IGNORED

I'm done. ...

Andy082005

1 minute ago, Midred said:

How about the players remember that they are paid by the club and not by the manager/head coach. Will they suddenly remember how to play again like they did 12 months ago if Lee goes?

With a different manager giving less confusing instructions, picking a settled team and formation, and not trying to be clever clever by over complicating the game to the extent where it becomes almost unplayable for the players, I've little doubt we'd look twice the team overnight.

14 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Not shot down by me Andy, I was of the same opinion he should of never got the job , ******* joke of an appointment from day one and I and many others who know football are with you.

Its just a shame that the happy clappers and modern experts are now slowly realising the inevitable.

Funny how some take such delight in saying "I told you so" and revel in the opportunity to show much cleverer they apparently are than the rest of us. You'd get on well with Londoner.

Whilst Johnson's appointment was very few people's first choice, I'd say the most intelligent response by people who "know football" was to give him in a chance, in the knowledge that no one can ever know with any certainty how a managerial appointment will turn out in advance - rather than dismiss it as a "joke of an appointment from day one".

You would presumably have come to the same conclusion about Eddie Howe when he was first appointed as a rookie manager at Bournemouth.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Funny how some take such delight in saying "I told you so" and revel in the opportunity to show much cleverer they apparently are than the rest of us. You'd get on well with Londoner.

Whilst Johnson's appointment was very few people's first choice, I'd say the most intelligent response by people who "know football" was to give him in a chance, in the knowledge that no one can ever know with any certainty how a managerial appointment will turn out in advance - rather than dismiss it as a "joke of an appointment from day one".

You would presumably have come to the same conclusion about Eddie Howe when he was first appointed as a rookie manager at Bournemouth.

You're right, we weren't in a position to be choosy last year, and it seemed an appropriate appointment at the time.  There were pros and cons to his appointment. Ultimately is hasn't worked out.

I'm saddened to see people take so much pleasure in seeing the team and LJ fail in order to be 'proven right all along'.

I'm genuinely sad it hasn't worked out and genuinely sad we've lost 8 in a row but obviously some aren't.

I really really hope that no players or manager ever read this forum for the absolute 'I told you so', 'I know better' hindsight warriors who revel in rubbing it in people's faces who are doing their level best for the club. 

If that's the case. We are Bristol City. We shall forever underachieve.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I don't think many are doing that, but alot of us did say pre-appointment that it was completely unfathomable and could see almost no chance of it succeeding.

Having said that we also said we would get behind LJ once appointed, and, speaking for myself, have stuck to that until relatively recently.

Forum kudos for being 'proved right' really isn't important; the fact the club seemed intent, by LJ's extraordinary appointment, on almost inevitably putting us fans through yet another miserable period of poor results, depressing the fanbase yet again, and taking all enjoyment out of watching City was uppermost in my thoughts when I made my negative pre appointment comments.

No one can take any pleasure in being 'proved right' when it comes to forecasting managerial failure dictating the near certainty of a period of genuine gloom for City and all us supporters, but really such an outcome from LJ's appointment was utterly predictable.

That gloom can only be lifted now by putting right the wrong of LJ's disastrous appointment, and the sooner the better.

No one needs to be crowing about how clever they were it if it happens, but it MUST happen.

56 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Theres a difference between LJ and EH's appointments. EH was at Bournemouth when he was first appointed their manager. LJ was in another job and was headhunted. Bournemouth were skint and struggling when EH was appointed, whereas we were a recently promoted Championship side that were one or two players short of being a decent side. Plus, we have an owner who ( if he really wanted to ) could afford to 'try' and bring in nearly any other football league manager who was employed at the time.

The reality is, no other Championship club would have taken LJ as their manager, it was all because he had played for us and the owner likes him as a person. 

When SC was sacked I don't think anyone on this forum actually thought for one moment that LJ would be our next manager, every out of work manager's  name was mentioned, but no one thought we would go for a mid table league one manager who was employed at the time. 

LJ had only left us as a player about 3-4 years before, it was bloody obvious that in those 3-4 years he hadn't magically  gone from a decent ( but limited) midfielder in the football league, to this super duper modern coach that we were being told he had suddenly become. 

1 hour ago, KingLear said:

I'm saddened to see people take so much pleasure in seeing the team and LJ fail in order to be 'proven right all along'.

I'm genuinely sad it hasn't worked out and genuinely sad we've lost 8 in a row but obviously some aren't.

I really really hope that no players or manager ever read this forum for the absolute 'I told you so', 'I know better' hindsight warriors who revel in rubbing it in people's faces who are doing their level best for the club. 

There are a few who are taking pleasure in LJ's failure. I'm not one of them, even though I feel he now has to go.

Lets be realistic though, LJ as a player split the fan base down the middle 50/50. Some blamed him for everything,some fully supported him.

So it was bloody obvious he would always be on shaky ground when he became our manager, we all knew ( yes everyone of us ) that his first bad run of results would open up the divide once again. Unfortunatly this bad run is worse than anyone could have imagined.

Just now, Portland Bill said:

There are a few who are taking pleasure in LJ's failure. I'm not one of them, even though I feel he now has to go.

Lets be realistic though, LJ as a player split the fan base down the middle 50/50. Some blamed him for everything,some fully supported him.

