The "I told you so's"

Alessandro

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

No just hiding behind them

Just my opinion

4 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ahhhh 'tongue in cheek'

* Exception 7a

When said , or claimed to have been said , 'tongue in cheek' personal insults can not be regarded negatively

:thumbsup:

Don't go hiding behind them rules Alessandro.  Oh the irony. 

2 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Don't go hiding behind them rules Alessandro.  Oh the irony. 

remember You don't understand Irony

20 hours ago,  Rednwhiterob said: 

Well said that man.  Let's have a bit of class and not sink to the level of some of the knuckle daggers. 

case concluded :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Maybe , just maybe , as I think you will find on all such boards they get much busier when things are going badly or on occasions ridiculously well , when emotions are at their strongest

This theory that people wait in the shadows , waiting for the club to implode is IMHO complete and utter tosh and a popular conspiracy myth / nonsense

Emotions are running high because supporters care , they are p'd off , they want to debate what's gone wrong , or maybe argue that it hasnt

Get over yourself - we have this sort of nonsense thread started every time there's any criticism

Its a Forum

for DEBATE

For OPINIONS

Debate and opinions yes. But some of the stuff on here at the moment goes way beyond that. Personal abuse and the kind of mob mentality that has some posters starting threads just to repeat what they've already said in 20 others. Personally had enough and feel that the abuse and the ranting is so far outweighing the reasoned debate that I'm out of here for a while. I was angry at the final whistle yesterday, and angry on the way home, but not half as angry as some of this crap is making me.

Just now, italian dave said:

Debate and opinions yes. But some of the stuff on here at the moment goes way beyond that. Personal abuse and the kind of mob mentality that has some posters starting threads just to repeat what they've already said in 20 others. Personally had enough and feel that the abuse and the ranting is so far outweighing the reasoned debate that I'm out of here for a while. I was angry at the final whistle yesterday, and angry on the way home, but not half as angry as some of this crap is making me.

With you regarding personal,abuse and new threads 

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Both @BobBobSuperBob and @Alessandro are both posters who I like a lot.  Don't agree with everything they post, but they usually have merit.

I think they've just hit each other's nerve on this one....I'm leaving them to it.

Thanks Dave, I like your posts too. But Bob hasn't hit any of my nerves in the slightest. It's not a competition for me, I just posted an opinion that I, (and currently 17 others) feel is valid, is all.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Maybe , just maybe , as I think you will find on all such boards they get much busier when things are going badly or on occasions ridiculously well , when emotions are at their strongest

This theory that people wait in the shadows , waiting for the club to implode is IMHO complete and utter tosh and a popular conspiracy myth / nonsense

Emotions are running high because supporters care , they are p'd off , they want to debate what's gone wrong , or maybe argue that it hasnt

Get over yourself - we have this sort of nonsense thread started every time there's any criticism

Its a Forum

for DEBATE

For OPINIONS

Can you see your mother Bobby, standing in the shadows?

1 hour ago, Alessandro said:

I never said you can't debate. Read my first sentence and get over yourself. 

But to those who can only 'debate' when things go wrong and come in saying 'I told you so' - get over yourselves.

I hear ya sister you sensitive thing :dance:

1 hour ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Really well said Alessandro. Energy sapping nonsense. 

We all want the same thing and the 'I told you so' mentality doesn't help. Just the same for those who want to shout you down  because you dare to have a slightly different opinion.

What's interesting from a lot of posts is the expectations of fans, what do we want?

Happy to stay up? ATM obviously yes but start of the season there were all sorts of pie in the sky expectations and predictions. I was happy with mid table and improvement on last season with the gradual addition of better players and then push on 2017/18.

God knows where we will end up but will take one place above relagation zone at present.

is there perhaps too many supporters who thought BCFC are bigger and better than we actually are in spite of having to bring a lot of new players to the club and have got carried away with early season results rather than performances and now reality has kicked in and they lack the emotional intelligence to deal with the current situation?

so what do we want?

15 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Thanks Dave, I like your posts too. But Bob hasn't hit any of my nerves in the slightest.

It's not a competition for me, I just posted an opinion that I, (and currently 17 others) feel is valid, is all.

