IGNORED

Will Lansdown pull the trigger?

stephenkibby.

I know most has been covered.

Nearly to a man now (apart from flat earthers it seems) everybody knows to carry on is sheer madness and almost certain drop to play the Rovers next season.

So dose Steve still believe that Johnson has this master plan to turn it around, or will he sack him?

After this incredible run it appears he won't.

So is there a tipping point or is Lansdown so transfixed that if we loose the next 10 games Johnson will still be in charge?

OK ill answer that myself.

I think the only way he's going is if we loose the next two games, witch is more than likely.

And then I think Lee will do thing most would want and fall on his sword!!

Just now, MarkRed! said:

SL needs to grow a pair and sack this idiot.... It is clear all is not well and I am afraid LJ has not taken his chance. He has had the resources and failed. Get rid before its too late....get in an experienced manager instead and someone with pedigree. 

Agreed he's had his chance. Feels like we're trying to make a ballet dancer out of Geoff Capes now. 

Just now, Londoner said:

No cant see it happening. I have mo doubt MA is ruthless but also knows baf appointments will ultimately lead to his demise.....but like a medievil  court tbh.

SL loves LJ, MA knows he has limited chances so they will leave it as late as possible.

Christ! If you really are an academic, it's no wonder this country's so f-d up!

3 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

I really can't see LJ going. 

Bristol City is a wonderful football club with such fantastic potential, We're attracting nearly 20,000 fans to home games this season and for the first time in my lifetime i truly believed that we could be seeing a change of fortunes.. We seem to be getting it right in the scouting department to be fair and have been making some really decent signings, is it fair to say we have the most talented squad we've ever had?

The problem IMO is always the poor appointment of a manager who may be easy to manage (Maybe not Cotts)...

So heres a question for Steve Lansdown......When are we seriously going to shell out on a top, top manager who can take this club forward to where it deserves to be?... Its all thats missing!!

SL isn't an idiot and he has generally known the right time to pull the trigger (the exception being McInnes when he left it too late). I can't see why this should be any different.

The big danger is that LJ gets the Rotherham game and we somehow get a win (although I wouldn't even be confident about that) but then get hammered in the following tough games. By then it will probably be too late to pull out of the tailspin.

I guess there's a substantial pay-off that might increase our owner's patience, plus the signing on of another gaffer.

Also, if MA hasn't identified suitable replacements yet, maybe SL is holding tight for the right person to show interest behind the scenes.

Maybe they don't trust Pembo as a caretaker.

Just some ideas.

23 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Bristol City is a wonderful football club with such fantastic potential, We're attracting nearly 20,000 fans to home games this season and for the first time in my lifetime i truly believed that we could be seeing a change of fortunes.. We seem to be getting it right in the scouting department to be fair and have been making some really decent signings, is it fair to say we have the most talented squad we've ever had?

The problem IMO is always the poor appointment of a manager who may be easy to manage (Maybe not Cotts)...

So heres a question for Steve Lansdown......When are we seriously going to shell out on a top, top manager who can take this club forward to where it deserves to be?... Its all thats missing!!

Ok, I'll bite. I'd like to see your list of 'top, top managers' or even the 'top, top manager' if there's only one on your list.

I guarantee that you have no absolute idea if your 'top, top manager' could do the business at BCFC.

As ever, it's a turkey shoot.

1 minute ago, Malbec said:

Ok, I'll bite. I'd like to see your list of 'top, top managers' or even the 'top, top manager' if there's only one on your list.

I guarantee that you have no absolute idea if your 'top, top manager' could do the business at BCFC.

As ever, it's a turkey shoot.

No your right i have no idea who "The correct Manager" is.... spending more money though certainly gives us a better chance thats for dam sure....

29 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Not for at least 3 more games.

The FA-CUP game against Burnley doesn't really matter too much (Cue Andre Gray:()

The HOMES v Wednesday and Rotherham MASSIVE. 4 points minimum and he may hang on? 

What makes you believe that we'll get four points from those two? Get real everyone, we could not win a raffle with only one ticket in it. The most expensive squad in our history and we're doomed to drop down.

29 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

No your right i have no idea who "The correct Manager" is.... spending more money though certainly gives us a better chance thats for dam sure....

Well, you may be right but I've been drinking all night so what do I know.

However (you knew that was coming right :))... if spending money on a manager was the prime criteria for hiring said manager, explain the s*gs and their manager.

See I have this theory, long held and subject to no quantifying scrutiny whatsoever, that there are managers that 'fit' (for want of a better word) certain clubs.

Look at Pulis. Absolute ***** here and Portsmouth and yet a success in the Prem with WBA.

Look at at Eddie Howe, great at B'muff, ***** at Burnley, great at B'muff.

Look at Guardiola. Success everywhere until he turns up at MC . (Although that could ultimately change but are the owners prepared to afford him the time?)

The list is endless. That's why I say, 'it's a turkey shoot'.

(The following is a personal opinion). I don't believe that anyone knows who the best manager/head coach is for BCFC. Whoever is appointed has a 50/50 chance of being the right person.

Sack LJ and the next guy through the door (Rowett?) could prove to be an abject failure. He may, however, prove to be the right fit. Trouble is, no-one including SL knows for sure.

We either subscribe to the philosophy of backing our managers 100% (no matter what) or go the Cellino route of hire 'n' fire until you strike lucky.

To be honest I've no idea which is the correct way but then I don't own a football club.

Archived