So it was bloody obvious he would always be on shaky ground when he became our manager, we all knew ( yes everyone of us ) that his first bad run of results would open up the divide once again. 

Absolutely right and it's a shame that those who disliked him as a player would never have given him a fair crack as manager.

If he gets the chop then none of us can argue, the worst run of form in our history. Massive shame as it all looked so good earlier in the season.

20 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Theres a difference between LJ and EH's appointments. EH was at Bournemouth when he was first appointed their manager. LJ was in another job and was headhunted. Bournemouth were skint and struggling when EH was appointed, whereas we were a recently promoted Championship side that were one or two players short of being a decent side. Plus, we have an owner who ( if he really wanted to ) could afford to 'try' and bring in nearly any other football league manager who was employed at the time.

The reality is, no other Championship club would have taken LJ as their manager, it was all because he had played for us and the owner likes him as a person. 

When SC was sacked I don't think anyone on this forum actually thought for one moment that LJ would be our next manager, every out of work manager's  name was mentioned, but no one thought we would go for a mid table league one manager who was employed at the time. 

LJ had only left us as a player about 3-4 years before, it was bloody obvious that in those 3-4 years he hadn't magically  gone from a decent ( but limited) midfielder in the football league, to this super duper modern coach that we were being told he had suddenly become. 

Eddie Howe is in a different class to our incumbent.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I don't think many are doing that, but alot of us did say pre-appointment that it was completely unfathomable and could see almost no chance of it succeeding.

Having said that we also said we would get behind LJ once appointed, and, speaking for myself, have stuck to that until relatively recently.

Forum kudos for being 'proved right' really isn't important; the fact the club seemed intent, by LJ's extraordinary appointment, on almost inevitably putting us fans through yet another miserable period of poor results, depressing the fanbase yet again, and taking all enjoyment out of watching City was uppermost in my thoughts when I made my negative pre appointment comments.

No one can take any pleasure in being 'proved right' when it comes to forecasting managerial failure dictating the near certainty of a period of genuine gloom for City and all us supporters, but really such an outcome from LJ's appointment was utterly predictable.

That gloom can only be lifted now by putting right the wrong of LJ's disastrous appointment, and the sooner the better.

No one needs to be crowing about how clever they were it if it happens, but it MUST happen.

Fine margins.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Not at all his view has at least been consistent.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

You're right, we weren't in a position to be choosy last year, and it seemed an appropriate appointment at the time.  There were pros and cons to his appointment. Ultimately is hasn't worked out.

Well that wasn't the message from saint Mark Ashton before and after the appointment, but hey perhaps he was bullshitting of course.

Strange post, the first and last sentences are at complete odds with each other, especially given the hailing of the new professional revolution supposedly under way at BCFC and the amount of money invested in players.

I don't take pleasure! If I wanted to take take pleasure, then I'd support some other side. I think 99.5% of our fanbase take no pleasure in the utter fuckwittery that is normal for Bristol City FC. I want a relatively successful side to follow (God knows I've seen some shit times), the odd cup run, and maybe holding our own in the Championship/ lower Prem.

Just now, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Strange post, the first and last sentences are at complete odds with each other, especially given the hailing of the new professional revolution supposedly under way at BCFC and the amount of money invested in players.

How are they at odds with eachother? People want to be proven that they were right even if that means we lose on the pitch - therefore we shall never move forward as a club. Think they match up pretty well to be honest.

Just now, KingLear said:

How are they at odds with eachother? People want to be proven that they were right even if that means we lose on the pitch - therefore we shall never move forward as a club. Think they match up pretty well to be honest.

The person who started this thread traveled all the way to Nottingham, do you actually believe he made that journey in the hope that they would lose?.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

The person who started this thread traveled all the way to Nottingham, do you actually believe he made that journey in the hope that they would lose?.

I don't believe that anyone who calls themselves a fan would ever want us to lose, at least I hope not! But you must have seen the thread entitled 'I hope we lose tonight' that went up during the week? It's indivduals like that who I'm talking about and yes I'm aware that it wasn't the OP who started that thread. I didn't want to start yet another thread on the matter, think there's enough of those to go around as it is.

8 minutes ago, KingLear said:

I don't believe that anyone who calls themselves a fan would ever want us to lose, at least I hope not! But you must have seen the thread entitled 'I hope we lose tonight' that went up during the week? It's indivduals like that who I'm talking about and yes I'm aware that it wasn't the OP who started that thread. I didn't want to start yet another thread on the matter, think there's enough of those to go around as it is.

Ah OK fair enough you appended your answer to the wrong post, so you must understand mine and others confusion.

3 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

So it was bloody obvious he would always be on shaky ground when he became our manager, we all knew ( yes everyone of us ) that his first bad run of results would open up the divide once again. Unfortunatly this bad run is worse than anyone could have imagined.

No one takes "pleasure"

What aneeds idiotic comment .

5 hours ago, Midred said:

How about the players remember that they are paid by the club and not by the manager/head coach. Will they suddenly remember how to play again like they did 12 months ago if Lee goes?

The answer is yes. Until they decide they want rid of the next one. If you're looking for signs of personal responsibility and ethical behaviour don't start with footballers.

Archived