IGNORED

LJ - it's a timid dressing room

Big Red Rich

Someone just sack this clown all he does is talk openly about weaknesses in the dressing room - with coaches like him who needs opponents. These are all just clumsy covers for his own inability.

They all look capable enough to me and have all been capable enough in prior teams - it's LJ tactics that suck the life or belief out of the team and give them zero ability to attack in any numbers. This is the great charade of Johnson - he keeps putting it down to the players but we are singularly defeated by our own total lack of attacking tactics or ability to take hold of the game. It's all on you LJ, shut up about the players, it's just embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

Someone just sack this clown all he does is talk openly about weaknesses in the dressing room - with coaches like him who needs opponents. These are all just clumsy covers for his own inability.

They all look capable enough to me and have all been capable enough in prior teams - it's LJ tactics that suck the life or belief out of the team and give them zero ability to attack in any numbers. This is the great charade of Johnson - he keeps putting it down to the players but we are singularly defeated by our own total lack of attacking tactics or ability to take hold of the game. It's all on you LJ, shut up about the players, it's just embarrassing.

Nail

On

Head

Multiple Likes

3 minutes ago, Olé said:

Where's the anger in the man? Where's the inspiration?

Maybe it's not in his DNA? 

We have a player that's played in the champs league (Hegeler), 2x players who've been in promotion after promotion (GON and Alby), one of the best teenagers in the country (Tammy), and a player who won player of the year for a team who're now in the premiership (Tomlin). Doesn't sound like a timid bunch to me. Sounds like a bout of mismanagement...

26 minutes ago, Olé said:

Yes if ever a team was there to go and attack it was this Forest side.

The club in total meltdown and on a run nearly as bad as ours.

It was the day to grab the bull by the horns and go for it. What did we have to loose for f.... sake!!

Instead we go with 3 center backs,two fullbacks and two defensive midfielders.

Leaving Paterson as our playmaker.

Two strikers that would get no support in and around the box.

Even Baker on the radio (who will never say a bad word about the performance) was moaning that every header won was then cleared by a Forest head.

This had to be the game for Johnson to go for it but he bottled it, and instead of going for it set the side up for us to hopefully pinch a goal and hang on.

Shame that he chose to go out on a whimper rather than a bang!!

34 minutes ago, petehinton said:

We have a player that's played in the champs league (Hegeler), 2x players who've been in promotion after promotion (GON and Alby), one of the best teenagers in the country (Tammy), and a player who won player of the year for a team who're now in the premiership (Tomlin). Doesn't sound like a timid bunch to me. Sounds like a bout of mismanagement...

Flint would certainly have something to say, Pack too I think could have his say intelligently and Magnusson is also a confident speaker not in his native language.

im not sure if Johnson isn't mistaking 'timid' for 'switched off'

So what about Pemberton, he should be revving the players up and getting them mentally ready 

I won't have this timid shit, application, effort and teamwork is the bare minimum for any professional team and we are lacking in a couple of those areas at the moment

41 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Where's the anger in the man? Where's the inspiration?

Maybe it's not in his DNA? 

I get the impression that LJ, as a footballer since the 2000s hasn't ever had an experiance where he has had to dig deep and find strength required to truely get angry and form a plan from that anger - its always going to be iteration rather than revolution with some who doesn't actually need this job.

1 hour ago, City37 said:

Lee sounded down and out - timid dressing room, and admitted players not giving all.  

It must be difficult giving interviews after such a horrendous run but that was awful, surely SL and MA hearing that must do the right thing for the club and Lee.

It is timid because the players must see him as a dead man walking. I sense that they dont want to be the one to drop the rickett that finally gets him sacked. New boss in and quick kick up the ass all round required

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

at least Cotts used to blame the pitch…

Well, what he didn't do (in public) was slag his players off.

That probably explains why a far weaker squad under him were all seen by us to be giving everything, even when they lacked quality or depth.

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Well, what he didn't do (in public) was slag his players off.

That probably explains why a far weaker squad under him were all seen by us to be giving everything, even when they lacked quality or depth.

Agree Graham 

Been saying it for weeks

I think his Post Match Reaction at Sheffield Weds when he absolutely slaughtered (The Popular) ROD , was the to start of losing the respect of the dressing room

He hasn't learnt a thing since , - comes out in the last couple of weeks about how great the players are in attitude , no rifts blah blah blah (Clearly to paper over the very public stories telling a different story) and then comes out taking little swipes at players post match again today

Clueless , in all respects

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agree Graham 

Been saying it for weeks

I think his Post Match Reaction at Sheffield Weds when he absolutely slaughtered ROD was The to start of losing the respect of the dressing room

He hasn't learnt a thing since , - comes out in the last couple of weeks about how great the players are in attitude , no rifts blah blah blah (Clearly to paper over the very public stories telling a different story) and then comes out taking little swipes at players post match again today

The irony is of course that Cotterill was vilified as some sort of dinosaur whereas LJ is meant to be a modern thinking "head coach", what bollocks!

Cotterill stood by his players and whilst a number of them probably weren't good enough, they gave him everything.

We all know that LJ has lost the respect of several of his squad and alienated a couple of others, what sort of man management is that? 

Just now, GrahamC said:

The irony is of course that Cotterill was vilified as some sort of dinosaur whereas LJ is meant to be a modern thinking "head coach", what bollocks!

Cotterill stood by his players and whilst a number of them probably weren't good enough, they gave him everything.

We all know that LJ has lost the respect of several of his squad and alienated a couple of others, what sort of man management is that? 

They gave him everything. In his rigid, inflexible formation. 

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Flint would certainly have something to say, Pack too I think could have his say intelligently and Magnusson is also a confident speaker not in his native language.

im not sure if Johnson isn't mistaking 'timid' for 'switched off'

Great shout RedM.

Smells very much like that. 

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agree Graham 

Been saying it for weeks

I think his Post Match Reaction at Sheffield Weds when he absolutely slaughtered (The Popular) ROD , was the to start of losing the respect of the dressing room

Said it too, that's where this drip drip loss of confidence in LJ began from the squad.

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Is this**** fo real?

Yes. The question was something like "what's the changing room like, lots of shouting and screaming etc" and the response included the words "a timid dressing room". 

Johnson was a bang average footballer and a dreadful manager. Get rid asap.

Archived