IGNORED

Derby,Leeds,Newcastle,Villa all AWAY in February, be afraid be very very afraid

Never to the dark side

It really puts in perspective how bad our run through the last 3 months has been. These weren't the most difficult of fixtures and we have picked up 3 out of a possible 36 points.

Also worth noting the experience of their managers:

Derby - former England manager, Premiership experience, won Dutch league with an unfashionable team.

Leeds - Premiership experience.

Newcastle - managed in La Liga (incl Real Madrid), Serie A & Premiership; won the Champions League.

Villa - Premiership experience & won promotion from Championship.

City - 1 & a bit seasons in League 1, including 10 game losing streak.

Yes I know all of these clubs have much more illustrious histories than us  BUT does highlight the difference. I think the phrase is "Employ monkeys, expect peanuts".

10 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I think it highlights just what a tough league it is @Dr Balls. One of the toughest in the world with a whacking great big £250m prize at the end of it.

With LJ we have come to a gun fight carrying a Stanley knife.

A blunt Stanley knife at that!

1 hour ago, Dr Balls said:

It really puts in perspective how bad our run through the last 3 months has been. These weren't the most difficult of fixtures and we have picked up 3 out of a possible 36 points.

Also worth noting the experience of their managers:

Derby - former England manager, Premiership experience, won Dutch league with an unfashionable team.

Leeds - Premiership experience.

Newcastle - managed in La Liga (incl Real Madrid), Serie A & Premiership; won the Champions League.

Villa - Premiership experience & won promotion from Championship.

City - 1 & a bit seasons in League 1, including 10 game losing streak.

Yes I know all of these clubs have much more illustrious histories than us  BUT does highlight the difference. I think the phrase is "Employ monkeys, expect peanuts".

Not quite ,it's normally " pay peanuts , get monkeys " but now I'm splitting hairs .

10 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

I don't see any way that we don't end February in 23rd place.

I also think our goal difference may look more like what you'd expect from a team that has lost as many as we have after these games as well.

8 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

I can't see us keeping our amazing run of 'only losing by one' in this set of fixtures.

We will lose by more than 1 goal against Newcastle for certain. If we aren't -10 or more goal difference at the end of this run of fixtures, it will only be because we have installed a new manager...

Archived