IGNORED

Players are still playing for the manager

allyolly

Observing their reactions and looks of devastation when we've lost I don't see any sign that the players are not giving their all for our club and Lee Johnson. I think they still have belief and are totally behind him. That to me will be a far bigger factor in SL's mind when making any difficult decisions. 

3 minutes ago, allyolly said:

Observing their reactions and looks of devastation when we've lost I don't see any sign that the players are not giving their all for our club and Lee Johnson. I think they still have belief and are totally behind him. That to me will be a far bigger factor in SL's mind when making any difficult decisions. 

What difficult decision?

I agree to the extent that I think the players sent out on any given day are doing their best.

We are patently not building a settled team that knows what they have to do, however. If anything, the last couple of games I have seen, players look over coached, scared of being out of position, nervous etc. It is not just the results. We are as a team playing really poor football at the moment. No tempo, no width, no attacking momentum, just shot.

Something has to change. 

9 minutes ago, allyolly said:

The biggest factor in making the "difficult" decision is we have lost 8 games in a row. 

Whether the players are playing for him is irrelevant, managers are judged on results and possibly the resources that have given to get these results. Unfortunately for LJ, he has been given all the help needed.

90% of managers in the Championship must look on with envy at the money LJ has spent on players. 

Forest made the difficult decision a couple of weeks ago in sacking their manager, their managerless side was still capable of beating us!

2 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

The biggest factor in making the "difficult" decision is we have lost 8 games in a row. 

Whether the players are playing for him is irrelevant,

managers are judged on results and possibly the resources that have given to get these results. Unfortunately for LJ, he has been given all the help needed.

90% of managers in the Championship must look on with envy at the money LJ has spent on players. 

Forest made the difficult decision a couple of weeks ago in sacking their manager, their managerless side was still capable of beating us!

Don't agree here PB 

Think the two are intrinsically linked 

:thumbsup:

40 minutes ago, allyolly said:

God help him when they don't play for him then!.

1 hour ago, allyolly said:

LJ talking about chocolate bars and extra pints on radio seems to imply that he thinks some are not doing it.

The bloke is looking for excuses. The players are simply lost. 

Yet LJ's comments clearly imply they are not trying hard enough in his opinion.

If they are still playing for him and following his instructions, that is a good sign that they are dedicated professionals.

However, even if that is true, if the instructions they are dedicatedly following lead us to be toothless and lose; what use is that?

What it also means is that if we get a new person in, they will have a bunch of dedicated pros to work with. 

Only positive.

For me the thought of dropping out of the championship would. Be fear enough.   

On 21/01/2017 at 17:56, allyolly said:

I've played in a team for a manager we had zero faith in. It didnt stop us being upset every time we lost, or not giving our all on the pitch. No one stepped foot on that pitch wanting to lose.

44 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I've played in a team for a manager we had zero faith in. It didnt stop us being upset every time we lost, or not giving our all on the pitch. No one stepped foot on that pitch wanting to lose.

Yes but stepping foot knowing you'll lose is much worse

Just now, hay dens party said:

evidence?

was a big thread on here, and a few "ITKs" confirmed that something was said along the lines of "if you take me off I'll knock you out"

Not sure how they obtained that info.

As for going behind LJs back I think that seems to be quite common knowledge around the club as quite a few on here are aware of it and I've been told it by someone who coaches one of the youth teams.

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

was a big thread on here, and a few "ITKs" confirmed that something was said along the lines of "if you take me off I'll knock you out"

Not sure how they obtained that info.

As for going behind LJs back I think that seems to be quite common knowledge around the club as quite a few on here are aware of it and I've been told it by someone who coaches one of the youth teams.

Witnessed by his teammates , the bench , non playing staff and hundreds of supporters (Mainly Huddersfield fans)

Archived