IGNORED

Villa Ticket refunds : UPDATED 23/01/17 - Timescale extended (Merged)

Bristol Rob

1 hour ago, Engvall's Splinter said:

I don't expect anything. That comes with a lifetime supporting City. 

What I would like is to take my father to an away game yet unfortunately it isn't as straight forward as I'd like. Member or no member, he's a supporter and has been since his childhood. 

If every season ticket holder who bought a ticket also wanted to take their lifelong-supporting father despite him not having paid for priority access, neither of you would be going because they would have sold out already.

Something to think about.

44 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If every season ticket holder who bought a ticket also wanted to take their lifelong-supporting father despite him not having paid for priority access, neither of you would be going because they would have sold out already.

Something to think about.

You take life too seriously. 

Regardless, you'll be delighted to know I've got my second ticket. Cheated my way to one via a fellow member. I'll see you there Chip. 

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Can you edit the title of the thread so that it's clear to those browsing that the refund deadline has been extended?

That might help a few folk.

Good idea, infact so good someone beat me to it. Hope it helps a few, it's a lot of money to lose. 

23 hours ago, AdamB said:

Hi Rob,

We said all along that a) if the game was postponed due to Cup progress and b) a new date was fixed up, we would alert supporters to the refund process, which we did last Thursday across all our digital channels (website, Twitter and Facebook). I'm sorry you missed it. 

The reason for the short deadline was because we wanted to ensure we had the maximum number of tickets ready for member sales to begin on Monday morning. It hasn't been easy for this game as we've attempted to recognise loyalty throughout the sales process. 

The ticket fulfilment process has now begun, so I'm afraid we won't be able to extend the refund period. However, I do take on board your feedback and will factor it in should we have a situation of this nature again. 

Regards

Adam

@AdamB you sell something you cannot supply a minimum of twelve months  to reclaim. six years if it is electrical. learn EU law 

On 1/23/2017 at 19:38, Bristol Rob said:

Turns out, the last day for getting a refund was last Friday.

Not this they thought it prudent to make this a news story or tweet the info (that I saw anyway)

There are stories up about how to buy tickets but nothing about the cut off date for claiming a refund. 

I will be moaning about this until a proper explanation is offered.

@AdamB and our invisible other SLO?

Are you the unluckiest man in Bristol , apart from the 50 billion gas heads

18 hours ago, Red Exile said:

Evidence, yet again, that for all the folk who say that this Forum is unrepresentative of City fans it does have some influence. 

Credit is due to whoever in the club picked this up and acted. 

Great outcome. Love my club. Love OTIB.

(I like to think I played a small part in this positive outcome too - I wrote a strongly worded letter to Esther Rantzen. She contacted the gas board on our behalf, but they appear to have fobbed us City fans off claiming "this has nothing to do with us". Farce or what?)

Archived