IGNORED

Nigel Adkins

Bris Red

14 minutes ago, shelts said:

Were a laughing stock. No credibility. Give us a name who can restore our lost pride, a manager people might like at their club, a sought after chap. We have some decent players , some need to be moved on. Stability please 

Steve Bruce, but I doubt very much we will get him!!!

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I like Rosler for his pedigree as a player, and he's done decently at club level management.  There are probably better choices, I'm not hearing many of them though.  Here's the stats.

Managerial statistics[edit]

As of 22 January 2017[66]
Team From To Record Ref
G W D L Win %
Lillestrøm 1 November 2004 13 November 2006 55 24 16 15 43.64
Viking 22 November 2006 18 November 2009 89 37 24 28 41.57
Molde 30 August 2010 31 December 2010 8 6 2 0 75.00
Brentford 10 June 2011 7 December 2013 136 60 40 36 44.12
Wigan Athletic 7 December 2013 13 November 2014 55 22 16 17 40.00
Leeds United 20 May 2015 19 October 2015 12 2 6 4 16.67
Fleetwood Town 30 July 2016 Present 37 16 11 10 43.24
Total 392 167 115 110 42.60

I like Rosler and think that's a decent CV, even his short spell at Leeds is a massive improvement on our current form!

Do you have the stats like this for Rowett?

The thing is, you can look at any manager's record and think they will or won't be successful. Look at managers like Steve McClaren and he has done some great jobs with certain teams and been a disaster elsewhere. The vast majority of us were happy with the appointment of Coppell, if not ecstatic, and look how that turned out. No manager comes without risk, but Adkins would excite me with the football his teams generally play. IMHO, we certainly need change now and would prefer him over many other suggestions. 

Adkins would be on my shortlist.

There are fair points about his time at Sheffield United, and Reading too, but there aren't many managers with only ten years in the field who can claim to have four promtions on their CV.

He's also got over 450 games in management under his belt in that period, experience at this level and higher, and a decent overall win rate (though I'm always more interested in managers 'did not lose' rate, personally, and that is good too).

For me, we could do much worse than him.  Would be above emerging talents like Graham Alexander for me; not because I don't rate them, but because I think we need someone who has been there and done it now - McInnes, Millen (to an extent) and now LJ were experiments in 'young/new & upcoming' managers/coaches for us at this level; it hasn't worked.

Need someone who can draw on their record and experience at this level for solutions - Adkins would have that going for him.

2 minutes ago, cityironman said:

Go get Simon Grayson from PNE i say! What he's done there with very little money is highly impressive

No offence mate but another deluded suggestion. Why would Grayson leave PNE to come here in our current predicament. Add to that the fact hes a northen lad and spent the whole of his playing and managerial career up there its just a dead shout IMO.

Adkins + Kenny Jacket would be getting phone calls from me if i was SL. The two most realistic and best fits for BCFC that are available. I like them both but Adkins would edge it, the job he did at Southampton was superb.

2 minutes ago, bris red said:

No offence mate but another deluded suggestion. Why would Grayson leave PNE to come here in our current predicament. Add to that the fact hes a northen lad and spent the whole of his playing and managerial career up there its just a dead shout IMO.

Adkins + Kenny Jacket would be getting phone calls from me if i was SL. The two most realistic and best fits for BCFC that are available. I like them both but Adkins would edge it, the job he did at Southampton was superb.

No offence taken! I appreciate what your saying but the obvious answer is money. We have a lot more of it than they do and as we all know it can make anyones head turn! 

Archived