:whistle:

Make sure you keep,updating the number of likes mind if they are relevant and important to you !!!

Not that you see it as a competition !!!!

:D

1 minute ago, INCRED said:

What's interesting from a lot of posts is the expectations of fans, what do we want?

Happy to stay up? ATM obviously yes but start of the season there were all sorts of pie in the sky expectations and predictions. I was happy with mid table and improvement on last season with the gradual addition of better players and then push on 2017/18.

God knows where we will end up but will take one place above relagation zone at present.

is there perhaps too many supporters who thought BCFC are bigger and better than we actually are in spite of having to bring a lot of new players to the club and have got carried away with early season results rather than performances and now reality has kicked in and they lack the emotional intelligence to deal with the current situation?

so what do we want?

I want to be entertained. Attractive attacking football that enables us to at least complete for a play off spot. Watched the Barnsley Leeds highlights earlier and my what a difference to the shite we get served up. Then take into account the money we have spent on players that can't get in the team and you'll no doubt not be surprised with the general discontent.

God, I've said it before and I'll keep saying it - we were a better team at the back end of last season than this after spending big (for us). The signings look good on paper so it must be on the training ground that it is NOT working. 

6 minutes ago, INCRED said:

so what do we want?

A good question. To which my answer would be that I don't think it's entirely unreasonable, approaching 37 (thirty seven!!!) years since we dropped out of the top flight, that we might in all those years have managed more than one decent shot at getting back. And even that was built on momentum rather than carefully building a squad to compete at the top of the second tier. It's a pitiful record, surpassed by clubs that back in 1980 we'd have been looking down on...hard to believe we've been so rubbish tbh. I'd never have believed how poor we've been if you'd told me all those years ago...

So, what do I want? I want the fine words of the club's owner backed by some action...

Fair play to the "I told you so's" as their tagged. Many saw this when he was appointed and many stated it within the first couple of defeats of the run. The lad Thatch35 and Andy were shot down from the off when they put their view points across. Regardless, the "I told you so's" still want this club to succeed with whoever is in charge. I don't like Johnson as a manager. Tinkers with selection, doesn't know his best side, man management appears pants, I could go on BUT I wouldn't wish a relegation on his CV cos that effects my enjoyment on a Saturday. 

21 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

A good question. To which my answer would be that I don't think it's entirely unreasonable, approaching 37 (thirty seven!!!) years since we dropped out of the top flight, that we might in all those years have managed more than one decent shot at getting back. And even that was built on momentum rather than carefully building a squad to compete at the top of the second tier. It's a pitiful record, surpassed by clubs that back in 1980 we'd have been looking down on...hard to believe we've been so rubbish tbh. I'd never have believed how poor we've been if you'd told me all those years ago...

So, what do I want? I want the fine words of the club's owner backed by some action...

Clearly SL has financially supported MA & LJ this season so what action do you refer to?

Is it the Coach needs to match the ambition so an experienced person as opposed to an apparent novice with potential at the helm?

Just now, INCRED said:

Clearly SL has financially supported MA & LJ this season so what action do you refer to?

Is it the Coach needs to match the ambition so an experienced person as opposed to an apparent novice with potential at the helm?

Oh, I don't question SL's investment this season...but this isn't a one season thing. He's been running the show for what, the best part of 20 years?...and in my opinion hasn't done a very good job of it. Talks a good story, delivers little. We're currently a League One yo-yo club, as we were when he arrived on the scene. 

But to your point, yes, I think we need experience at the top, to match all the off-field investment we need to invest in a manager who knows how to achieve promotion from this division.

2 hours ago, Alessandro said:

OTIB is a great place to vent your frustrations. Rightly so.

I don't mind people having a rant. I don't mind people who once supported LJ and what he and the club are trying to achieve losing faith. Many, a majority on here, have jumped on that ship. I get it, you're passionate about your club and you hate to see us lose. Rightly so. 

But to those fans, who when things are going well, wait in the shadows on OTIB, sit quietly in the pub and at games with nothing positive to say, as if almost waiting to reappear and say directly or indirectly 'I told you so' and 'I knew this would happen all along' - I'm not sure I could respect you any less.

IMO these kind of negative, energy sapping, 'conditional' supporters (can you even call it support?) are the worse types. I'm almost convinced that some fans actually take some small pleasure in seeing things go badly so they get to say that sentence.

