IGNORED

Tomlin trains with the U23

bs3

43 minutes ago, bs3 said:

I'm not going to say how I know this , you don't have to believe it your choice . 

Is extremley easy to come on here , blow hot air about in the know but not back it up with hard info....to then say I'm not going to say how I know .....but I do makes you look a bit of a prat. If you have fact and can back it up put up or shut up 

1 hour ago, bs3 said:

Tomlin is training with the U23,

Johnson have lost the dressing room.

There are know  cliques within the team.

The the great team spirit which SC built and fosterd is gone.

Young players not getting a chance the so called pathway is gone.

Johnson treating senior players like children.

Lansdown refusing to front up to the reality of the situation.

All the optimism from a season or two have gone.

Johnson is killing this club and we have to sit back and watch this.

Fair shout

1 hour ago, bs3 said:

Tomlin is training with the U23,

Johnson have lost the dressing room.

There are know  cliques within the team.

The the great team spirit which SC built and fosterd is gone.

Young players not getting a chance the so called pathway is gone.

Johnson treating senior players like children.

Lansdown refusing to front up to the reality of the situation.

All the optimism from a season or two have gone.

Johnson is killing this club and we have to sit back and watch this.

:gasmask:

1 hour ago, Chairman Mao said:

Tomlin and Bobby Reid then

The two people who were in the midfield when we were 6th now playing with the u23 or training with them.

I saw Bobby was in the Under-23's last week. What's the story there, why is he out in the cold? He's the only player LJ has improved?

Regarding the main subject of the thread, I've kept pretty quiet about this because it would be ammunition for LJ's supporters to tell me it's everyone else's fault, but Tomlin looked more overweight than usual at Forest when he came on and well off the pace and unfit to seriously contribute at this level. Sad but true.

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

I saw Bobby was in the Under-23's last week. What's the story there, why is he out in the cold? He's the only player LJ has improved?

Regarding the main subject of the thread, I've kept pretty quiet about this because it would be ammunition for LJ's supporters to tell me it's everyone else's fault, but Tomlin looked more overweight than usual at Forest when he came on and well off the pace and unfit to seriously contribute at this level. Sad but true.

Created a thread on it re tomlin. Very obvious imo.

Only in the world of football could an overweight, underwhelming, out of form, character be defended when/if punished. 

LT fell out at his last club. I firmly believe he spoke to LJ as reported and if so he was damn lucky not to find himself immediately transfer listed in my book. 

If he's being poisonous, divisive, belligerent pack him to the U23's. If he's not training in the right manner to keep himself in the prime fitness we need him, pack him to the U23's. If he packs his bags before the window is over, I'll shed no tears.

He's a class player, when he wants to be. He's just like JET in that there's a reason he's at the level he is and he is the one person who mentally can't bring himself to allow himself to play at a higher level.

He isn't the player or character we needed. We were deceived. I can excuse that, he was damn exciting on loan. But he's a billy big living off a reputation and is clearly coasting but still expecting to be shown utmost respect. 

8 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Only in the world of football could an overweight, underwhelming, out of form, character be defended when/if punished. 

LT fell out at his last club. I firmly believe he spoke to LJ as reported and if so think he was damn lucky not to find himself immediately transfer listed in my book. 

If he's being poisonous, divisive, belligerent pack him to the U23's. If he's not training in the right manner to keep himself in the prime fitness we need him, pack him to the U23's. If he packs his bags before the window is over, I'll shed no tears.

He's a class player, when he wants to be. He's just like JET in that there's a reason he's at the level he is and he is the one person who mentally can't bring himself to allow himself to play at a higher level.

He isn't the player or character we needed. We were deceived. I can excuse that, he was damn exciting on loan. But he's a billy big living off a reputation and is clearly coasting but still expecting to be shown utmost respect. 

