IGNORED

The "I told you so's"

Alessandro

16 hours ago, Alessandro said:

OTIB is a great place to vent your frustrations. Rightly so.

I don't mind people having a rant. I don't mind people who once supported LJ and what he and the club are trying to achieve losing faith. Many, a majority on here, have jumped on that ship. I get it, you're passionate about your club and you hate to see us lose. Rightly so. 

But to those fans, who when things are going well, wait in the shadows on OTIB, sit quietly in the pub and at games with nothing positive to say, as if almost waiting to reappear and say directly or indirectly 'I told you so' and 'I knew this would happen all along' - I'm not sure I could respect you any less.

IMO these kind of negative, energy sapping, 'conditional' supporters (can you even call it support?) are the worse types. I'm almost convinced that some fans actually take some small pleasure in seeing things go badly so they get to say that sentence.

Nobody who says 'I told you so' has ever been, or will ever be a hero".

That along with those idiots writing personally absusive banners, our club is better off without your 'support'.

Well however bad things maybe at OUR club, coming on here and moaning about it is a diversion from worrying about the lying narcissist who is now the most powerful man in the world, and how this country managed to vote itself down the dumper last summer.

On that basis getting worked up about LJ is light relief! And if "told you so" is part of it, so be it. The majority on this forum were sceptical to say the least when he was appointed. Some were vociferously against him from the start. Hardly surprising if they now point out that they have been proved right in their eyes.

What about the post Fleetwood 'win' posters posting "I told you everything was ok"?.

it's a forum and furthermore it's a forum about football, some posters will not/never like things in the following list:- Bristol sport, the owner, the owners son, the board, MA, the media man, aspects of the ground, the beer, the cider, the pies, the pasties, the lack of chips, the safety lights inside the ground, the bars, the restaurants, the lack of veggie options, the toilets, the lack of toilets, the toilet paper, the club shop, the ticketing arrangements, the stewards, certain stewards, the manager, one/all of the coaches, teams selection, the tactics, the lack of tactics, the bewildering tactics, the WTF tactics was that tactics, substitutions, all/some of the players, the academy, the academy coaches.............................................................................................................

I truly believe that although not a popular choice LJ won a majority of us over (he certainly did with me) but as I said at the end of last season, he now has the buck the Millen/DMC 2nd season curse, which is the season that any manager will be ultimately judged on, I cannot say how sad I am personally it has come to this but his position has become untenable, I won't say I told you so because I was one of the many actually won over, but at least some people have remained consistent and even during our early season points haul believed that cracks were being papered over.

An opposing argument to yours are the people who still to this day tell us that they predicted what happened GJ and SC and some still mourn the loss of super coach SOD, that is the same thing you despise people saying "I told you so'.

Archived