Nobody who says 'I told you so' has ever been, or will ever be a hero".

That along with those idiots writing personally absusive banners, our club is better off without your 'support'.

I knew you would post something like this.

21 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Oh, I don't question SL's investment this season...but this isn't a one season thing. He's been running the show for what, the best part of 20 years?...and in my opinion hasn't done a very good job of it. Talks a good story, delivers little. We're currently a League One yo-yo club, as we were when he arrived on the scene. 

But to your point, yes, I think we need experience at the top, to match all the off-field investment we need to invest in a manager who knows how to achieve promotion from this division.

Not sure SL has been involved 20 years but certainly not far off. I wasn't convinced about LJ but the last 3 months of last season and first 3 months this season it looked like we had the right man so either he was very lucky or something has drastically happened behind the scenes?

i would like Pardew brought in if LJ can't turn it around in the next 2 league games and is sacked. He might cost big bucks but he knows this league, gets teams promoted and if he did get us up he knows the Prem also. Maybe wishful thinking and out of our range but if we want to compete then that's the calibre of person we would need 

9 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Not sure SL has been involved 20 years but certainly not far off. I wasn't convinced about LJ but the last 3 months of last season and first 3 months this season it looked like we had the right man so either he was very lucky or something has drastically happened behind the scenes?

i would like Pardew brought in if LJ can't turn it around in the next 2 league games and is sacked. He might cost big bucks but he knows this league, gets teams promoted and if he did get us up he knows the Prem also. Maybe wishful thinking and out of our range but if we want to compete then that's the calibre of person we would need 

I agree @INCRED, I watched most of the opening games of the season, and quite a bit of the preseason...a great shame it's all fallen apart, I did my best to support LJ! If I had SL's money I'd be going for a Pardew type, someone who expects success and can tell it like it is...I fear that may not be what we get...

@Alessandro

12 posts making pretty much the same point oh the irony.

On day one I said LJ's appointment was "hilarious" and I was right. in a sick joke sort of way.

There are you happy? I told you so.

Many others raised questions. They were also on the right lines.

Nobody is gloating. Just want the incompetent manager out.

On the other hand you were wrong. Get over it. 

3 hours ago, NickJ said:

@Alessandro

12 posts making pretty much the same point oh the irony.

On day one I said LJ's appointment was "hilarious" and I was right. in a sick joke sort of way.

There are you happy? I told you so.

Many others raised questions. They were also on the right lines.

Nobody is gloating. Just want the incompetent manager out.

On the other hand you were wrong. Get over it. 

Didn't take you long to take the bait. Thank you for proving me right. I didn't actually think you could sound anymore pathetic, but you've surpassed even your low standards, congratulations. What a pathetic, petty post. Wow.

6 hours ago, Alessandro said:

OTIB is a great place to vent your frustrations. Rightly so.

I don't mind people having a rant. I don't mind people who once supported LJ and what he and the club are trying to achieve losing faith. Many, a majority on here, have jumped on that ship. I get it, you're passionate about your club and you hate to see us lose. Rightly so. 

But to those fans, who when things are going well, wait in the shadows on OTIB, sit quietly in the pub and at games with nothing positive to say, as if almost waiting to reappear and say directly or indirectly 'I told you so' and 'I knew this would happen all along' - I'm not sure I could respect you any less.

IMO these kind of negative, energy sapping, 'conditional' supporters (can you even call it support?) are the worse types. I'm almost convinced that some fans actually take some small pleasure in seeing things go badly so they get to say that sentence.

Nobody who says 'I told you so' has ever been, or will ever be a hero".

That along with those idiots writing personally absusive banners, our club is better off without your 'support'.

I think you will find that Winston Churchill was a bit of a 'told you so', warning all that would look listen about the ills of appeasing Nazi Germany and in my view very much a hero.

8 hours ago, shepton red said:

I think you will find that Winston Churchill was a bit of a 'told you so', warning all that would look listen about the ills of appeasing Nazi Germany and in my view very much a hero.

Sorry mate, you couldn't be more wrong. Churchill was well known for never saying I told you so.

And yes, he was a hero.

Archived