IGNORED

Next home game...

Dastardly and Muttley

6 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

I didn't want his to become a should LJ stay or go thread, there's enough of those already.

It's about protest or not and if so, what protest.

Apologies D&M, i just can't believe some of the drivel on here at times.

In answer to your question I have suggested the type of protest that I think should be adopted if indeed one does go ahead. 

As for whether we should protest; I'm on the fence on that one...depends on what the club 'does' between now and next Tuesday. And by that I don't necessarily mean sack LJ but the content of any press releases / statements.

5 minutes ago, WestonRobin said:

So, your whole basis on us avoiding relegation with LJ at the helm is:

1) There are worse teams / squads 

2) This run can't last

3) We have a decent squad

Wow, just wow...nothing of any substance at all; just blind faith.

Nothing of substance in your opinion. Your welcome blossoms 

57 minutes ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Yeh because that's worked the past 8 games. 

Also just a heads up these ideas are to show no support of the manager. 

Firstly, I've never known a time like  in the last four games running (at least) that the opposing fans have sung " Is this a library?" which I've found deeply uncomfortable because it's been true. We only really get going at home games when we score so I'm not sure that our support has been all that vocal.

In terms of needing to "show no support" for LJ. I suspect that Mr Lansdown is blistering aware of the fan's feelings after 8 straight losses and will make his move as and when he considers appropriate. 

A protest during the match will not benefit anyone although a protest before the match did seem to help Forest.......

2 hours ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

If LJ is still here, it seems that the majority of fans have turned and want him gone. The banners appearing around AG demonstrate this quite well.

A good way of showing SL how the fans feel and how many fans feel it would be an official, unified protest. 

Perhaps, during the 8th minute, to signify the 8 losses, all fans turn their backs to the pitch with a chorus of City Till We Die ringing out around the stadium.

Supportive, demonstrative and unified. Would certainly get SL's and the media's attention if done right.

More like backs to the players with 'we want Johnson out say we want Johnson out' directly to the board. However we are the nicest fans in the country when it comes to this kind of thing. 

1 hour ago, Crimson said:

What a great way to support the team and manager.... Not.

How about we display banners of encouragement and applaud the team as they enter the field.  Show them we believe. 

I'd like to know your reason to continue supporting a manager who has provided the worst ever run of defeats in our clubs history. Apparently 2 clubs in a year if you include Barnsley.

14 minutes ago, WestonRobin said:

2) This run can't last

What he doesn't take into account is .....

1) No there isn't (teams at least) form table proves that.

2) Yes it can , look at the last 16 games 13 losses ! how long can you say next time? Specially with the run of fixture coming up.

3) This I agree with, but that just makes you wonder even more why people think LJ can turn it around.

I won't be there Vs Sheff W because I'm working and I only have a few holidays left . If he goes I may try and make it but if he's there, I really think whats the point.  

Sorry , that's how I feel so I open myself up to the not a real fan comments. ....... I'll live with that .

27 minutes ago, WestonRobin said:

2) This run can't last

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

What he doesn't take into account is .....

1) No there isn't (teams at least) form table proves that.

2) Yes it can , look at the last 16 games 13 losses ! how long can you say next time? Specially with the run of fixture coming up.

3) This I agree with, but that just makes you wonder even more why people think LJ can turn it around.

I won't be there Vs Sheff W because I'm working and I only have a few holidays left . If he goes I may try and make it but if he's there, I really think whats the point.  

Sorry , that's how I feel so I open myself up to the not a real fan comments. ....... I'll live with that .

I agree with some of what you say...my post was an attempt for someone to provide some detail on why or how LJ would achieve what they claimed. It was rather unsuccessful!

On point 1 its rather subjective. I'd say there are worse teams / squads in the league than ours however we have played two of those in the last 2 games and lost! They've played as a team and have a plan.

On point 2 I agree with you - it can continue and will continue. The fixture list is, as you say, a major concern plus we aren't creating enough chances to win games...we won't pick up many points by having 1 or 2 shots on target.

On point 3 - agree with everything you say.

1 hour ago, WestonRobin said:

2) This run can't last

Sometimes it`s all you have left. 48 years of supporting City have taught me that.

If fans want to do something it should be before the game.

I just cannot see how anything in the ground helps anybody. Once the players cross the line from the tunnel they should be supported otherwise we are just adding to the undoubted pressure and even fear they are feeling.

We could try passionate support from the first minute and try and rally them but being quiet and booing seems to be more our thing in general !!

Archived