IGNORED

Still More Signings

Port Said Red

The news statement on the Orr signing contains the statement that "Brian identified two strikers and a midfield player as his requirements".

I am still worried that we are a goalkeeper light. Even a season long loan deal for an upcoming prem keeper qwould be preferable to having Stowell on the bench, it seems false economy to have him doing both jobs (cover and coaching).

Additionally, if Aaron Brown leaves does this mean that Darren Hawkins gets up the pecking order or will Woodman be playing down the left? A left sided midfield player would seem to be required.

It doesn't look as if McClean wil be signing if you read the EP so Tinnion must have other strikers in mind.

Apart from Miller the currant City front men are all in the "small but quick" catagory so he's probably got a target man in mind if McClean fails to join City.

Steve Howard would be a good candidate.

It doesn't look as if McClean wil be signing if you read the EP so Tinnion must have other strikers in mind.

Please don't believe the rubbish in the EP, MacLean has stated he will talk with both clubs then make a decision (the EP is just filling space). MacLean is due down on Wednesday with his agent Trevor Stevens.

People are questioning this signing but at the end of the day if this is Tinmans number one target please lets put our faith in our manager. :whistle:

I am still worried that we are a goalkeeper light. Even a season long loan deal for an upcoming prem keeper qwould be preferable to having Stowell on the bench, it seems false economy to have him doing both jobs (cover and coaching).

Additionally, if Aaron Brown leaves does this mean that Darren Hawkins gets up the pecking order or will Woodman be playing down the left? A left sided midfield player would seem to be required.

I think a new keeper can be easily acquired if injuries or suspensions happen. Don't think we need to have him for a whole year just in case. I think it is good sense to have the older players performing tow roles and earning their money, rather than it being a false economy.

Also with wingbacks I guess we already have two of those so a left sided midfielder in the three would not necessarily have to be a winger type.

Not at £500k, he isn't.

No-one would pay that much for him and any interseted club would not be put off by such a ridiculous asking price.Luton would let him go for half that if reasonable sell-on clauses and appearance fees were included in the deal.

Midfield.

Since beginning of last season: Clist, Hulbert, McGuire, Burnell(?),(Caskey) and Aaron Brown out. Plus Tinman to reduce apps.

Even with Orr and Murray, still looks very light with Wilkshire away and an injury or two.

No-one would pay that much for him and any interseted club would not be put off by such a ridiculous asking price.Luton would let him go for half that if reasonable sell-on clauses and appearance fees were included in the deal.

Maybe, but they turned down a £300k bid from Sheffield Wednesday.

Guest Pjj171086

Do we really need to sign a goalie ??? - surely one is emerging from the academy and Phillips hasn't missed a game in years !!!

Also - we won't be playing wingers if we play 3-5-2 and will use wing-backs and we have a fair number of players who can play in those positions (I Hope)!!!

Whether we play 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 what I want to know is who is cover for Doherty if he was injured/suspended ?

All our other central midfielders seem to be more attack minded (good) rather than natural choices for the "holding role" now that Burnell has gone (also good) which seems to leave only the "new Viera" Clayton Fortune. Orr's an attacking midfielder who can tackle apparently , could he do it ?

Whether we play 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 what I want to know is who is cover for Doherty if he was injured/suspended ?

All our other central midfielders seem to be more attack minded (good) rather than natural choices for the "holding role" now that Burnell has gone (also good) which seems to leave only the "new Viera" Clayton Fortune. Orr's an attacking midfielder who can tackle apparently , could he do it ?

Good point. I think that Orr stepped into play centre back as well so can hopefully tackle. So we have both Orr and Fortune. Are their any others coming though?

Good point. I think that Orr stepped into play centre back as well so can hopefully tackle. So we have both Orr and Fortune. Are their any others coming though?

Ryan Harley, an excellent young player who has been given a pro contract. He can play pretty much anywhere, but could be a real midfield prospect if he continues to develop. It'll also be interesting to see how Darren Hawkins does this year, he can play in the middle or wide, and he'll be looking to break into the first team as he enters his second year as a pro having spent a lot of last season out on loan..

Ryan Harley, an excellent young player who has been given a pro contract. He can play pretty much anywhere, but could be a real midfield prospect if he continues to develop. It'll also be interesting to see how Darren Hawkins does this year, he can play in the middle or wide, and he'll be looking to break into the first team as he enters his second year as a pro having spent a lot of last season out on loan..

Thanks dave,

Their both quite small players aren't they? Not that Tommy is tall but he has a large presence that would be hard to replace with skinny 'uns.

Thanks dave,

Their both quite small players aren't they? Not that Tommy is tall but he has a large presence that would be hard to replace with skinny 'uns.

Both young yet too. Every so often you get an outstanding player like Rooney who can play with men at the age of 17, but these young lads are still developing physically and will be pitched in with some right hard barstewards -particulalry in midfield. That's why you have to bring them on gradually.

Having said that, Harley has that rare quality of always seeming to have plenty of time on the ball (at reserve level anyway), despite not being blessed with great pace. He has two good feet and great vision too.

There. That's probably the kiss of death for the poor lad.

Both young yet too. Every so often you get an outstanding player like Rooney who can play with men at the age of 17, but these young lads are still developing physically and will be pitched in with some right hard barstewards -particulalry in midfield. That's why you have to bring them on gradually.

Having said that, Harley has that rare quality of always seeming to have plenty of time on the ball (at reserve level anyway), despite not being blessed with great pace. He has two good feet and great vision too.

There. That's probably the kiss of death for the poor lad.

You might just as well say that he will be worth ten million within a few years!!

Archived