IGNORED

Nigel Adkins

Bris Red

Every manager seems to have a unique position in one club with promotion and have that synergistic group of players but cannot repeat the recipe elsewherte, much like Adkins. Only managers to be able to repeat is the likes of Steve Bruce, turnover of players with new team under Ferguson and a couple of others I can't remember after a few of these beers. But hopefully you get my drift. 

Everything depends on generating new chemistry and the passion to win.

1 minute ago, shelts said:

I would hope we would attract a top notch Championship manager with ambition who could get our wealthy Owner to part with even more money , whilst having a genuine crack at the Premiership 

in the past we'd never fork out for one of those....nowadays....I'm happy to be surprised. Simon Grayson please Steve

4 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

in the past we'd never fork out for one of those....nowadays....I'm happy to be surprised. Simon Grayson please Steve

Wow that's a curve ball. A long shot I would think. Think we need someone who would make the footballing world take notice . Pardew. 

4 minutes ago, Lucan said:

Are you deliberately ignoring the fact that Adkins got both Soton Scunthorpe promoted twice?

But after that he took Reading down and Sheff U (with the biggest budget in League One) nowhere, so you are being a bit selective there.

By the way, if Sheff U is such a poisoned chalice how come that Chris Wilder is now doing so much better than Adkins did there?

16 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Too right, he had a bigger budget than us and still couldn't get Sheff U promoted.

Better options than him.

Maybe. He'd be on my shortlist though given he has managed two clubs in the Premier League and won promotion to the Premier League.

People are suggesting Uwe Rosler as a frontrunner, what division is he managing in at the moment?

20 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yet he was the first manager in Southampton FC's history to get them back to back promotions taking them into the premier league whilst keeping them in the top two all season....not good enough for you obviously....

And was rubbish subsequently at Reading and Sheff Utd.

If we are after someone who was successful once then I imagine Paul Jewell is available

Just now, shelts said:

Why ?

im intrigued 

I know a few Newcastle fans.... I'll say no more, but if the goss is right, not within BS3 thanks. I say Grayson because he sets a team up and survives whilst spending bugger all. The history of BCFC suggests we have a spending splurge, then a couple of seasons when we claim we are skint. He'd be perfect

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

Maybe. He'd be on my shortlist though given he has managed two clubs in the Premier League and won promotion to the Premier League.

People are suggesting Uwe Rosler as a frontrunner, what division is he managing in at the moment?

Fair comment, personally I'm not too sure about Rosler, I think you can discount his time at Leeds and truly I can't remember what his record at Wigan or Brentford was like without cheating and looking it up.

I like Steve Clarke, if we are going to get in a coach then he has been assistant at both Chelsea and Liverpool and as he showed when Reading took us apart last year he can certainly set a side up well.

Hardly a dynamic media personality I admit, but if we stop losing I doubt too many will mind that.

1 minute ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I know a few Newcastle fans.... I'll say no more, but if the goss is right, not within BS3 thanks. I say Grayson because he sets a team up and survives whilst spending bugger all. The history of BCFC suggests we have a spending splurge, then a couple of seasons when we claim we are skint. He'd be perfect

He has lovely hair and a winning smile 

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He was only appointed Reading manager on 26 March 2013 that season, so relegation was all his fault?!

No, it wasn't.

But he lost more than he won at Reading despite parachute payments, that is not a great record.

Just now, Lucan said:

I didn't say Sheffield united was a poison chalice.  Not sure why you are bringing them up at all...

Because it was his last job in management.

I was referring to Sweeney's penalties comments re his failure there.

Archived