Agree with all you say

But he is the same Lee Tomlin that LJ /MA wanted to bring here (And it has to be said most on here)

They signed him , what did they really expect - anyone with any knowledge of football let alone anyone in the game know what Lee Tomlin can bring , in all ways

Was an ideal loan signing at the time , but as a permanent we had to be sure that he would be a good fit - and he was never that 

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agree with all you say

But he is the same Lee Tomlin that LJ /MA wanted to bring here (And it has to be said most on her) 

They signed him , what did they really expect - anyone with any knowledge of football let alone anyone in the game know what Lee Tomlin can bring , in all ways

Was an ideal loan signing at the time , but as a permanent we had to be sure that he would be a good fit - and he was never that 

Agree, but I can understand the gamble and excuse it. It was only £3m in the grand scheme of things. That doesn't buy you a whole lot of player nowadays and someone with his talent for £3m simply has to be considered. 

I can understand thinking: hmm perhaps his Bournemouth fall out is the kick up the arse he needed; the fans will really take to this move; after failing with high profile bids last summer and struggling it will be the boost the club needs; LT seems to love it and has a mate here. 

It was a gamble but I can totally see the logic in it. 

At least with JET his problem was his mind was not in football. Nonetheless he was good in the dressing room even when not played. LT mind is on football, not on working hard and not on fostering a good morale when the chips are down. I say keep him where he is. Bring him back if and only if his attitude changes. 

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agree with all you say

But he is the same Lee Tomlin that LJ /MA wanted to bring here (And it has to be said most on here)

I'm not sure that they were that desperate to get him, the deal took ages to get done and to fair it was ferocious clamouring from the fans (especially this forum) for his signing that all but left them backed into a corner and having to sign him or risk the wrath of our fans every time we lost or didn't score in a game. I was one who was taken in by last years magic but honestly we all knew this would end in tears, maybe not this soon but eventually.

5 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Agree, but I can understand the gamble and excuse it. It was only £3m in the grand scheme of things. That doesn't buy you a whole lot of player nowadays and someone with his talent for £3m simply has to be considered. 

I can understand thinking: hmm perhaps his Bournemouth fall out is the kick up the arse he needed; the fans will really take to this move; after failing with high profile bids last summer and struggling it will be the boost the club needs; LT seems to love it and has a mate here. 

It was a gamble but I can totally see the logic in it. 

Agree

Except it's a big gamble because if there is a problem with any such personality as Tomlin the fall out can spread like a disease in the dressing room

Add to that LJs apparent propensity for confrontation , and 'outing' players in public , and I'd suggest there's a questionable situation anyway and thus  LT was never a sensible signing 

For what it's worth I think there are players that are more intelligent and reserved than LT that are equally unhappy or not far away.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agree

Except it's a bigger gamble because if their is a problem with any such personality as Tomlin the fall out can spread like a disease in the dressing room

Add to that LJs apparent propensity for confrontation , and 'outing' players in public , and I'd suggest LT was never a sensible signing 

For what it's worth I think there are players that are more intelligent and reserved than LT that are equally unhappy or not far away.

Yeah I think LJ bit off more than he could chew and perhaps will take his dad's approach more and more iro big name Charlie's. 

I don't think the harmony can't be rebuilt and I think keeping LT away could help that. 

I don't think this is the end for LT here either; or even LJ and LT if they both stay. But right now we are in a downward spiral and I don't see LT contributing to change that.

When he came here last year LT had a point to prove re his ability. Now he seems to have gotten in to his comfort zone and forgot about performing. 

If - and it is a big if - we can get some confidence and string some results together I've no doubt LT would reinvigorate himself. 

If I'm honest , If what I was told regarding his outburst is true , and I have no doubt it is, then I'm astonished he's been even on the bench since.

in our desperate situation right now , if I was LJ , I'd count to ten , speak to LT privately and say

'one last chance if you want it - get yourself fit enough to start at home to Rotherham and ill play you. , perform and keep your mouth shut and we will start again , stroll around or mouth off again , you're done here'

Archived