the other foot, the sag thread would be full of us giving them some.  We can only hope that come May, we remain one division apart and kick on from there next season and they start showering us with gifts again.......

51 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

As much as I hate them and hate giving them any slight bit of material to work with, there is no doubt, were the shoe on the other foot, the sag thread would be full of us giving them some.  We can only hope that come May, we remain one division apart and kick on from there next season and they start showering us with gifts again.......

Yep, spot on mucker

Archived