IGNORED

We are "rebuilding" - LJ RB Interview

Lack of Action Man

Ok Lee, but it begs the question WHY ARE WE REBUILDING?

League 1 Champions and Football League Trophy Winners. Yes, the squad needed strengthening post SC, but this was never a total rebuild project. To make such a statement is frankly astonishing and demonstrates that you have completely misjudged the squad, the ambition of the club and your abilities as a coach/manager.

Baffled by this comment!

This is the first time listening to LJ that I thought he had run out of things to say. He kept contradicting himself. "Players need to look at themselves to get that extra few %" ..... then.... "I'm not saying anyone didn't give me 100%." 

I don't think he's lost the dressing room, but there will be a mentality amongst some of the players that they're waiting for the axe to fall. 

3 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

League 1 Champions and Football League Trophy Winners. Yes, the squad needed strengthening post SC, but this was never a total rebuild project. To make such a statement is frankly astonishing and demonstrates that you have completely misjudged the squad, the ambition of the club and your abilities as a coach/manager.

Baffled by this comment!

It does rather beg the question how many players have to be signed before the rebuilding is complete? 

Like SOD will LJ claim relegation is an opportunity? Seems like fiddling while Rome burns to me.

1 minute ago, eric04 said:

This is the first time listening to LJ that I thought he had run out of things to say. He kept contradicting himself. "Players need to look at themselves to get that extra few %" ..... then.... "I'm not saying anyone didn't give me 100%." 

I don't think he's lost the dressing room, but there will be a mentality amongst some of the players that they're waiting for the axe to fall. 

Clearly code for 'they're not trying '. Then tried to backpedal for fear the will try even less.

3 minutes ago, eric04 said:

Definitely. Can you imagine how much of a party Tomlin is going to throw?

10 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Baffled by this comment!

He's baffled himself....All that wedge and we cant buy a win!....he is rebuilding from his own rebuilding....:laugh:!...If ever anything was built on sand this is it!

1 minute ago, eric04 said:

He has sounded baffled for weeks...The players are lost on the pitch and that would mean they are lost in the dressing room....Know one knows what stunt he will pull next. Simply officially the worst series of results in our history....The facts scream lost dressing room

15 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Baffled by this comment!

Yet how many of that L1 squad have proved good enough for this level? Apart from Luke Ayling.:whistle:

9 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Yet how many of that L1 squad have proved good enough for this level? Apart from Luke Ayling.:whistle:

Letting Ayling go has proven to be a colossal error.

Not sure why you're back pedalling on your initial reply to my post... are you baffled as well? :dunno:

Fact of the matter is, LJ has said in his interview that we are rebuilding. After taking a solid 14 points from our first ten league matches how have we ended up in a situation where a rebuild overhaul of the squad is needed?

I think he just overcomplicates a simple game . As many have said we have a talented squad of footballers who look completely lost as a team when they cross the white line .

We should be doing much better , could not do any worse ,

First half , today we did a containing job on Forest but in the second half LJ changed it to go for the win . Brave ? or foolhardy ?

I think there has been too much emphasis on ' staying in the game ' to the detriment of direct attacking football . I can understand why because we have been very naieve in the recent past and got walloped but the pendulum has swung too far now .

Why did n't we go for the jugular against Forest ? I'm sure they would have crumbled after the first goal . Instead they grew in confidence the longer the match stayed goalless.

Without defending LJ because I'm not but the club is rebuilding. Rebuilding or not you can't lose 8 on the trot with a team that stayed up comfortably in the end last season and invested more for this season. If we were sitting in 15th and 35 points or whatever and our last 8 we had 2 wins and 2 draws then I'd be all for supporting the manager. That isn't reality however. The club is rebuilding but LJ is tearing down new foundations already to put up new ones. 

Archived