IGNORED

Villa Ticket refunds : UPDATED 23/01/17 - Timescale extended (Merged)

Bristol Rob

I posted something to the effect that process of purchasing Villa tickets was painless...and, given that I'd spotted the window for refunds, so was getting my money back. But I have sympathy with anyone who missed that window, it was too short and the announcement wasn't exactly prominent. It strikes me that ticket sales are an area which needs attention...a constant source of unnecessary irritation!

52 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Would be bloody fantastic. I am surrounded by Villa, Blues and Wolves fans.

You never know.

Wish I could get to the game as its just down the road but no chance of getting a ticket.

I work in Oldbury, so mainly Albion. Most of the rest are Villa and Wolves, although we have another City fan and even a sag!

1 hour ago, Engvall's Splinter said:

Bore off. I'm only after 2 not bloody 20. 

Then surely you have 2 memberships. 

Or do you expect to get one for a friend who isn't a member, at the expense of a membership holder who wants that ticket..?!

2 hours ago, cider-manc said:

I honestly don't see why an extra refund window can't be put in and the general sale pushed back a week.

Also... just a thought. Can we not have a sub forum for unwanted ticket sales for all games? A place where tickets can be sold for face value (or less). I'm guessing it might need the clubs blessing?  I realise it would very rarely be required (how often do we actually sell out...) but it could prove quite useful.

Presumably because it would mean lots of extra work for City staff, but Villa are getting all the money.

I bet if this was a home game and all the money was going into our coffers, we'd be a bit more accommodating!

25 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Presumably because it would mean lots of extra work for City staff, but Villa are getting all the money.

I bet if this was a home game and all the money was going into our coffers, we'd be a bit more accommodating!

To be fair my ticket arrived today so I'm guessing it is because they have been posted out. 

Having said that whats to prevent them allowing people to go to the shop to give the ticket back and get a refund. No extra staff required. 

Just now, cider-manc said:

To be fair my ticket arrived today so I'm guessing it is because they have been posted out. 

Having said that whats to prevent them allowing people to go to the shop to give the ticket back and get a refund. No extra staff required. 

Still City staff doing the work though, processing refunds etc..

I might be way off the mark, and City should be treating it's supporters better, but I wouldn't mind betting the fact there is no financial gain on our part means we've dealt with it as quickly as possible.

2 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Still City staff doing the work though, processing refunds etc..

I might be way off the mark, and City should be treating it's supporters better, but I wouldn't mind betting the fact there is no financial gain on our part means we've dealt with it as quickly as possible.

We'll never know, not till the club engage with us.

Can't imagine the WMPolice will be too happy, with potentially dozens of away end tickets flouting around on the 'open market' for anyone to snap up either..... (despite a number of that particular force perhaps being 'up for a ruck' if popular reputation is to be believed) .... Hope not but this clearly unfair ticketing refund fiasco could lead to an unpleasant and wholly avoidable situation at V Park.

BCFC your supporters support you through thick and thin, as witnessed by recent attendances, is it too much to expect you to support your support by pulling your fingers out of corporate ar se's and sorting the refund situation out? ... lets see a bit of 'can do' attitude eh? ... email all concerned, give fans a couple more days to contact you and arrange refunds and you still have ample time to re-flog the f'ing things to supporters who can make the match.. a bit less 'no can do BS' from BS would not go amiss.

(PS.. support through recently ever thinning 'thick & thin' shouldn't be taken for granted.)

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Then surely you have 2 memberships. 

Or do you expect to get one for a friend who isn't a member, at the expense of a membership holder who wants that ticket..?!

I don't expect anything. That comes with a lifetime supporting City. 

What I would like is to take my father to an away game yet unfortunately it isn't as straight forward as I'd like. Member or no member, he's a supporter and has been since his childhood. 

3 minutes ago, Engvall's Splinter said:

I don't expect anything. That comes with a lifetime supporting City. 

What I would like is to take my father to an away game yet unfortunately it isn't as straight forward as I'd like. Member or no member, he's a supporter and has been since his childhood. 

I'm baffled by you not understanding that tickets for a sought after game are available to priority groups and restricted to 1 per STH & then members. 

Complaints heard and responded to.

City supporters will have an extended chance to claim a refund on tickets and travel for Aston Villa away. This decision follows feedback from fans, in respect of last week’s two-day refund period, during which 400 tickets were returned. 

Subsequently, fans who have yet to claim a refund but wish to do must call Supporter Services on 0117 963 0600 by 3pm on Friday (January 27th) to secure a refund. 

Please note some tickets have already been issued in the post and if that is the case, Supporter Services staff will talk fans through the process to return them in order to claim their refund.

Full details: http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/villa-tickets-on-sale-to-members-3533530.aspx

Just now, View from the Dolman said:

Complaints heard and responded to.

City supporters will have an extended chance to claim a refund on tickets and travel for Aston Villa away. This decision follows feedback from fans, in respect of last week’s two-day refund period, during which 400 tickets were returned. 

Subsequently, fans who have yet to claim a refund but wish to do must call Supporter Services on 0117 963 0600 by 3pm on Friday (January 27th) to secure a refund. 

Please note some tickets have already been issued in the post and if that is the case, Supporter Services staff will talk fans through the process to return them in order to claim their refund.

Full details: http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/villa-tickets-on-sale-to-members-3533530.aspx

Beat me to my own story!

Great news that the club have done the sensible and logical thing (regarding ticketing).

I'm just sorry I wasn't aware of the short time to to get a refund or I would have tried to help by putting a post on here. Hopefully everyone will be sorted now though. But why do things  have to be so difficult.

20 minutes ago, RedM said:

Great news that the club have done the sensible and logical thing (regarding ticketing).

I'm just sorry I wasn't aware of the short time to to get a refund or I would have tried to help by putting a post on here. Hopefully everyone will be sorted now though. But why do things  have to be so difficult.

Can you edit the title of the thread so that it's clear to those browsing that the refund deadline has been extended?

That might help a few folk.

Archived