IGNORED

He wont be sacked.

Londoner

15 minutes ago, JammyOne said:

I don't want him to be sacked and I don't think he'll be sacked. He's only half way in to the process of building a Championship team, up until this transfer window we had pretty much a league 1 side. I say keep the faith.

Is that a joke????? Did you see our squad prior to jan!!! Incredible!!!

18 hours ago, BS3_RED said:

Do you know what really worries more than our position in the table and losing 8 straight.......the fact that you are probably right and take out SL's money, his time in charge of this club has been on the whole a failure and it will probably get no better in the next few years due to the constant changing of strategy. Nearly £100m wasted ( not including the stadium money) over several years on what?

Fortunately, he has at least written it off himself by gaining shares in the club ( not great if you were a shareholder though as your shares and been seriously devalued over the process).

This puts it across perfectly.  Take away SL's money and what's left?

Have we really grown the supporter base? Have we developed a sustainable business model so we don't need to rely on charity? Have we developed a strategy which differentiates us from other clubs with financial and geographical advantage over us?

I don't think we've done any of these things so in many ways we have gone backwards.  We will, in perpetuity, be a club reliant on a rich benefactor. And I worry that won't end well.

16 minutes ago, JammyOne said:

I don't want him to be sacked and I don't think he'll be sacked. He's only half way in to the process of building a Championship team, up until this transfer window we had pretty much a league 1 side. I say keep the faith.

We will have a very expensive L1 side, come August, if we don't turn things around.

1 minute ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Have we really grown the supporter base? Have we developed a sustainable business model so we don't need to rely on charity? Have we developed a strategy which differentiates us from other clubs with financial and geographical advantage over us?

I don't think we've done any of these things so in many ways we have gone backwards.  We will, in perpetuity, be a club reliant on a rich benefactor. And I worry that won't end well.

If a resignation was announced today, would you prefer it to be SL or LJ? 

Just now, Rednwhiterob said:

Not an easy task for a new manager. That's what often leads to consecutive relegation; having to manage a clear out.

I know this is what concerns me! Wasn't long ago Mcinnis was ridding the side of coppells rubbish and then remember SOD having to cut out the rubbish even more leaving us bottom of LG1! 

Trykng to be positive but we are only a few steps from being there again 

13 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Let's not let our current form cloud our thoughts yea?

We now have a stadium that wouldn't be out of place in the premiership.

We are getting around 20k each home game. Before SL took over I remember us once getting 6k for a home league game against Colchester on a Tuesday night I think?

I would argue that we are now seeing my families at Ashton Gate and as our corporate facilities have improved we are now also attracting fans with a bit of money.

No football club is ever going to be self sustainable. I don't know about all the financial workings of Bristol Sport but Ashton Gate is now a venue that hosts events throughout the week and now on a matchday fans are now spending a considerable amount more at the stadium. 

It's clear to see we have developed a strategy. Buy players with potential and improve them and sell them on. This is basically year one of that strategy, it's very unlikely we will see instant results in a long term project. Just because we havnt seen instant results in year one doesn't mean we won't see results moving forward.

Off the pitch we are light years away from where we were only a short few years ago. To overlook that based on our current form is damn right ridiculous. 

40 minutes ago, JammyOne said:

up until this transfer window we had pretty much a league 1 side. I say keep the faith.

In July last year, LJ told the Post:

"It was no secret that we were a couple of windows behind, and I think we've just about caught up now." Lee also said, "the club has done well to acquire the services of some really good players."

So your view, above, and LJ's are some way apart. And we have had four more players in in this window since then, too.

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

We are getting around 20k each home game. Before SL took over I remember us once getting 6k for a home league game against Colchester on a Tuesday night I think?

I would argue that we are now seeing my families at Ashton Gate and as our corporate facilities have improved we are now also attracting fans with a bit of money.

No football club is ever going to be self sustainable. I don't know about all the financial workings of Bristol Sport but Ashton Gate is now a venue that hosts events throughout the week and now on a matchday fans are now spending a considerable amount more at the stadium. 

It's clear to see we have developed a strategy. Buy players with potential and improve them and sell them on. This is basically year one of that strategy, it's very unlikely we will see instant results in a long term project. Just because we havnt seen instant results in year one doesn't mean we won't see results moving forward.

Off the pitch we are light years away from where we were only a short few years ago. To overlook that based on our current form is damn right ridiculous. 

Hope you're proven right UTC.

39 minutes ago, JammyOne said:

I don't want him to be sacked and I don't think he'll be sacked.

He's only half way in to the process of building a Championship team,

up until this transfer window we had pretty much a league 1 side. I say keep the faith.

Fair point Sir

Only another 17 or 18 new signings to go then .......

Patience everybody , patience , the project is in progress

IMG_1818.JPG

45 minutes ago, JammyOne said:

He said it would take two transfer windows which he's had and guess what, we're now going backwards! 

2 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Hope you're proven right UTC.

So do I, however it's very doubtful!

8 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

We will be lucky to get 6k with the dross we are playing. Long ball rubbish will not get us out of league one, let alone keep us in the championship, I can't for the life of me remember such shite being served up under a City manager over the 35 years I've been watching City, this is worse than Pulis!!!

48 minutes ago, JammyOne said:

That team smashed League One.

Gross failure by SC, LJ and the board since then leads to our current position.

50 minutes ago, JammyOne said:

Extremely difficult to build a Championship team when in the Championship. It will be even more difficult to do that when in League 1!

There will be triggers in most of the squads contracts so they will be able to leave if we go down. That isn't back to square one, that is worse than square one.

The squad yesterday looks to me like a decent Championship outfit. It is not working so there has to be a reason? Or is that too simplistic?

1 minute ago, Real Red said:

Imagine if we lost to Sheff Wed then Rotherham and the board then sacked LJ. The new manager would come in to face four away games in a row. Derby, Leeds, Newcastle and Aston Villa,  Good luck !!!

But who knows what might happen with someone else in? Might change our fortunes and get the players working harder for their spot in the starting 11.

2 minutes ago, Real Red said:

Imagine if we lost to Sheff Wed then Rotherham and the board then sacked LJ. The new manager would come in to face four away games in a row. Derby, Leeds, Newcastle and Aston Villa,  Good luck !!!

Rotherham has to be the game where he will go if we don't win. Its a home game which I just can't see the majority in attendance will be able to swallow another defeat to another poor team. I will be there but am already dreading it but I will be supporting the team no matter what.

2 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Rotherham has to be the game where he will go if we don't win. Its a home game which I just can't see the majority in attendance will be able to swallow another defeat to another poor team. I will be there but am already dreading it but I will be supporting the team no matter what.

No he has to go now

9 minutes ago, Londoner said:

No he has to go now

But he isn't going anywhere...... yet!

12 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Archived