IGNORED

Misinterpreting SL's statement...

brizzlelou

Am I the only one that looked at the line "...I have no intention of seeing this wasted" and thought it meant LJ is in the brown stuff? I don't think his statement was as supportive of LJ as people are making out. Peeps, I think that was the dreaded vote of confidence!

1 minute ago, brizzlelou said:

Am I the only one that looked at the line "...I have no intention of seeing this wasted" and thought it meant LJ is in the brown stuff? I don't think his statement was as supportive of LJ as people are making out. Peeps, I think that was the dreaded vote of confidence!

I thought exactly the same. 

I think we can assume that if you commit your words to an article on bcfc.co.uk, they will be totally accurate.

There is not a single word that directly supports LJ.

I read the article as 'stick with the club, keep supporting because I am not going to let this money be wasted'.

2 hours ago, brizzlelou said:

That did jump out. He can only be talking about Johnson there. All the rest is rallying the troops. League 1 football can no longer be acceptable following the investment in the stadium. I hope that he can admit that he was wrong (again) to himself (if not to us) and make the significant mind-set change that is needed if he genuinely wants the Premiership. He has to make the necessary change even if we survive. It's what other (proper) football clubs do. 

He's a genuine but misguided man at the moment.

It's easy to see that this statement piles a lot of pressure on. 

Remember when SL said we'd never sell Kodjia to a championship club and then got an obscene amount of money for him?

Anyone who thinks SL is an idiot has a short memory. He's a shrewd businessman and there was a clear message beneath the surface. 

7 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

I think your clutching at straws, SL has zero intention of sacking LJ.

Disagree....his face and tone said it all.

18 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

It's a very public first and final warning for LJ.

Totally agree.  I think he's been told, "we are safe for the moment, but if that tide changes, you're out"

15 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

I think your clutching at straws, SL has zero intention of sacking LJ.

Not how I read it, but .....

12 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Yet

This !

I took it as,he has a little time but that is not endless. More defeats will see him gone.

3 hours ago, brizzlelou said:

That was my reading too.

However, with the way feelings are running on here at the moment, I am not surprised that many posters read into any statements made by anyone ( LJ/SL/MA) just what suits to justify their feelings and so that yet more knives can be stuck in.

Similarly SL backing the manager is exactly what I would have expected him to say/do. To do anything but back LJ in public would undermine LJ's position completely and pave the way for LJ to argue constructive dismissal and with it a substantially higher compensation package than he would get if he resigns or leaves "by mutual consent".

I don't think SL will sack LJ, but I do think that he will make LJ see that the better way is to go with some dignity, and with a negotiated  financial settlement that is to the club's advantage.

3 hours ago, brizzlelou said:

Please Lord!

Archived