IGNORED

Bristol City v Arsenal 1976 team full of local boys!

Poshtottie

38 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Only six were local boys - but I get the drift

Fantastic day , but a lifetime away both in terms of time and the status of our club

Then we are agreed on the majority of the team were local lads giving it to the mighty Arsenal!

My point being the lads on the pitch lately are not cutting it... if Johnson wants to go down with this lot then that's his decision... but if it was me I be looking at our under 23's and seeing what is there! I read the latest is that we are looking for a defender as if that is going to change our world! You have the players lead them Mr Johnson...

39 minutes ago, Marlborough Red said:

There with my 3 brothers , fantastic day out with around 8,000 City fans seemingly in all parts of Highbury

.Iconic away kit. Wish we still played in that outfit

They were magic days! Money was tight for most in 70's, I used to get taken to home games only, behind the goal sat on the rail ;-)

I went to that game, was behind the goal where Cheese scored, probably my favourite City game of all time. First game of the season, a lovely summer's day and a win at Highbury - absolutely perfect.

I used to live next door to an Arsenal fan and he said it was the biggest away following they'd ever seen there and that Arsenal fans who were there still talked about it.

16 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

I went to that game, was behind the goal where Cheese scored, probably my favourite City game of all time. First game of the season, a lovely summer's day and a win at Highbury - absolutely perfect.

I used to live next door to an Arsenal fan and he said it was the biggest away following they'd ever seen there and that Arsenal fans who were there still talked about it.

Now that's a great story! ;-) If only we could remember more often! Bristol could by the size of the City and should have a top 10 premiership team!

Archived