IGNORED

Impact of Tammy recall clause on any decision?

Olé

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

I would still sack him now, if it meant TA going back to Chelsea then so be it. A new manager would have a week to bring another striker in, using the obvious bottomless pit of money SL has been happy to hand out to the current manager. 

We do have other strikers, a tactically astute manager may even be able to get us a few 1-0 wins, by actually sending the team out with plan. At the moment TA's goals are actually winning us no points whatsoever.

He's scored 18 goals in a little over half a season, if he can replicate that over a full season easily looking at 30+ 

So if this was a clause in no way would I sacrifice Tammy.

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Time and time again we've been told THERE IS NO RECALL AVAILABLE, which part of that don't people understand? 

Time and time again we have been told THERES IS NO STANDARD RECALL AVALIABLE, which part of that don't people understand? 

If you read the thread before posting your narrow minded idiotic comments you might have already known that.

42 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

An extremely bizzare clause to put in any contract/loan and one i dont believe would have been discussed even for a second.

One that is more likely i would believe is if we are in the bottom 3 halfway through the season, much like why Izzy Brown was recalled from Rotherham and sent to a team chasing promo in Hudds....

That sounds like a "non-standard" recall clause to me. If the same exists for Tammy, even more reason to dispense with LJ before he drops us into the bottom 3 and we risk losing Tammy to some team in the top half of the table!

6 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

That sounds like a "non-standard" recall clause to me. If the same exists for Tammy, even more reason to dispense with LJ before he drops us into the bottom 3 and we risk losing Tammy to some team in the top half of the table!

Exactly, hopefully tomorrow is the day.

35 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

He's scored 18 goals in a little over half a season, if he can replicate that over a full season easily looking at 30+ 

So if this was a clause in no way would I sacrifice Tammy.

Call me old fashioned but I expect him to score 2-3 goals each game with the chances he gets. So on that reason I will give him a kick up the ass. As for lee johnson he probably will be our best manager this club has seen for a long time, that's if you guys will give him a chance. 

P.S. yes I'm on the vintage cider, this might explain my craziness :drunk2:

3 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

Call me old fashioned but I expect him to score 2-3 goals each game with the chances he gets. So on that reason I will give him a kick up the ass. As for lee johnson he probably will be our best manager this club has seen for a long time, that's if you guys will give him a chance. 

P.S. yes I'm on the vintage cider, this might explain my craziness :drunk2:

I can understand you're thinking 

Tammy does what he should be doing , scores hat trick (minimum) each game

We sneak in the play offs and romp the Play Off Final as Tammy has an 'above average' day and nets all 5 against Derby

Lee is proved to be the best manager seen at the Club for ages ,

and girls and boys there will be another bedtime story tomorrow night from ' Alcohol induced Bedtime Fantasies'

:thumbsup::whistle:

• Admin
41 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Time and time again we have been told THERES IS NO STANDARD RECALL AVALIABLE, which part of that don't people understand? 

If you read the thread before posting your narrow minded idiotic comments you might have already known that.

Wow!

So why are people discussing the possibility of a recall when it's clear there isn't one? 

2 hours ago, Olé said:

I feel the same way as most of the responses by the way, it just has me wondering if we may not see anything happen this week after all - waiting for the transfer window to close would reduce the scope to recall and re-loan the player, if such a term existed.

I think there are two more likely reasons why we won't see a managerial change until February:

• We aren't in the relegation spots (yet) so I think it's likely that LJ will be given every possible chance to get the team winning until it's clear that we are heading down.  When we're in the bottom three, the City board will have to take action.
  • After the club signed 4 players in January, the board will not want managerial applicants who think they have time (and money) to bring in further players. Appointing a new manager in February will give us a shortlist of managers prepared to work with the existing squad.

38 minutes ago, phantom said:

Wow!

So why are people discussing the possibility of a recall when it's clear there isn't one? 

It's clear there's certain stipulations we have to keep to, in terms of keeping Tammy. The point of this thread is exploring whether Johnson staying is one of those stipulations.

51 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I can understand you're thinking 

Tammy does what he should be doing , scores hat trick (minimum) each game

We sneak in the play offs and romp the Play Off Final as Tammy has an 'above average' day and nets all 5 against Derby

Lee is proved to be the best manager seen at the Club for ages ,

and girls and boys there will be another bedtime story tomorrow night from ' Alcohol induced Bedtime Fantasies'

:thumbsup::whistle:

I'm pleased your also in the same 'always believe' camp as me.

Something strange is going on today, I find myself agreeing with many of your posts.

This one being the most agreeable one yet. 

9 minutes ago, Rascal said:

He would be absolutely amazing for us with the amount of chances we create. 

No he's rubbish mate - honestly , couldn't hit a barn door etc

His goals are rubbish , you know boring volleys from 10 yards out - really boring

I might be his first taste of senior football but he needs to man up 

Besides boring goals he's not fast enough, strong enough , doesn't get many headed goals ... I could go on ...

At just turned 19 he should be ashamed of his contribution

He needs a good old kick up the arse 

Forget about him

Hes rubbish and the root of our problems

Over rated

I am not sure Chelsea have ever entered a clause like this into a loan deal so not sure why they'd start with Tammy, who if recalled would be behind around £100m of talent in the pecking order. 

The only terms would have been appearances and that isn't going to be an issue. 

But if this fantasy condition was correct I would still sack LJ, Tammy's goals haven't won us a single point in this run and something needs to change. 

11 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

I think it was a case of he must play as a centre forward. Why else would LJ have put a 20 goal striker ( Kodjia ) on the left or right wing at the start of the season?

Because Kodjia is a striker OR winger?

He had played many games as a winger before he joined us and wasn't being shoved out of position.

Archived